Not feeling crappy enough?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
midlifemom

Not feeling crappy enough?

Postby midlifemom » Wed May 25, 2016 10:03 pm

Most people get on here with complaints of extreme nausea, fatigue and other side effects.

Two weeks ago, my onc suggested I skip chemo because I looked like a wet washrag. I felt even worse than that, so agreed.

Today I had chemo, but just 5FU, leukovorin, and avastin - we dropped the irinotecan.

I almost feel like I didn't do chemo at all. It's weird. Butt as we tend to worry about everything - now I'm worried that means I must not be attacking the cancer hard enough. Plan is to stay this path until next Ct in six weeks.
My CEA did do a big jump from the missed treatment. Hope I made the right decision.
Stage 3 cc - dx Jan '14 age 53, cea 2.9
t2n2m0, KRAS mutant, MSS
Folfox Feb - Aug '14
Nov '14 cea 27.7 -2 liver masses
Dec '14 left lobectomy and HAI
Jan '15 FUDR and FOLFIRI
Aug '15 fudr done, liver clear, add avastin for lungs. Cea 4.3
Feb '16 CEA rising
May '16 2 wk break then drop Iri for 6 weeks.
Jul '16 cancer grew, constricted main bile duct. Stent inserted. On break till jaundice clears. CEA climbing. Doing reduced Folfox. Allergic to Oxali.
Sep'16 chemo failed. Trial or hospice?

Nik Colon

Re: Not feeling crappy enough?

Postby Nik Colon » Wed May 25, 2016 10:22 pm

Sorry, that sux :( I would say to go with your gut and what you feel you can handle. I stopped my iri early cuz of feeling so crappy too. Could I have done more? Probably, but it took so much of me. We have to decide when to push or pull. Not easy.

I have been off chemo since last Sept and still look like a zombie (not my weight, but my face/eyes) and feel like one most days.

mariane

Postby mariane » Fri May 27, 2016 9:13 am

I am so sorry Midlifemom. We all know chemo sucks. But... I think we are still lucky because successful immunotherapy is so close. With all the money and recent success there is hope. More. It is real. Just a few more months.
mom of now 14 years old twins, dx @ 40 in 6/2015 with upper rectal cancer, 10+ liver mets, CEA 140
chemo: 8/2015 - 10/2016 - 4xFOLFIRINOX, 2xFOLFOX, 8xFOLFIRI, 10x5FU, HAI pump -12xFUDR
4 surgeries, complete pathological response
CEA<2 since 10/2015
NED since May 2016

I praise God for every day with my family!

Delinda2

Postby Delinda2 » Fri May 27, 2016 3:21 pm

Crossing my fingers for you my friend. You deserve a break. XXOXO, Delinda
63 yrs,wife & mom
4/14 dx colon cancer,3C,9/22 nodes
Lymphatic,venous,&perineural invasion
<1cm margin,poorly differentiated
6/14 colostomy take down
7/14 FOLFOX w/9 Nulasta shots
2/16 dx new primary of sigmoid colon
6/16 surgery-rescection on sigmoid, total hysterectomy, temp ileo, stage 4
"I AM the storm."

Jachut
Facebook Username: hutchinson@aanet.com.au

Postby Jachut » Fri May 27, 2016 4:48 pm

Enjoy feeling OK!

I actually felt pretty good through chemo, nothing more than some mild nausea the day I had it, I was certainly able to keep running and going to the gym. I even had this feeling of incredible well being during radiation - I guess the tumour had been sucking the life out of me without me even knowing it and once it began to respond and die off, I felt great!

And chemo and radiation all did their job on me.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”