A LONG DISTANCE CALL FROM ENGLAND

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
NICK

A LONG DISTANCE CALL FROM ENGLAND

Postby NICK » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:31 am

HI GUYS, MY NAME IS NICK, IM 31 YEARS OLD AND HAVE JUST STARTED MY CHEMO FOR STAGE III, RECTAL CANCER. I JUST HAPPENED TO STUMBLE ACROSS YOUR WEBSITE WHILST BROWSING THE NET, AND I MUST SAY ITS FABULOUS. SO GOOD TO HEAR SUCH POSITIVE NEWS ON HEAR. ALSO ITS THE FIRST PAGE IVE COME ACROSS WITH GUYS AND GALS MY AGE. I WOULD LOVE TO SIGN UP, IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A MAN LIKE ME LIVING IN ENGLAND TO JOIN YOU. HANDS ACROSS THE SEA??? :roll:

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:54 am

Hi Nick. Welcome.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:58 am

That sounded Twelve Steppy, didn't it? Well, welcome anyway. This is not Colon Cancer Annonymous. It's just plain Colon Club. I've got Stage IIIC colon cancer. At least I DID. I think maybe it's gone now. Seven cycles of chemo may well have chased it away.

NICK

HANDLING CHEMO

Postby NICK » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:16 am

THANKS FOR THE REPLY MAGNOLIA, IM JUST ON MY 2ND CYCLE, ANY TIPS YOU MAY HAVE FOR ME TO HELP ME ALONG??? IM HAVING THE INFUSION DRIP ON A WEDNESDAY FOLLOWED BY 2 WEEKS OF TABLETS AND THEN A WEEK OFF. SIDE EFFECT WISE, I CAN'T GO NEAR ANYTHING COLD FOR A GOOD FEW DAYS AND ALSO GETTING A FEW PINS AND NEEDLES. CHEERS NICK

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:39 am

Sounds like your treatment's a little different from mine. I don't get the tablets. I stay away from cold stuff. That effect was lasting about 10 days, but I had to have my dose reduced because of low blood counts. Now the tingles last only 5 or 6 days. That was the first side effect I felt, and I was actually happy when it happened. It made feel the chemo was real and it was working. Now I'm tired of it. But I'm still glad to have it. Chemo is my friend.

Take it easy. Eat well. Exercise when you can. Rest when you need to. Stay away from germs. Avoids cuts and scrapes. Do what your doctors say. And hang in there.

Mali

hi nick

Postby Mali » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:01 pm

i'm in birmingham. mum's is 70 and she suffers with cc that is spreading over her body. welcome to this club. it has been invaluable to me and helps a hell of a lot with the research.

power to you and your fight.

mali

Dana

Hi Nick

Postby Dana » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:10 pm

Hello Nick,

Welcome to another brit. Up to now it's Mali and me (even if living in Italy now, I'm a brit deep inside).
I was born in the UK and grew up in London. My father is italian and my mum was irish.
I joined this club during my mum's illness (stage IV cc) and she passed away last feb. It was just too late for her.
Where are you in the UK? My aunt in London had cc stage 1 and went to Royal Marsden Hospital. She's cancer free now.
This is a great club. Everyone cares. You will never feel alone. So welcome and as Mali said POWER TO YOU AND YOUR FIGHT!

Ciao
Dana

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”