Erbitux - Anyone try it?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
mtsko

Erbitux - Anyone try it?

Postby mtsko » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:44 pm

Aloha!
I just got my latest scans, and after trying 6 different treatments, Erbitux and Oxliplatin SHRUNK the tumor! My dr said they have been seeing wonderful result w/ Erbitux. This is the only treatment that actually shrunk the tumor! Was wondering if there are more GOOD STORIES about Erbitux out there?
find the humor!

rthornton

regarding Erbitux

Postby rthornton » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:44 pm

I have a love/hate relationship with Erbitux. I was diagnosed stage four last May and after using 5FU/Avastin/Oxaliplatin, I went into remission. I started an Erbitux/Avastin combo in January as a maintenance regimen. In April, I stopped the Erbitux because I hated the rash (which I still have) and I thought that I might be safe since I was still in remission, and had been since last September. So, I've been using Avastin as a single agent since mid-April and found out last week that I have a recurrence in my liver. I can't help but to wonder if I'd still be in remission if I'd stayed on Erbitux. Impossible to say ... but it's interesting that cancer came back after stopping that drug.

Rodney

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”