Colon Club Featured in My Philly Inquirer Column

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
DK37

Colon Club Featured in My Philly Inquirer Column

Postby DK37 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:44 am

My latest Philly Inquirer column has published, a rewritten for general newspaper readership version of my “BAND OF BROTHERS AND SISTERS” personal blog post now focused on Stage IV cancer patient/survivor bonding, across cancer type, no matter what the ribbon color (!!), using early on-set/young age metastatic CRC as an example to help bring awareness in a major newspaper we exist! (a good reason to share via email or on the social media of you choice, we need that awareness!).

The COLON CLUB is prominently mentioned & featured!

I loved being given the opportunity to speak to the general public about how incredibly special and important Stage IV cancer patient/survivor bonding is – something that most of the general population probably does not realize and if they do, have trouble fully understanding.

Hopefully the average reader now better understands the relationships in our general cancer community because I think that bonding should be more widely discussed and known. http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/diag ... sters.html

Cheers,
-DK
6/4/2012 Dx Stage 3C CRC @ 40 yo. MSS, KRAS-WT, BRAF-WT, p53-mut
7/12 FOLFOX/FOLFIRI
2/13 NED!
8/13 Enlarged lymphs - Stable
10/14 Stage IV. Lung & Lymph mets. 5-FU+bev
3/15 Cetuximab
11/15 FOLFIRI + bev
11/16 Signs of FOLFIRI resistance (Lymph mets)
1/17 Palliative radiation for resistant mets
2/17 FOLFIRI + bev + Maraviroc (off-label)
3/17 FOLFIRI + Erbitux + Maraviroc (off-label)
MSS-CRC Clinical Trial Finder: http://trialfinder.fightcrc.org/
2016 Colondar 2.0 Model
DK37 Science Posts List

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”