A horseshoe and a Tubulovillous Adenoma up my butt

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Colon King

A horseshoe and a Tubulovillous Adenoma up my butt

Postby Colon King » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:12 pm

So my biopsy came back and it's showing fragments of a tubulovillous Adenoma. Negative for high dysplasia.

I've search this forum and see that a few people of had this, either as a standalone or as part of something else. I'm wondering what the protocol for follow-up is, as I see there is quite a dispute in the literature as to the best way to proceed.

Also, wondering what kind of questions I should be asking when I next chat with my doctor. Is a BRAF test warranted? lynch?

Your help always appreciated.
39 year old male, Canada.
Husband; father of 4.

5/16/16: 3cm x 4cm Intermediate Serrated Polyp found by fluke (elective colonoscopy)
5/20/16: CEA 1.7 (phew)
06/10/16: EMR complete
06/16/16: Biopsy result: Fragments of tubulovillous adenoma; negative for high grade dysplasia
09/08/16: Follow up Colonoscopy scheduled.

My blog: https://colonking.com

Nik Colon

Re: A horseshoe and a Tubulovillous Adenoma up my butt

Postby Nik Colon » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:16 pm

High grade dysplasia is another term for pre cancerous polyp (you mentioned not). So, from what I understand there should be no worry, just a benign tumor/growth
Last edited by Nik Colon on Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SurvivorsSpouse

Postby SurvivorsSpouse » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:41 pm

Tubulovillous adenoma is not pre-cancerous, it has/had a higher risk of becoming malignant, but now that it is out, you don't have that risk.

Your doc will probably recommend a follow up colonoscopy in 3 or 5 years rather than 10.

Pathfindergrl28

Postby Pathfindergrl28 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:40 am

I had a 12 mm tubulovillous adenoma removed in December 2014 by colonoscopy. I was having rectal bleeding on and off a few months, and that was why I was scoped. I am 35/F. It came back benign. I had Lynch syndrome testing done as well due to having this at age 34. It came back negative for Lynch. My GI doctor said I needed another colonoscopy in 3 years, but I pushed him to do it sooner. I am scheduled to have it done next month, but am not sure if I will have it done then or not due to my husband's health insurance (which I'm covered on) possibly changing. His company is being bought out by another, so not sure if they will cover it yet. If I get it done I will let you know what the results are...
36/F
Genetic high BP since age 22 (currently on Bystolic)
Wife, mom of two girls
Colonoscopy 12/1/14: DX with 12 mm Tubulovillous adenoma polyp (benign), & diverticulosis in colon, Lynch negative
Colonoscopy 10/21/16: Clear colonoscopy, diverticulosis

"Don't worry about anything, instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done." Philippians 4:6

Colon King

Postby Colon King » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:06 am

Thanks for the info PathfinderGirl. I find it ridiculous that health can be impacted or affected by intricacies of back-door insurance switches / take-overs. I'm sure all is fine and you will live a long healthy life to 120, just that the stress seems a bit foolish and inefficient.
39 year old male, Canada.
Husband; father of 4.

5/16/16: 3cm x 4cm Intermediate Serrated Polyp found by fluke (elective colonoscopy)
5/20/16: CEA 1.7 (phew)
06/10/16: EMR complete
06/16/16: Biopsy result: Fragments of tubulovillous adenoma; negative for high grade dysplasia
09/08/16: Follow up Colonoscopy scheduled.

My blog: https://colonking.com

Pathfindergrl28

Postby Pathfindergrl28 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:04 am

I agree, and thanks! Yes, hoping all of us here live long, happy lives! I'll let you know what my next colonoscopy results show (hopefully nothing). Keep us updated as well...
36/F
Genetic high BP since age 22 (currently on Bystolic)
Wife, mom of two girls
Colonoscopy 12/1/14: DX with 12 mm Tubulovillous adenoma polyp (benign), & diverticulosis in colon, Lynch negative
Colonoscopy 10/21/16: Clear colonoscopy, diverticulosis

"Don't worry about anything, instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done." Philippians 4:6

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”