Interview with Clinical Trial Principal Investigator of MSS-CRC MEK-PDL1 Immunotherapy Breakthrough

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
DK37

Interview with Clinical Trial Principal Investigator of MSS-CRC MEK-PDL1 Immunotherapy Breakthrough

Postby DK37 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:28 am

There is a FANTASTIC, DETAILED and HOPE-filled interview podcast on MSS-CRC from ‪‎ASCO-2016‬ including an interview with Dr. Johanna Bendell (a Principal Investigator of the MEK-PDL1 trial) who explains the HUGE MEK+PDL1 breakthrough in easy to understand terms including optimism (but still unproven) it will have activity in a significant percentage of patients with both KRAS-mutant and KRAS-wildtype MSS-CRC (i.e. the entire patient population). Dr. Bendell is a clinical trial expert.

The concept of immunoscore (very important for MSS-CRC immunotherapy to guide patients towards an appropriate clinical trial) is also discussed by Dr. Jérôme Galon. Next, a representative from Genentech explains the clinical trial design process in the age of immunotherapy.

Sit down, take 30 minutes to listen, it is worth it! AND SHARE IT – patient education is so important in today’s fast moving research world

I have organized my various MEK-PDL1 trial coverage into a single new post - which includes a link to this VERY good interview.

https://adventuresinlivingterminallyopt ... estigator/

Cheers,
DK
6/4/2012 Dx Stage 3C CRC @ 40 yo. MSS, KRAS-WT, BRAF-WT, p53-mut
7/12 FOLFOX/FOLFIRI
2/13 NED!
8/13 Enlarged lymphs - Stable
10/14 Stage IV. Lung & Lymph mets. 5-FU+bev
3/15 Cetuximab
11/15 FOLFIRI + bev
11/16 Signs of FOLFIRI resistance (Lymph mets)
1/17 Palliative radiation for resistant mets
2/17 FOLFIRI + bev + Maraviroc (off-label)
3/17 FOLFIRI + Erbitux + Maraviroc (off-label)
MSS-CRC Clinical Trial Finder: http://trialfinder.fightcrc.org/
2016 Colondar 2.0 Model
DK37 Science Posts List

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”