Ultrasound Spleen concerns...

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
duveduve

Ultrasound Spleen concerns...

Postby duveduve » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:09 pm

I'm still on my search for a diagnosis. I have some odd labs, negative colonoscopy/upper endoscopy, ct scan showed areas of fatty infiltration and lymph enlargement in my colon, symptoms are many but primarily abdominal pain, flank pain, bloating, weight gain, chronic diarrhea upon eating anything, flushing, heart palpitations, chest pain, coughing...

I just had an abdominal ultrasound and this was the only thing of note:

"non specific small areas of increased echogenicity seen in spleen. Could represent calcifications or hemangiomas"

Any ideas if this could indicate anything to help my physician into the right direction? Oddly... for a couple years, I do get very random intense bouts of nauseating pain from under my left rib cage...

Travelgirl
Facebook Username: Jac gar

Re: Ultrasound Spleen concerns...

Postby Travelgirl » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Well I saw you posted this awhile ago. Wondering if the doctor ever figured out what was wrong?
I can say my spleen has a tiny spot to watch and they found swolen lynph nodes in my chest. It turns out to follicular lymphoma. It was only diagnosed with a ct. guided biopsy of the lymph node. I also had tummy issues acid reflex chest pains. But I also was diagnosed with h-pylori.

You may have none of what I have cause so many symptoms mimic each other.

Best of luck.
Travel Girl
53/F
DX-CC 12/19/15
Tumor location Cecum
Tumor Type -Adenocarcinoma arising background sessile serrated polyp high grade dysplasia
Tumor size 1.5 cm
TNM - T1, N0, M0
Stage 1
Baseline 12/15 CEA 2.4, 8/16 CEA 1.7,11/15 CEA 2.3
Surgical Margins Clear
Lynch - Neg
Primary Surgery 1/11/16 LAR right colon and portion of ileum right hemicolectomy
1/4 follicular lymphoma- Wait n Watch (found in CT scan for Colon cancer) a 2 for 1 special.
8/16/16 NED for Colon/Lymphoma nodes have shrunk on their own.

duveduve

Postby duveduve » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 am

I have yet to have anyone look into it. I have an appointment with Dr. Dillon at the University of Iowa in May and he is an Endocrinologist with a specialty in neuroendocrinology. I lot of my symptoms match pheochromocytoma or carcinoma.

I might send a message to my regular physician's office to see if he can investigate my spleen further.

I think my weight gain/bloated/puffiness may be some sort of lymphoma. It's really hard to get anyone to listen.

dianetavegia
Facebook Username: Diane Weldy Tavegia

Postby dianetavegia » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:00 am

Gallbladder 'sludge' doesn't show on ultrasounds and can cause those symptoms.
Stage III cc surgery 1/7/09. 12 tx FOLFOX
Stage IV PET = 1.5cm liver met. HR 4/11/12

14 years since dx and 11 years post liver resection.
Pronounced CURED and discharged by onc

“O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.” Psalms 30:2

duveduve

Postby duveduve » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:28 pm

I had a gallbladder scan (forgot the name of it) a couple of years ago and there was nothing at all abnormal with my gallbladder function.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”