Immunotherapy clinical trial

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
JAZZToo

Immunotherapy clinical trial

Postby JAZZToo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:30 am

I will be starting a clinical trial next week of Mogamulizumab and either Tremelimumab or MEDI4736 immunotherapy to see if it will encourage immune system to recognize and destroy cancer cells. Have any of you been on this protocol, and if so, what were the side effects, and response to treatment? I have pancreatic cancer stage 4, but many participants in this trial have colon cancer.

In November I had a liver met embolization that hopefully would have shrunk it, so it would take several months to a year to grow back. Well, my liver met didn't get with the program and a CAT scan 2 months later showed continued growth.

I would appreciate input from anyone who has been thru or is currently in an immunotherapy clinical trial.

Thanks
Leslie
2014. Pancreatic Cancer
2003. Colon Cancer
1995. Endometrial Cancer
Lynch Syndrome

Felicitym23
Facebook Username: Felicity Malyszko

Re: Immunotherapy clinical trial

Postby Felicitym23 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:05 pm

I am on Vectibux immuntherapy for Stage 4 colon cancer with Mets to stomach and neck.

After just 3 sessions with my Chemo - My PET scans and CT scans came back clear of cancer. NED.

I can't speak highly enough of immuntherapy. I know I am not out of the woods yet. I am still on chemo and the Vectibux.

But on my good days. I feel normal and the wellness I had before having cancer.

Good luck.
47yrs and mother to a 12 year child with autism
Cancer confirmed 9/23/15
Ext right hemicolectomy 10/13/15
35 Lymph nodes & 6 cancer told Stage 3C.
Nov 15 Oxy, Leucovorin, Flurourcil
CT and PET Scan told that cancer was now in abdo & neck lymph nodes.
STAGE 4 told two days before Christmas 2015.
Oxy, Leucovorin, Flurourcil & Panitumumab
MARCH 2016 NED - currently in remission. Stage 4.
After 3 sessions of Vectibux.
PET & CT SCAN July 16 - Still NED but still on chemo and Vectibix.

MsOgden

Re: Immunotherapy clinical trial

Postby MsOgden » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:19 pm

Hi, Leslie.

I'm currently in an immunotherapy trial for nivolumab. It's also known as Opdivo. I started the trial in January and had my second scan Monday. It showed I no longer have any signs of metastatic disease. My side effects haven't been bad at all. I've had some fatigue, but I'm not sure if it's a side effect from the treatment or my lifestyle. I drive six hours roundtrip once every two weeks for treatment and am working full-time. I've never had any other type of cancer treatment so I can't compare the experiences. After my first treatment, I had a little burst of energy. I have gotten sick a couple of times, but the trial doc isn't sure the treatment caused the symptoms. The times I've been sick I've recovered quickly.

If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to answer anything that I can. I hope you have a great response to the treatment and that you're working with an awesome medical team.
12/15/14 Tumor found because of intussusception
12/19/14 Right hemicolectomy
NED (No chemo, no radiation)
MSI-HIGH
MLH1 Hypermethylation
8/15/15 Clear colonoscopy
10/26/15 H. pylori infection
11/6/15 Liver lesion, enlarged lymph nodes around aorta in abdomen
11/19/15 Stage IV colon cancer dx
1/16 Started clinical trial

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”