O/T In The Spirit Of The Season

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
bitchslapped

O/T In The Spirit Of The Season

Postby bitchslapped » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:44 pm

Hey Colon Clubbers - Let's try to keep this lighthearted, being the colorful bunch we can be. Not trying to get anything started here, but can't help posting this (just my sense of humor or shall I say...:shock: ).

You'll get the big picture of the true meaning of Christmas if you click the link & before exiting, then click "full screen."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35070762#_=_

We're not supposed to judge, so JMO, this is obscene.

If this is how any of your living rooms look like, I want to come to your house! :mrgreen:
It's very possible I am a bit of a Scrooge :? :P
BS
DSS,35YO,unresect mCRC DX 7/'14,lvr,LN,peri,rib
FOLFOX+Avstn 4 Rnds d/c 10/'14
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14
Gone From My Sight 2/20/15
Me:garden variety polyps + precancerous polyp, diverticulitis
Carergver x2 DH,DM dbl occupancy,'03-'10
DH dx 47YO mCRC,'04-'07, lvr, billiary tree fried x HAI
DM dx CC 85YO,CC,CHF,stroke,dementia,aphasia

CRguy

Re: O/T In The Spirit Of The Season

Postby CRguy » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:59 pm

Ewwww .... just Ewwwwww
...conspicuous consumption BeeAtch, enjoy your 15 minutes of fame while children starve.
maybe the boxes are all empty ??? :shock: NOT :!:
We're not supposed to judge, so JMO, this is obscene.

As a Mod I get bitchslapped if I gets meseff 2 far into DA vibes !!!!
SO, may
I just say

GKLJKPOUFD@%*(*^bsvwt2h9^$#@@56r ....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
AND as a Canuck .. we are Really REALLY polite .... GKLJKPOUFD@%*(*^bsvwt2h9^$#@@56r... WTF MoFo ????
YEAH you gots dat !

JMO :!:
just ME :?:

Cheers all .... :mrgreen:
CR
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

justin case

Postby justin case » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:17 am

Damn, that takes up more space than my toilet paper stash :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock:
7/11 diagnosed Stage 2 colon and rectal cancer
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
21 round of chemo Folfox 9tx, 5fu 12 tx
Last treatment July 2012

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:06 pm

ha

We have a tree. It's not decorated yet, butt may be today. Usually wait until Christmas Eve to wrap presents.
However, we're going to have lots of Christmas Cookies. :mrgreen:

Since I do tend to be a judgmental b*tch, it does seem strange that someone would want to post that on social media. :roll:
anonymous
female, diagnosed Jan 14, RC stage 2a, age 56
MSS
April 14, 28 chemo/rad with Xeloda
June 14 adjuvant Xeloda 6 rounds
currently NED

stu

Postby stu » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:13 pm

Please tell me it was not the Scottish arm of the bbc!!! Might give my kids ideas. Now being a true Scott we just would not go there....we keep them in the attic till Christmas eve. You just never know who is around ready to steal. :lol:
supporter to my mum who lives a great life despite a difficult diagnosis
stage4 2009 significant spread to liver
2010 colon /liver resection
chemo following recurrence
73% of liver removed
enjoying life treatment free
2016 lung resection
Oct 2017 nice clear scan . Two lung nodules disappeared
Oct 2018. Another clear scan .

Frenchie's Wife

Postby Frenchie's Wife » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Our family is at the other extreme. We don't give each other anything at all. We decided years ago that we had everything we needed. We did not need more clutter in the house, no matter how well intended. We pick a different needy family every year and give them a Christmas to remember. Everybody wins !
Caregiver to DH 59 yr, male, Stage IV at Dx
Dx Sept 2009
Liver,bladder mets, 5 surgeries
Lots of chemo
Inoperable lung mets nov 2013
Stopped all treatments in February 2014 due to QOL issues
I am in God's hands now !!
Feb 2015 - too many new mets to count !
At peace July 9, 2017

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:15 pm

That is a great idea Frenchie.
Good to hear from you buddy.

Best wishes
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

vilca11
Location: Moscow, Russia; Baltimore, USA 1992; Vilcabamba, Ecuador 2012

Postby vilca11 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:42 pm

I second the obscene part... I generally think that people doing that sort of things have some serious mental problems... And they have no idea how little their kids will value all the good things in life that will be happening during their life journey... Well, I am a minimalist when it comes to clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc - I get kinda nervous if I have more than 2-3 pairs of shoes, or more than a very few things to wear... And I hate shopping for anything, but kitchen technical things, pots, pans, silvers, plates and household items/antique furniture, handmade Persian rugs, old or handmade lamps, icons, etc... and yes, including robes, slippers and pajamas - I am a sofa potatoe :lol: .... That is not good either, of course. But I get truly happy when I get a small but useful thing as a present, even if it is used... Like recently, my friend Kathy who I lived with in Baltimore, gave me her old t-shirts and sweatshirt - I never had these things, I was so very happy - it is cold in Balto and NY! Then her daughter gave me her old jeans - I lost so much weight, that 2 pairs of jeans I had are twice bigger now on me - I absolutely loved these jeans she gave me...

