This is insane!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
tdsamal
Facebook Username: malby.tammy

This is insane!

Postby tdsamal » Mon May 02, 2016 12:20 am

My last txt was the worst one yet. I couldn't even get out of bed except to use the bathroom. Nausea is so bad I just want to throw up but I can't. Headaches and muscle and joint pain are severe. Rectal pain is beyond what I can handle. Called the Dr. and said I won't do any more until they can figure out why I have such pain in my rectum. He tells me to take Miralax daily. I already have diarrhea so why would I take Miralax? I'm suppose to have a txt tomorrow and I'm petrified. I only have 2 more txt before they will let me take a break, but I don't know if I can do it. :cry: I don't want to give up but I think I've met my limit! Maybe I'll feel better about it in the morning.
Tammy
Dx st IV CC & colon resection 11/09
Way to much to list
Last recurrence December 2017

Bev G
Facebook Username: Bev Golde

Re: This is insane!

Postby Bev G » Mon May 02, 2016 12:37 am

Tammy, I know you are stronger than even you know. Try to do it tomorrow. If it is simply to much, sit it out for this session. It is very unlikely to create a problem. Do you have a sitz bath? I've read here that Amazon has one that has worked great for many. I'm sorry I don't remember the name, butt hopefully that might provide some relief. I'm so sorry you're hurting. Try to hang in there...wish I could take one of these rounds for you.

Love,

Bev
58 yo Type1 DM 48 years
12/09 Stage IV 2/22 nodes + liver met, colon resec
3 tx FOLFIRI, liver resec 4/10
9/10 6 mos off chemo, Neg PET&CTC CEA nl
2/11 finished total 10 rounds chemo

9/13 ^17th clean PET/CT NED for now

ANDRETEXAS

Postby ANDRETEXAS » Mon May 02, 2016 2:40 am

Tammy - I take Kaopectate for diarrhea. To me, it's a wonder drug, but I don't know if it's right for you. All I know, is that you were one of the first members to welcome me to the Colon Club over two years ago, and I have never forgotten it. You made me feel at ease and willing to face the battle head on. Of course, I would never compare your situation to mine, but I hope you can find the strength and determination to see your plan through. Through a heart attack and two bouts of cancer (prostate and colon) in the last six years, I have had some bad times, but because of people like you, I found the strength to keep a positive attitude and move forward. I am praying for you and hoping your situation improves quickly. I hope I can give you some of the encouragement you gave to me two years ago...Andre
2/10/14 - Colon resect
2/13 - DX- Stage IIIb
6 of 18 lymph nodes cancerous
3/7 - Port placed
3/11 - FOLFOX (12 rds w/full oxi)
8/14 - Chemo finish
8/25 - CT- Inc
9/5 - clean PET
12/10- clean CT

3/2/15 - Clean colonoscopy & port removed
3/4 - clean CT
9/21- clean CT

3/23/16 - clean CT

2/22/17- clean CT

3/21/18 - clean CT
4/1 - clean colonoscopy

3/11/19 - clean CT
9/23 - Five-year release - Annual visits now !

4/13/23 - clean colonoscopy

ONE DAY AT A TIME !

tammylayne

Postby tammylayne » Mon May 02, 2016 8:29 pm

Hey Tammy....first of all....((((((HUG))))))......next, have you looked into some out of the box thinking like reiki or acupuncture to help with some of the symptoms? When my husband was going through some terrible nerve pain issues a few years back we were desperate to find him some relief....so as a non believer he went to have acupuncture, and has been a believer ever since for many different issues. Many people have had great results for cancer related issues. I know others that found relief with reiki treatments.

Taking a break might also be in order...at least an extra week to allow your body to recover. Are you hydrating enough? We all know how terrible things can become and quickly if you are dehydrated. Perhaps different meds are needed? A second opinion from a different oncologist?

Just trying to put some ideas out there... thinking of you, and......another (((((((((HUG))))))))))
51 F
'06 Stage 1 CC,
'10 Stage 3 Rectal

"You never know how strong you are until you have to become your own hero."

teachpdx

Postby teachpdx » Tue May 03, 2016 3:25 pm

Tammy I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time. Seems like you got pain everywhere. I hope you're making use of all your drugs. After treatment I now get non-aura migraines and they gave me Sumatriptan Succinate and it's the only thing that works, even over oxi. I hope you find some peace,

Kristi
4/24/12 RC T3N1M0 age 53
5/23-7/2 - 26 chemorad - Xeloda
7/16 Lynch- MSH2
8/28 LAR w/ temp ileo, CR, 0/11,M0, hysterectomy
10/13 6 cycles Xeloda - completed only 1 1/2 due to HFS
3/12/13 - reversal
8/13 NED
6/15 - HFS gone!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”