Just to vent!!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Petit83

Just to vent!!

Postby Petit83 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:03 pm

My mom is getting ready to go to hospice after radiation to her brain. These weeks have been the most difficult of our cancer journey and all what my husband family thinks is going Disneyworld. Yes, because of some of my husbands perk is free entrance to the park, we have had people coming from all over to stay at our apartment as a it was like a hotel almost every week. And my husband having to take them before going to work.
I'm at my parents house while he is in FL, unable to be flexible to come and strengthen me in this diffculy times.
Have I heard from anyone of his family? Not, not a single txt message of support. I got so mad at my husband as well!! People are so unsensitive!! Instead,there was a group message asking if they will be able to go to the parks since my husband was going to be working and I was going to be at my parents. $$&&@@***!!!! Sorry, I just need it to vent!! That's all.
Mom 62 dx IV - 10/13 multiple liver mets
Folfox + Avastin 12 cycles 06/14- tumors dead/ shrinkage!
5fu+ Avastin 2 rounds 08/14 - 09/14 - one single tumor growth
Folfiri 09/14
10/14 HAI pump- Tumors Shrinking
03/15 brain surgery 1 met SRS
11/15 brain scan clear after 2nd SRS. Liver mets shirnking
02/16 5 new brain mets. Liver growth

midlifemom

Re: Just to vent!!

Postby midlifemom » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:18 pm

Vent away.
Have you told your husband how you feel?
You are entitled to support.
Stage 3 cc - dx Jan '14 age 53, cea 2.9
t2n2m0, KRAS mutant, MSS
Folfox Feb - Aug '14
Nov '14 cea 27.7 -2 liver masses
Dec '14 left lobectomy and HAI
Jan '15 FUDR and FOLFIRI
Aug '15 fudr done, liver clear, add avastin for lungs. Cea 4.3
Feb '16 CEA rising
May '16 2 wk break then drop Iri for 6 weeks.
Jul '16 cancer grew, constricted main bile duct. Stent inserted. On break till jaundice clears. CEA climbing. Doing reduced Folfox. Allergic to Oxali.
Sep'16 chemo failed. Trial or hospice?

zx10guy

Postby zx10guy » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:33 pm

Sorry you're going through this. I can identify with what you're going through. My wife has been so absorbed with our daughter; our first child. At times, she's been downright mean to me last year. It got so bad....I let things go into a bad place with me. I ended up skipping my 6 months follow up last year. I wondered if my wife would even notice. She didn't. Never once asked if I had gone to my checkup or if it was coming up. She only asked when the 1 year mark was coming up since my last one.

At the same time, my mother was getting on my case about not being fully available to help her out with her on taking care of her financial matters. At that point I was a bomb ready to explode, and I did. Told her I have bigger issues to deal with than to be at the ready to deal with her anxiety about if her stocks were taking a short term dip. She realized I was hinting at something and kept pressing me about what was going on. She asked if my health situation was ok. I said I don't know. Then she finally got interested in what what going on in my life. She kept pestering me for 3 days straight until I finally made an appointment to have my 1 year checkup.

My brother has also been MIA. He did show up for a Christmas gathering in December. But since then, nothing. I sent him a couple of text messages knowing I would never get a return call if I left a voice mail. Nothing. I understand he's busy with his life and family but seriously? I hardly ever bug him. I wanted to ask him some questions about CEA testing since he is a PA.

I really feel people only care about me when they need something from me. At times I feel like either a financial/IT consultant, or a bank to pay bills. Nothing more.

Sorry about the hijack. But wanted to let you know, I can identify with your situation.

Delinda2

Postby Delinda2 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:42 pm

So sorry that both of you are being treated so poorly. Everyone deserves support, especially when dealing with this miserable disease! When it feels overwhelming come here to let your brothers & sisters wrap you in loving care. Perhaps take a risk and confide in someone outside the family - many people are willing to help, but if they don't know you need it they tend to give you space. But please, NEVER skip an appointment because your feelings are hurt. Your life is too important! I would love to call, write, or text to nag you until you get the next one due. We are here for both of you. XXOXO, Delinda
63 yrs,wife & mom
4/14 dx colon cancer,3C,9/22 nodes
Lymphatic,venous,&perineural invasion
<1cm margin,poorly differentiated
6/14 colostomy take down
7/14 FOLFOX w/9 Nulasta shots
2/16 dx new primary of sigmoid colon
6/16 surgery-rescection on sigmoid, total hysterectomy, temp ileo, stage 4
"I AM the storm."

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”