Do not get me wrong - Kathy also gave me a priceless true turquoise necklace and other very nice jewelry - it is not even presents, it is just giving something what makes other person happy without much ado or scheduled "presents" day, like Christmas... I have already a fantastic amber necklace from a very close friend who died of breast cancer, a white gold ring with amber matching it from another friend, a precious silver small icons with amazing Russian work on it, made like pendants - all baptized in Russian Othodox Church in Moscow - and a silver ring, from the same person and same Church, with the Blessing... I also have blackened silver (Russian technique) bracelet and earrings from the same person...

All the above is a very expensive stuff, but I am equally happy about the old jeans and any of that jewelry items that were given to me to protect me... Well, we believe in the protection power that stones and some other things have.... Anyway, I just do not understand why to shop for a year for a cheap sh%%%t, when you can buy for this money something truly memorable, significant, of a great quality, without subjecting yourself to such a time wasting... I think, that's what people do when they have nothing else to fill their life with...That perhaps gives them a sense of being useful and caring... What a shame... we have only one life and that is what people spend it on... not speaking of the "benefits" for their children... Gosh... And yes, so very happy to hear from our Frenchie!!!!!
11/2005 CC stage 1, F,50yo@dx
Mod dif adenocar, MSS, APC, TP53, CEAs1.6-4.8
1/12 1met liver@Vena Cava, RFA, 3oxi,11 5FU
8/13 2 mets same place,SBRT
4/14 2 Xeliri+Avastin
5/14 Nano Knife liver same 2 mets
6/14 2 Xeliri, ADAPT
4/15 PET, 2 same mets,Cryo Liver
5/15 MJ Oil, Herbs, Suppl, ADAPT
10/15 PET, same area, doubled in size, high SUV
10/15 RH, HAI, visceral involv., no LN
2/16 red FF, 50% red dose FUDR, CEA trends up
3/16 CT, PET, MRI L.Lobe all in small tumors
4/16 No acceptable options, going home

KElizabeth
Facebook Username: KElizabeth

Postby KElizabeth » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:25 pm

justin case wrote:Damn, that takes up more space than my toilet paper stash :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock:

That might be the funniest one liner I have ever read!
Seriously almost spit my drink out my nose!
Female age 39- ,2 teens.
Colon Cancer - DX March 2013
Age 34 at DX - Stage III B
Resection surgery -May 2013
FOLFOX - June, 2013 to Sept, 2013
5FU plus leukavorin Sept, 2013 to Dec, 2013
METs liver and lungs discovered Sept, 2015
KRAS - MSS
FOLFIRI plus Avastin - Sept, 2015 - July 2017
Durvalumab and Cediranib Sept 2017 Dec 17
FOLFOX with desensitization protocol - current

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:10 pm

KElizabeth wrote:
justin case wrote:Damn, that takes up more space than my toilet paper stash :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock:

That might be the funniest one liner I have ever read!
Seriously almost spit my drink out my nose!

Ditto :D . My DH wanted to know what I was laughing about.

And I thought 20 presents (for 4 people) was over the top. Frenchie, I like your idea. My kids are still broke enough that Christmas is when we can get them things they really really still NEED.

Happy Holidays to all,

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:33 pm

Bro Nut's house is a fire hazard :lol:

I'd fold up all that wrapping paper & use it for butt wipe. Plenty of $ in that alone. You shoppers out there keep the global economy going, so thank you for that. I sure wouldn't have all that near a window w/o blinds, silly people :roll:

I'm w/Frenchie & the Mrs....don't need more stuff, help somebody that does (especially kids) & Vilca...have friends w/$ who pass on expensive jewelry w/a sentiment behind it :lol:
Of the online comments I read the general consensus was: so what, don't judge, what's the difference if you buy one or two expensive items or many cheaper ones.

For me, it's about the grandkid; the adults can fend for themselves for the most part (Santa is for kids, be careful what we teach them), unless you give me a list. But to spend $ on things people don't want or use is a total waste. Isn't it a gesture, a kindness, an exchange, an offering in the true meaning of celebrating Christmas? IDK, I just don't see it under that tree.

But, that's just me. Each decade brings different perspectives, some good, some not.

