Hi from Mali

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Mali

Hi from Mali

Postby Mali » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:11 am

Hi all,
sorry not been in touch. very ill, broken wrist and metal rods holding bone together. find being at computer exhausting. must keep this brief.

mum still here and fighting. has had first 2 cycles of xeloda. liver mets have growm some more but blood markers are in control.

new treatment being talked about in uk. take note***I do not know if suitable for colorectal liver mets or primary liver cancer only. have contacted consultant and waiting for reply. Think it is trial and treats tumours by inserting probe and microwaving tumours fron inside out. this is not rfa but a new treatment. trial at Leicester University Hospital. am in the middle of enquiring if mum a suitable candidate.

once i know if this is viable for colorectal liver mets i will give you an update. if you want to see article yourself go to http://www.uhl-tr.nhs.uk and then into search field type Maureen Horney. you will see press release dated 28/06/2006 with heading 'Life Saving Treatment.'

dana, i sad to read that sometimes you feel like you intrude coming to this site. i sometimes am concerned about coming here too, because i am not the patient, but i believe everybody here would strongly tell us not to be so silly!!!

i love you all, every one that comes here. you are my support network and friends.

mali

Mali

more info on new procedure

Postby Mali » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:02 am

yes, this is only for patients with liver metastases from colorectal carcinoma. as per the research registrar at leicester royal infirmary.

gotta go
mali

Andrea

Postby Andrea » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:58 am

Hi Mali,
Sorry to hear about your injury. Thank you for the new info. I'm doing well. It never ever crossed my mind to think people without colon cancer are intruding on this message board. I think it is great when friends and family get involved and provide support. When we aren't strong enough we need to be able to rely on others to provide support.
Trust In God,
Andrea

Mali

good to hear you andrea

Postby Mali » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:06 am

thanks for your message, it's good to hear you. when i have my metal rods/wires out of my wrist tomorrow i'm hoping i'll have more energy for the pc. then i shall catch up with my colon club reading.

mali

NICK THE BRIT

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:52 am

Hello Mali, thanks for the reply and i sincerely hope things pull round for the better for you and mom. cheers Nick

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”