An Original Member

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Lee

Re: An Original Member

Postby Lee » Sun May 29, 2016 2:21 pm

I am so sorry to read this. I enjoyed reading his posting. My thoughts go out to him and his family. I hope his remaining days are good ones surrounded by family and friends.

Take care,

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

Maggie Nell

Postby Maggie Nell » Mon May 30, 2016 11:19 pm

H is for Hawk wrote:Although I think Kenny was silenced on this forum, he left us some advice from his last post on Facebook:

"There are too many people on here posting too much crap and too much inspirational sayings. Aren't there better things to do than waste hours and hours of your time? Read a book, do volunteer work, get a job, get a life."

That's not advice.
DX April 2015, @ 54
35mm poorly diff. tumour, incidental finding following emergency R. hemicolectomy
for ileo-colic intussusception.
Lymph nodes: 0/22
T3 N0 MX
Stage II CRC, no adjuvant chemo required.

justin case

Postby justin case » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:03 pm

Lee wrote:I am so sorry to read this. I enjoyed reading his posting. My thoughts go out to him and his family. I hope his remaining days are good ones surrounded by family and friends.

Take care,

Lee

This disease takes it's toll on many. Lee is always on point. I hope my friend Kenny, is at peace, as I know he has done all He possibly could for his family's well being !
Contentment, and a feeling of accomplishment, is all you can carry, as you leave this life with satisfaction, of a job well done !
Michael
7/11 diagnosed Stage 2 colon and rectal cancer
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
21 round of chemo Folfox 9tx, 5fu 12 tx
Last treatment July 2012

justin case

Postby justin case » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:35 pm

H is for Hawk wrote:Although I think Kenny was silenced on this forum, he left us some advice from his last post on Facebook:

"There are too many people on here posting too much crap and too much inspirational sayings. Aren't there better things to do than waste hours and hours of your time? Read a book, do volunteer work, get a job, get a life."

I don't think Kenny was silenced, as He stated he had never been reprimanded. People of all faiths, and thoughts are tolerated by the forum, at least as far as I have observed. Kenny, chose to stop posting, as some of his views were different than others. A wise person is that, who will silence himself, rather than break up a community . I've actually been told, I was not a friend of Kenny's, but those people, never read our PM's !
I remember when Kenny got on the forum!
Although I have a great respect for my friend, there are very few original members around here, I didn't get here until 2011, and there were thousands, before me!
Michael
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

kellywin

Postby kellywin » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:11 am

justin case wrote:I don't think Kenny was silenced, as He stated he had never been reprimanded. People of all faiths, and thoughts are tolerated by the forum, at least as far as I have observed. Kenny, chose to stop posting, as some of his views were different than others. A wise person is that, who will silence himself, rather than break up a community . I've actually been told, I was not a friend of Kenny's, but those people, never read our PM's !
Michael

Nice post Michael. I remember when Kenny joined as well, we were diagnosed around the same time, we exchanged communications here and elsewhere. Thoughts are with Kenny and his family.
Kelly, mom 14 yo girl
Dx 11/15/12 Rectal Cancer @ age 40
Stage IIIC
5.5 weeks Xeloda & Radiation - complete 2/5/13
Colectomy 3/12/13, 7 of 14 nodes positive - no ileo
4/24/13-8/20/13 - 5 rounds Xelox, 1 Xeloda only

jens22
Facebook Username: jspirio

Postby jens22 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:11 pm

Kenny would tell it like it was....Kenny I hope you are pain free and in a happy place!
Colonoscopy 3/10 for ? hemmorrhoid.
Diag Colon Cancer 3 days later
Colon Ressection 3/30/10
Stage 3B 5/14 Nodes positive.
Power Port and 7 months of Chemo
Port removed 11/11
8 negative Cat Scans..... 10 years cancer free and Discharged from Sloane Kett!!
Diag age 47 , now 57 Mom of 3 boys.

justin case

Postby justin case » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:25 pm

kellywin wrote:
justin case wrote:I don't think Kenny was silenced, as He stated he had never been reprimanded. People of all faiths, and thoughts are tolerated by the forum, at least as far as I have observed. Kenny, chose to stop posting, as some of his views were different than others. A wise person is that, who will silence himself, rather than break up a community . I've actually been told, I was not a friend of Kenny's, but those people, never read our PM's !
Michael

Nice post Michael. I remember when Kenny joined as well, we were diagnosed around the same time, we exchanged communications here and elsewhere. Thoughts are with Kenny and his family.

There is a possibility, I embraced you as well, as a new member, in fact I remember it well! I thank you for your commitment, to those who have not travelled in our shoes !
Michael
Last edited by justin case on Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:28 pm

I just wanted to add, I miss Kenny being here on this forum, along with others, some still here but we don't seem to have the same laughter and fun. I really miss that. :(

justin case

Postby justin case » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:37 pm

Nik Colon wrote:I just wanted to add, I miss Kenny being here on this forum, along with others, some still here but we don't seem to have the same laughter and fun. I really miss that. :(

I chose to go to Facebook, with my laughter and fun, as there is a place for everything ! Colon Cancer is here, Facebook is for my antics !I don't often mix the two ! Sometimes on FB, I slip a little....,my friends there, although in several of the same encounters, Stage 3,Stage 4, stage 2, prefer to be human, without thought of what's coming next. They live in the present !
Bro Nut
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:44 pm

justin case wrote:
Nik Colon wrote:I just wanted to add, I miss Kenny being here on this forum, along with others, some still here but we don't seem to have the same laughter and fun. I really miss that. :(

