pale stools

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
monkeyblam

pale stools

Postby monkeyblam » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:32 am

Anybody have any experience with pale stools... sort of a tan/yellow color? My mom had a fever for about 7 days with bloating and sharp pains in her abdomen. This went away and, for the next 6 days, she's had very light colored bowel movements.

She mentioned it to her doctor and he didn't know what it could be but didn't suggest any follow-up tests because her next CT Scan is in a couple weeks. But it's got us a little concerned. She's Stage IV with lung mets (and maybe some involvement in her adrenal gland) but hasn't yet had any liver problems. Any idea what this could be besides a liver problem? Anybody had somethign like this as a side-effect of their chemo? Or as part of a gastrointestinal infection or something?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

northern lights

Postby northern lights » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:14 pm

My stools are pretty light coloured too, usually about a week after treatment (Folfox). I am not concerned about it, I assume it is because it contains a little more of the waste water, since it is not being absorbed as much as pre-surgery.

Please post if it does turn out to be something.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”