Where's the compassion/caring?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:37 am

Thanks Holly, I appreciate that. The main thing we are concerned with right now, is finding a place for us and our two dogsss. If you have any leads, send them to me vis email, to J_Meissner@msn.com okay? Thanks.

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:55 pm

John,

You Rock! I will shoot you a line in a few days!

Holly

Terry Miller

Operation

Postby Terry Miller » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:31 pm

Hi John,
Good luck with your surgery. I had many of your same feelings dealing with the "waiting" and all of the "red tape"...insurance...pre-op...ct scans... oncologists....EKG's...etc. I just wanted it to be over so I could deal with whatever prognosis that they gave me.
Best wishes and keep us informed when you return from the hospital. The surgery isn't half as bad as the waiting is. You just won't be able to wear a Speed-o!

Sincerely,
Terry
P.S. Being a survivor is a truly wonderful!

Joy

Postby Joy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:17 pm

I foooled all the "experts" or should I say my cancer fooled the experts.
Had a colonoscopy in early December - 1 polyp. Results came back as benign. Surgeon decided because of my age 60 to do a sig reesction. Came through surgery with flying colours - Surgeon convinced that everything was great- even told me that the polyp had started to shrink!! Biopsy came back as 2 lymph nodes involved "stage III"......Surgeon was shocked!!!! Not as shocked as me I've completed 28 rounds of radiation/5FU and so far 5 rounds of Oxal/5fu/lev.

I think I am very, very lucky - because if the surgeon had decided not to operate - I could very well have been heading to a stage IV.

Chemo is not "pleasant" - but what the heck it is only a bump in the road!! :D

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”