I chose to go to Facebook, with my laughter and fun, as there is a place for everything ! Colon Cancer is here, Facebook is for my antics !I don't often mix the two ! Sometimes on FB, I slip a little....,my friends there, although in several of the same encounters, Stage 3,Stage 4, stage 2, prefer to be human, without thought of what's coming next. They live in the present !
Bro Nut

I understand. But it's here where I met them (you included). I so now regret leaving all groups on fb, but at that time I needed to. Wish I could turn back time tho now

I just feel so lost right now

My emotions are on a constant roller coaster ride and even my family (supportive as they are) don't understand. I feel more ups and downs now than when I was dx!

justin case

Postby justin case » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:02 pm

Nik Colon wrote:
justin case wrote:

Bro Nut

I understand. But it's here where I met them (you included). I so now regret leaving all groups on fb, but at that time I needed to. Wish I could turn back time tho now

I'm not in any group on Facebook, I'm meeting up with old friends, and damn lucky to be alive! I was hesitant to join social media, but now from a distance, I can watch my grandchildren grow, check on old friends here, and send a what's up. My group is now at 21, nobody cares, anything more than staying in touch! If I could stay in touch with everyone here who helped me through my cancer endeavors, it would be hundreds ! Perhaps, some people who thought I disliked them , don't know how much their posts, were beneficial to me, and thousands, just like me. The only group I belong to is the Colon Club ! Sometimes I try to say something worthwhile!
Michael
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:11 pm

justin case wrote:I'm not in any group on Facebook, I'm meeting up with old friends, and damn lucky to be alive! I was hesitant to join social media, but now from a distance, I can watch my grandchildren grow, check on old friends here, and send a what's up. My group is now at 21, nobody cares, anything more than staying in touch! If I could stay in touch with everyone here who helped me through my cancer endeavors, it would be hundreds ! Perhaps, some people who thought I disliked them , don't know how much their posts, were beneficial to me, and thousands, just like me. The only group I belong to is the Colon Club ! Sometimes I try to say something worthwhile!
Michael

:D

Soccermom2boys

Postby Soccermom2boys » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:03 pm

Hey-I don't mean to go off topic (sorry-not a long term member and while I do not know Kenny, based on this thread I think I would absolutely enjoy his voice on here!), but Nik, it was your last post about the roller coaster emotions that got me. I can 100% relate and that is why I come to Colon Talk every day so I can be surrounded by the only people who can truly relate to a day in our life. And Nik, you are absolutely one of my favorite posters because you are so willing to share your emotions so openly as well as share tips, offer kind and encouraging words, etc. I feel like I know you! It breaks my heart to hear you say you feel so lost, but I get it--just know you have this "following" of fellow CRC peeps who would be lost without your voice on Colon Talk! Xoxo
8/3/15 Went in with a hemorrhoid, came out with a tumor
8/12/15 Biopsy from colonoscopy confirms RC (45 yrs old--zero family history!)
9/21 - 10/29/15 chemorad 28 tx (with Xeloda)
12/17/15 APR with perm colostomy
Pathology report stages me as IIIA (T2N1M0)--1/15 LN detects cancer
2/3/16 chemo port inserted
2/8-6/2/16 8 rounds of Folfox

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:19 pm

Soccermom2boys wrote:Hey-I don't mean to go off topic (sorry-not a long term member and while I do not know Kenny, based on this thread I think I would absolutely enjoy his voice on here!), but Nik, it was your last post about the roller coaster emotions that got me. I can 100% relate and that is why I come to Colon Talk every day so I can be surrounded by the only people who can truly relate to a day in our life. And Nik, you are absolutely one of my favorite posters because you are so willing to share your emotions so openly as well as share tips, offer kind and encouraging words, etc. I feel like I know you! It breaks my heart to hear you say you feel so lost, but I get it--just know you have this "following" of fellow CRC peeps who would be lost without your voice on Colon Talk! Xoxo

Thank you, makes me want to cry. If I can at least help one person, I feel I have done my job on this earth! Thank you <3

Soccermom2boys

Postby Soccermom2boys » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:39 pm

(I wish I was tech savvy and could figure out how you people do quotes, but not there yet!) Nik--you have helped probably hundreds I am willing to bet! Not a day goes by where you aren't offering support and advice that is sound and helpful. No doubt your emotions are up and down like a roller coaster as I know mine are too, but have no fear that you have made a difference! I am one of those people who doesn't post much, for whatever reason, but I read through the posts every day and I do truly learn a lot from you as well as admire how you are so willing to put yourself out there to help people. Never ever doubt that you don't have a purpose, Colon Talk would not be the same without you for sure!
8/3/15 Went in with a hemorrhoid, came out with a tumor
8/12/15 Biopsy from colonoscopy confirms RC (45 yrs old--zero family history!)
9/21 - 10/29/15 chemorad 28 tx (with Xeloda)
12/17/15 APR with perm colostomy
Pathology report stages me as IIIA (T2N1M0)--1/15 LN detects cancer
2/3/16 chemo port inserted
2/8-6/2/16 8 rounds of Folfox

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”