Likelihood of Colon Cancer Recurrence

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
O Stoma Mia

Re: Likelihood of Colon Cancer Recurrence

Postby O Stoma Mia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:40 am

I never had a recurrence, but my surgeon told me that if I were to have one, it would probably occur in the first two years after surgery...
Last edited by O Stoma Mia on Fri May 18, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thetoad

Re: Likelihood of Colon Cancer Recurrence

Postby Thetoad » Fri May 18, 2018 6:23 pm

Thetoad wrote:I typed in 'recurrence statistics for colon cancer after two years' and found a few articles. Some do mention two years and 'the chances reduce dramatically after two years' etc. But I'm trying to avoid looking things up as I've found it a bit unsettling at times! I will be at two years and five months this coming Wednesday. All good so far.

Now at four years, six months and six days. Recent CEA 1.8. Nurse is pleased and I am hopeful. The start was emergency surgery for a complete blockage and the surgeon's comment of, 'one more night and we could have lost you. The worst I've ever seen' I'm writing this to encourage anyone who is feeling a bit lost. Best wishes.
Emergency extended rt hemi November 2013.
Complete blockage, small perforation.
Stage 2a.
T3N0M0
22 Lymph nodes clear.
No bag.

Yearly appts appts and 6 monthly CEA tests.
Incisional hernia repair, mesh Nov. 2014.
Cellulitus
CEA 1.4 on 28/7/17
27/5/17. Gallbladder removed, open.
Good consultation Feb. 2017
CEA 1.7 on 16/11/17 colonoscopy ok Jan. 2018 :)
Nurse pleased, March 2018. CEA 1.8. One more CEA test and hopefully last appt in November, 2018.
Prostate cancer, Gleason 7 (3+4) Sept. '18.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”