Obstruction 2 months ago now bloated often

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
superchaos

Obstruction 2 months ago now bloated often

Postby superchaos » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:35 pm

About 2 months ago I woke up with left side pain that grew to a 10. After about 45 minuits in agony I felt it break free and warmth run down inside. After a couple minuets I felt much better.I believe now I was constipated for a while.After a couple days my stomach would gas up bad just from a few slices of sliced turkey.I took some chocolate x lax and went several times and thought I'd be ok but still could hardly eat without gassing up.Took another dose a few days later and it didn't work.Couldnt pass gas or go for over 2 weeks.Finally got to the doctor and he took an X-ray seeing I was constipated.He had me take MOM and Citrical Dailey.The MOM hardly worked at all.It all broke down in me but wouldn't come out for about a month.Finally couldn't take it no more and went to the ER.Had a cat scan and blood taken and was all good they said.I was on a IV and started going a little there.They sent me home with a bottle of magnesium citrate.Went a little more at home and didn't take that till later on the next day which did get things finally moving more.It took weeks to finally get a normal bowl movements and I'm waiting on more blood tests and supose to get a colonoscopy soon.My problem now is I'm still getting bloated I think in my large colon mostly above my belly button and across.I still can't eat a lot,I lost 10 pounds now was 220ps 6'2". Could my intestines be stretched out?Will they return to normal? Will I need steroids or something? Sorry for so much here but any info I can get would be appreciated.

Lee

Re: Obstruction 2 months ago now bloated often

Postby Lee » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:13 pm

I'm glad to read you are getting a colonoscopy. Don't let anyone talk you out of it. Your symptoms could be caused from many things, cancer just being one possible reason. How old are you? Does colon cancer run in your family?

For what it's worth, I had no symptoms or pain. My mother on the other hand years prior to my diagnoses, ended up in the ER with serious stomach pain and rectal bleeding. A colonoscopy was done, and she was suffering from a bad case of diverticulitis. It was the only time it ever reared it's head.

Good luck, keep us posted,

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

DarknessEmbraced
Facebook Username: Riann Fletcher

Postby DarknessEmbraced » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:18 pm

Sorry you're having such a hard time!*hugs* Glad you are getting a colonoscopy! Please let us know what you find out.*hugs*
Diagnosed 10/28/14, age 36
Colon Resection 11/20/14, LAR (no illeo)
Stage 2a colon cancer, T3NOMO
Lymph-vascular invasion undetermined
0/22 lymph nodes
No chemo, no radiation
Clear Colonoscopy 04/29/15
NED 10/20/15
Ischemic Colitis 01/21/16
NED 11/10/16
CT Scan moved up due to high CEA 08/21/17
NED 09/25/17
NED 12/21/18
Clear colonoscopy 09/23/19
Clear 5 year scans 11/21/19- Considered cured! :)

kiwiinoz

Postby kiwiinoz » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:43 pm

I get this a few times a year and for me at least, it is due to my diet being too high in fibre without enough fluids. Keep the fluids up and look at reducing your fibre perhaps
Stage IV Rectal Cancer (39 Year old male at dx)
pT3N0M1 (wish that was M0)
Diagnosed 05 Dec 2012
LAR 05 Jan 2013
VATS 27 Feb 2013
FOLOFX April 2013 - Sep 2013
Clear Scan 03 Dec 2013 - August 2020
Port Out 26 March 2015

mypinkheaven
Facebook Username: Sally Cunningham

Postby mypinkheaven » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:42 pm

I had a colon blockage (a stricture - totally different than you) and had terrible left side pain with no bowel movements for weeks. I finally got the right diagnosis and got the stricture opened. I needed surgery (again, not your situation), but the surgeon had me wait 6 weeks for the colon to completely heal. I was on a very strict low-residue diet in order to let the colon rest.

You already had the CT scan and it was fine. Get the colonoscopy - they're really not that bad.
MSS, KRAS Wild NRAS Mutated
9/2012 CRC IIB Lft Colectomy 0 lymph nodes 0 Chemo
10/2013 CT clear
11/15 CEA 2.7 to 4.6
11/15 Spread to uterus. Hysterectomy
2/16 Pelvic radiation 25, brachytherapy 3
4/16 - 6/16 Xeloda
6/16 CT Several lung nodules 5 mm
8/16 CT Nodules still present. Most stable. Some growth
11/16 Transfer to UCSD Moores
12/16 Folfox + Avastin failed
2/17 Folfiri + Erbitux
8/17 5FU+Erbitux No 5FU bolus
7/18 Spread to vagina
6/18 Folfiri + Avastin + Trametinib
6/18 CEA dropping

superchaos

Postby superchaos » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:25 pm

I had my colonoscopy and when I woke up the my doctor told me I was all clean but later when the nurse came in she ended up showing me the 4 pictures and looked clean but one pic of one tiny diverticulosis.Next day I checked my on line report and it said:Scattered sigmoid diverticulosis seen.That was the first area of a block I felt.So I don't know really if it's really that or how bad it is but I guess it's not bad although that's where the block happened.Thing I'm worried about now is I think I still have some swelling of my colon and soreness.Sometimes if I do some work out side like weed whacking I get some dull pain around my sides but not as bad as last week but it has me concerned a bit.I still get bloated especially after eating cereal but not as bad.I don't think my small intestines are quite right yet either maybe swollen or bacteria imbalance.I can pass gas when I need too but haven't had a lot really.Sometimes when I get up and walk either a little pressure or It feels like I have this minor bladder infection I feel in my very front inside.One time it got pretty sore and I went pee a bit and it was better but it always seems to linger at times and won't go away.Several times I've seen a very thin whitish film sort of swirly on top of my urine but not always,little like skin pieces also at times.I don't think it was just fine bubbles but not positive all the time.Maybe I have a lot of junk in my system still or some infection from it all?I feel better in a lot of ways but I get tired still.Im mainly worried that I might have an infection but they didn't see it in the hospital emergency tests I guess.And I'm worried my intestines may have been damaged in some way or there just inflamed or should I get on a pro biotic or wait a while?I have to say I've been through something in the past which was a night mare.I had CFS from who knows what really for years but got better then this hit me next.Ive always been a tough construction worker and use to work out a lot and I'm 44 now.Im thankful I don't have cancer but I need to fix this so years down the line these problems don't cause it.THANKS for listening and good luck to all of you.

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:41 am

Best advice for not getting it to the point of diverticulitis is, stay away from corn, nuts, seeds (this is debated). Take fiber daily with mirilax (recently heard from my sister's doc). There is no proof some of these things can cause diverticulitis, but if you want to be safe.

I had diverticulitis prior to dx, took antibiots, actually a few months after with more issues (mostly cronic constipation) is what brought me in. Thank god I got diverticulitis!

Milk, are you lactose intolerant? If not, you could be now

My mom has lived with diverticulosis for many yrs on her fiber and no nuts, seeds, etc diet, and it has not got inflamed since. The only other thing if it's serious or keeps getting infected it to have it removed.

Mine was removed as it was in the same location of my tumor.

superchaos

Postby superchaos » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:56 pm

Not sure if I'm lactose intolerent for sure yet. I think I may be a bit. Thanks for the reply and I'll keep these things in mind. Right now I take citracal once or twice a day depending on if I eat a lot of fiber or bloated from cereal already.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”