Is there anything left that can be done for Mum - I am numb

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Mali

Is there anything left that can be done for Mum - I am numb

Postby Mali » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:28 am

Numb and resigned. i don't have much energy to write so forgive the brevity. i have rods out from my wrist tomorrow and hope i'll start to regain strength from there on.

Yes, numb and resigned. i'd just posted my first message in a while here 3 days ago and was full of hope for a new technique. microwaving tumours, this is not rfa but new. see my previous note for more.

then, cruelly, the day after i wrote the note my mum got the results from her latest cat scan. the cancer has spread...to her lungs. she has spots all over them. all hope of the new technique has died, unless her consultant oncologist can come up with a miracle. when the cancers were confined to the breast and liver it was possible to feel optimistic for a longer future for Mum. but now it's in the lungs i am resigned to her very nearly being lost to us.

does anyone know of anyone who has been helped when colorectal liver mets have spread to lungs? i have a feeling Andrea has it in her lungs too but for now i have no more energy. i shall do more research in a few days when this hated discomfort settles in my broken wrist.

with love
mali

Rochelle

Chemotherapy regimen

Postby Rochelle » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:16 pm

Hi Mali
I am Stage IV which started with mets to the lungs, aside from the abdomen, lymph nodes, a small amount in the spine, liver and colon. To make a long story short, one year into my treatment with 5-FU, Leucovorin, and Avastin (Folfox 4), the lung metastasis cleared.

Rochelle

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”