son was diagnosed at 24

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
DONNA N.

son was diagnosed at 24

Postby DONNA N. » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:51 pm

IM NEW TO THIS SITE BUT I WANTED TO SHARE MY SONS DIAGNOSIS AT 24 YEARS OF AGE, HE WAS STAGE 3 , HAD 6 INCHES COLON REMOVED AND HAD 6 MONTHS 5 FU,LEV, AND OXIPLATIN AND BROUGHT PUMP HOME FOR 2 DAYS HE IS NOW 26 AND IS HAVING ALOT OF TROUBLE WITH HIS KIDNEYS AND KIDNEY STONES ,NOT SURE IF IT WAS CAUSED FROM CHEMO BUT HE IS HAVING A TERRIBLE TIME AND HAS NO INSURANCE AND HAS A WIFE AND 3 KIDS AND ONE DUE ANYTIME. :D .HE IS FIGHTING WITH ALL HE HAS AND A LOT OF SUPPORT FROM FAMILY ,FRIENDS AND COWORKERS. SO FOR EVERYONE HERE KEEP FIGHTING! WE WILL WIN THE WAR ON THIS TERRIBLE DISEASE! IF ANYONE WANTS TO EMAIL ME WITH QUESTIONS FEEL FREE . THIS WEBSITE IS WONDERFUL! KEEPS MY HOPE AND SPIRITS UP!

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:44 pm

God Bless you! We'll pray for and anything we can do, let us know......we're also lobbying hard for ins. coverage.... :(

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:37 am

Donna,

Welcome to the Colon Club!

Please know that you are in my prayers! Please give your son a big hug for me. Through this forum, I hope that you and your son will find strength, hope and inspiration. I am so sorry that your son does not currently have insurance but know that there are many resources available to help off set the costs that your son may incur. Such resources are for medical and prescription costs. For specific questions, please do email me and I will help guide you. To your son, keep kicking a little cancer a#$! You must be proactive in the management of your health! This disease is treatable, preventable and beatable!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”