Trametinib and Panitumumab in RAS/RAF Wild Type Advanced Colorectal Cancer

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Steph20021

Trametinib and Panitumumab in RAS/RAF Wild Type Advanced Colorectal Cancer

Postby Steph20021 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:24 pm

Does anyone know anything about this trial, NCT02399943. Do we have any results for this kind of thing yet?

"This is a phase 2 study (the second phase in testing a new drug or drug combination) to see how useful the combination of two drugs, panitumumab and trametinib, are in patients with advanced colorectal cancer with KRAS, NRAS, or BRAF wild type (genes that are not mutated).

Panitumumab is a drug that is approved by Health Canada for the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer with KRAS wild type. Panitumumab works by binding to and blocking the protein, epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) from working.

Trametinib is a drug that is approved by Health Canada for the treatment of melanoma with a mutation in the BRAF gene. Trametinib works by binding to and blocking mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase (MEK) 1 and MEK2 from working.

Previous studies have shown that the combination of panitumumab and trametinib may be more useful in KRAS, NRAS, or BRAF wild type colorectal cancer."

Looks like MSK did it: https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/clini ... als/14-248

I'm wondering if it's good for MSS non-mutant? Or if I'm better off waiting for the phase 3 combo trial of cobi+atezo to recruit in Toronto, or trying something else?
DX 1/31/14 @ 33- SPS-T4a(invades visceral peri), N2a(6/106 LN), M1a(ovary) (Stage 4a) MSS; BRAF V600E
2/1/14-subtotal col, lost R ovary, temp ileo
3/14-9/14- folfox; sepsis
11/14-CT/PET: L ovary met, pelvic met, (?)ghost liver met(?)
12/14-folfiri -13 rds kept me stable from 3/15-6/15
8/15-HIPEC, NED
09/15- cea 0.9
05/16- recurrence in abdo wall and lymph nodes
01/17- pulmonary embolism
02/17- 1 wk radiation to abdo wall
08/16- on folfiri
01/18-folfox
11/18- Beacon trial-encorafenib & cetuximab

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”