Make your own home video to help others!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Molly
Site Admin

Make your own home video to help others!

Postby Molly » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:04 pm

Hey All!

Mike McCurdy from www.healthnewsdigest.com just e-mailed and asked if I knew anyone who might be interested in a "little" project he's putting together for his website. HAHA! I told him I was SURE that I could rustle up a few fellow "semi-colons" to help out! It's a great way to get invloved, and he has helped us to get the word out before! Let's return the favor!

Here is a note from him below!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One-year ago, a 29 year old woman with three young children emailed me with a desperate request. She had just been told by her doctor that she had colon cancer, and she needed to reach out to women in a similar circumstance for advice and comfort. I immediately put her in touch with just such an organization. For one-year she kept me informed of her progress with chemotherapy treatments, domestic crises, etc. Well, just recently she emailed me to say that her doctor has given her a clean bill of health. At our request, she is making a home video to post on our site, as she now wants to reach out to other people in a similar circumstance, and offer her experiences, hope and advice. We decided to expand this project to include all people who are "Survivors" of any disease or affliction, who would like to make a contribution. If you know someone who would like to contribute by making a 1 - 2 minute home video to reach out to others in similar circumstances, please get in touch with me.

HealthNewsDigest.com is a seven year old Online Magazine that publishes 40 news stories on the Health Industry every Monday morning. Breaking news is reported on a daily basis. We are also the Health News channel on AvantGo, the handheld palm device service, with more than 7 million registered users worldwide.

In addition, we are syndicated to thousands of major health industry web sites, wireless phone systems, with feeds to Latin America, Europe and Asia. Also, over 2,000 news editors, directors, and health columnists subscribe and have free access to use any and all content. We are members of the New York Press Club, The Association of Health Care Journalists, and The Online News Association.

Michael J. McCurdy
Founder/Publisher
HealthNewsDigest.com
1461A First Avenue
New York, NY 10021
Phone: 212.396.3585
cell: 917.843.8637
News@HealthNewsDigest.com
tvmike13@HealthNewsDigest.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are interested in putting together a 1-2 minute home video for HealthNewsDigest.com, please send it to the address above. Also, Mike requested that you mention a resource or organization that may have helped you through your journey, so that someone who sees the video and is newly diagnosed would have a place to go as well!
Last edited by Molly on Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluemarlinchef24

Postby bluemarlinchef24 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Right on!

I figure that since I am doing a self-filmed documentary about myself and my battle with Severe Ulcerative Colitis that this is a perfect fit for me.

I sent Mike an email to find out exactly what he is looking for but this is right up my alley!

Thanks for the info Molly!

Charlie

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”