BS
DSS,35YO,unresect mCRC DX 7/'14,lvr,LN,peri,rib
FOLFOX+Avstn 4 Rnds d/c 10/'14
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14
Gone From My Sight 2/20/15
Me:garden variety polyps + precancerous polyp, diverticulitis
Carergver x2 DH,DM dbl occupancy,'03-'10
DH dx 47YO mCRC,'04-'07, lvr, billiary tree fried x HAI
DM dx CC 85YO,CC,CHF,stroke,dementia,aphasia

justin case

Postby justin case » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:01 pm

bitchslapped wrote:Bro Nut's house is a fire hazard :lol:

I'd fold up all that wrapping paper & use it for butt wipe. Plenty of $ in that alone. You shoppers out there keep the global economy going, so thank you for that. I sure wouldn't have all that near a window w/o blinds, silly people :roll:

I'm w/Frenchie & the Mrs....don't need more stuff, help somebody that does (especially kids) & Vilca...have friends w/$ who pass on expensive jewelry w/a sentiment behind it :lol:
Of the online comments I read the general consensus was: so what, don't judge, what's the difference if you buy one or two expensive items or many cheaper ones.

For me, it's about the grandkid; the adults can fend for themselves for the most part (Santa is for kids, be careful what we teach them), unless you give me a list. But to spend $ on things people don't want or use is a total waste. Isn't it a gesture, a kindness, an exchange, an offering in the true meaning of celebrating Christmas? IDK, I just don't see it under that tree.

But, that's just me. Each decade brings different perspectives, some good, some not.

BS

You're right, I fart around the house so much, my wife is afraid to turn on the stove :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock:
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

canadiandaughter

Postby canadiandaughter » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Wow!!! I cannot believe that pile of gifts!!! We are big on Christmas in my house as we do not do big birthday, anniversary, valentines, etc. But, that being said, my kids have NEVER had anything even close to that!!! We still do stockings and each kid gets probably 3 or 4 presents from us. Usually one more expensive one depending on the budget for the year and then the rest more practical. Its the socks, undies, pjs, toothbrush kind of things that they actually even look forward to getting. I work in a school though, and we were just talking about this generation of kids. We are having Bingo on Friday and the blackout prize is a ipad mini. No cost to play, everything is free. We cannot believe the kids that are saying they are going to skip because the prize sucks. These kids are so incredibly spoiled these days. I would kill for an ipad! Last year I think it was a 36 inch tv and that was not even exciting for them. What this women is doing is setting her kids of for disappointment in their lives. I think more families need to do like Frenchie and give to the less fortunate, maybe the kids would realize just how darn lucky they are!! To me Christmas is about who is around my tree, not what is under it. I am very blessed this year to have all my kids, significant others and my mom and dad coming to my house. That is the greatest gift I could ask for. Last year at this time we were unsure if dad would even see another Christmas, but he is doing not to darn bad. He has a scan on the 21st and we will not get results until after the holidays, which will be hard, but maybe just as well as the last one his liver was not responding, so I am nervous about this one.
DD to 81 year old father
dx 24/07/14 iv cc mets liver/lung
folifiri started 19/07/14
shrinkage of all mets
growth in the liver,started folfox/avastin 80% 13/01/16
reduced to 70% due to side effects 27/01/16
First scan on folfox shows shrinkage in lungs, but liver just stable
6 rounds of vectibix-fail. 3cm growth and new spots showing Waiting for panel recommendations
At peace January 8, 2017

dianetavegia
Facebook Username: Diane Weldy Tavegia

Postby dianetavegia » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:25 pm

Jim and I will have one present and Nick will get a few. The grandkids each got $50 in a gift card. They are teens and live far away.

However, many of our Christmas ornaments are 46 years old and the living room tree was bought on sale in 1994 after Christmas. I love the decorations, the smells, the music and the laughter. The first gift of Christmas was LOVE.

The majority of our Christmas money went to this child. I only know his first name.
Stage III cc surgery 1/7/09. 12 tx FOLFOX
Stage IV PET = 1.5cm liver met. HR 4/11/12

14 years since dx and 11 years post liver resection.
Pronounced CURED and discharged by onc

“O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.” Psalms 30:2

justin case

Postby justin case » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:40 pm

dianetavegia wrote:Jim and I will have one present and Nick will get a few. The grandkids each got $50 in a gift card. They are teens and live far away.

However, many of our Christmas ornaments are 46 years old and the living room tree was bought on sale in 1994 after Christmas. I love the decorations, the smells, the music and the laughter. The first gift of Christmas was LOVE.

The majority of our Christmas money went to this child. I only know his first name.

Very beautiful Diane
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”