Podcasts / Audiobooks of guided meditations / visualization techniques

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Colon King

Podcasts / Audiobooks of guided meditations / visualization techniques

Postby Colon King » Tue May 24, 2016 10:01 pm

Are there any resources out there for guided meditations and/or visualization techniques so that people can visualize and focus their minds on healing?
I'm not talking the flaky hippy-type stuff, I'm talking quality practical internal visualizations of what the body does on a regular basis and the power of the body to achieve full remission?
39 year old male, Canada.
Husband; father of 4.

5/16/16: 3cm x 4cm Intermediate Serrated Polyp found by fluke (elective colonoscopy)
5/20/16: CEA 1.7 (phew)
06/10/16: EMR complete
06/16/16: Biopsy result: Fragments of tubulovillous adenoma; negative for high grade dysplasia
09/08/16: Follow up Colonoscopy scheduled.

My blog: https://colonking.com

midlifemom

Re: Podcasts / Audiobooks of guided meditations / visualization techniques

Postby midlifemom » Wed May 25, 2016 6:57 pm

Check out a thread from Vilca dated March 30th, with subject Spontaneous Healing.
I did not check out the meditation she found helpful, but maybe it's somewhat what you're looking for. Tried putting the link below, not sure how successful that will be.
Good luck.
I'm just starting to explore guided meditation to help me sleep. Let me know if you like it.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54168&p=429885&hilit=Meditation+VilcA#p429885
Stage 3 cc - dx Jan '14 age 53, cea 2.9
t2n2m0, KRAS mutant, MSS
Folfox Feb - Aug '14
Nov '14 cea 27.7 -2 liver masses
Dec '14 left lobectomy and HAI
Jan '15 FUDR and FOLFIRI
Aug '15 fudr done, liver clear, add avastin for lungs. Cea 4.3
Feb '16 CEA rising
May '16 2 wk break then drop Iri for 6 weeks.
Jul '16 cancer grew, constricted main bile duct. Stent inserted. On break till jaundice clears. CEA climbing. Doing reduced Folfox. Allergic to Oxali.
Sep'16 chemo failed. Trial or hospice?

Nik Colon

Re: Podcasts / Audiobooks of guided meditations / visualization techniques

Postby Nik Colon » Wed May 25, 2016 8:34 pm

I was informed today of an app called "headspace". You get a free trial to keep, but if you want more there is a fee. There are other free ones that I seen, but none of any I have tried yet. You can look up "mindfulness" meditation and find more info. That's all I know. As mentioned, I haven't tried any yet. Best wishes.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”