All treatments stopped..... Now a pill called Lonsurf is here?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Jason43

All treatments stopped..... Now a pill called Lonsurf is here?

Postby Jason43 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:21 pm

I have not had a round of chemo since nov 5 2015. My tumors continued to spread so I chose to stop treatment or should I say agreed with my oncologist. I have always wanted QOL from day 1 2 years and 2 months ago. I had a long road as I was initially diagnosed at stage 4 right from the start. I've had liver resection , lung resection, tumors removed from colon chemo and other operations since Nov 2013. Fast forward and it's now overwhelming. I'm so tired every day. I try so hard to be normal again but I can't. I'm on many pain meds and really continue with pains in my liver daily. Some days I sleep 12-16 hours only to sleep again within hours of waking up. I've basically made a extremely tough decision to try live as far as I can without the chemo. My onc however told me about a pill called Lonsurf. I'm meeting with her on the 18th to discuss. I don't get labs anymore. I don't get chemo. But I have this weird feeling, like a dream I want to believe so bad that I'm going to be ok. With tumors in my liver lungs and colon I don't know how but I do believe. I don't want to die, im sure nobody does however I can't seem to live with chemo that isn't working. Can anyone give me any info on Lonsurf? Thanks so much. I've recently started a juicing regimen and every day I awake I tell myself I don't have cancer and I'm going to get married to my fiancé and try to be the best Dad I can be to my 9 year old son. I believe in God and with his help and my faith. I'm going to somehow be ok.
Stage 4
Many spots on liver 11/19/13
Unable to resect liver
Tumor removed 11/26/13
Liver resection 11/7/14
Lung resection 1/10/15
New tumors on liver already after 1st scan after surgeries.
Back on chemo 2/4/15
CEA from 1.7 to 37.2 8/10/2015
CEA 22.5 but have quadrupled in my lungs
Went through every chemo
I fought the fight. Gods hands now. Or Trials?

BIGC4ME

Re: All treatments stopped..... Now a pill called Lonsurf is here?

Postby BIGC4ME » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:40 pm

Two words LANCE ARMSTRONG

Never give up and always believe anything can and will happen

Dana123

Postby Dana123 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:53 am

Jason--So sorry about your struggle. Join colontown (colontown.org) and follow the process to get access to their general and Blue Hope Clinic facebook pages. There you will find people with information about Lonsurf and who are taking it, as well as clinical trials. In the meantime, here is some information on it.

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm463650.htm and https://www.taihooncology.com/us/newsroom/press-releases/Taiho-Oncology-Inc-Announces-FDA-Approval-of-LONSURF-for-Refractory-Metastatic-Colorectal-Cancer
48 yo DH diagnosed/resection (rectosigmoid at 18 cm), 8/15
IIIB--T3, N2a (6/24), moderately differentiated, genetic testing--negative for mutations
CEA pre-surgery 3.5
FOLFOX began 8/15
Oxaliplatin dosage reduced at Round 8 due to WBC issue, began Neulasta for that
Oxaliplatin ended at Round 9 due to persistent neuropathy

stu

Postby stu » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:37 pm

Hi Jason.
Good to see you posting. Thanks for updating. I hope this treatment works for you.
Think of you often.
Take care
Stu
supporter to my mum who lives a great life despite a difficult diagnosis
stage4 2009 significant spread to liver
2010 colon /liver resection
chemo following recurrence
73% of liver removed
enjoying life treatment free
2016 lung resection
Oct 2017 nice clear scan . Two lung nodules disappeared
Oct 2018. Another clear scan .

midlifemom

Postby midlifemom » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:31 pm

Lonsurf, like other treatment, seems to cause side effects that Xilonix addresses.
I'm guessing the answer is a big NO, but can folks be on lonsurf and xilonix simultaneously?
Stage 3 cc - dx Jan '14 age 53, cea 2.9
t2n2m0, KRAS mutant, MSS
Folfox Feb - Aug '14
Nov '14 cea 27.7 -2 liver masses
Dec '14 left lobectomy and HAI
Jan '15 FUDR and FOLFIRI
Aug '15 fudr done, liver clear, add avastin for lungs. Cea 4.3
Feb '16 CEA rising
May '16 2 wk break then drop Iri for 6 weeks.
Jul '16 cancer grew, constricted main bile duct. Stent inserted. On break till jaundice clears. CEA climbing. Doing reduced Folfox. Allergic to Oxali.
Sep'16 chemo failed. Trial or hospice?

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”