End of the journey...No more treatment available

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
mariane

Re: End of the journey...No more treatment available

Postby mariane » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:48 am

I am researching the mutation FBXW7 your Dad and I possess. This mutation is common for many cancers like breast cancer f.e. therefore highly researched. Maybe your dad's cancer would respond for drugs for other cancers. Caris suggested for me also Docetaxel, Paclitaxel, Doxorubicin as potentially working but I am not sure if it was due to that particular mutation. Maybe you need to contact oncologist who knows biology of the tumor really well and suggest chemo out of the box. There is a risk insurance will not pay for it. Read please about genistein - relatively safe, it does not harm to try I think.

I found this recent paper from Harvard:

https://dash.harvard.edu/bitstream/hand ... sequence=1

Quotation:
Indeed, it has been demonstrated
that a natural dietary agent genistein inhibited miR-223
expression and subsequently up-regulated FBW7, leading
to cell growth inhibition and apoptosis in pancreatic cancer
cells [203]. Therefore, targeting FBW7 upstream genes
and its regulatory miRNAs could open a novel therapeutic
window for developing more potent treatments of human
cancers.

It seems Genistein - popular supplement benefited - growth inhibition and death by apoptosis in cells with this mutation in pancreatic cancer.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genistein
https://www.google.com/search?q=geniste ... n&tbm=shop

Isoflavones such as genistein and daidzein are found in a number of plants including lupin, fava beans, soybeans, kudzu, and psoralea being the primary food source,[2][3] also in the medicinal plants, Flemingia vestita[4] and F. macrophylla,[5][6] and coffee.[7] It can also be found in Maackia amurensis cell cultures
mom of now 14 years old twins, dx @ 40 in 6/2015 with upper rectal cancer, 10+ liver mets, CEA 140
chemo: 8/2015 - 10/2016 - 4xFOLFIRINOX, 2xFOLFOX, 8xFOLFIRI, 10x5FU, HAI pump -12xFUDR
4 surgeries, complete pathological response
CEA<2 since 10/2015
NED since May 2016

I praise God for every day with my family!

Reyes

Postby Reyes » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:49 pm

I am new to this site and my husband has been dealing with colon cancer for 3 years. How is your father doing? Since the traditional medicine said that they can't do anything else for your Dad if you want to try a natural diet that we are doing let me know so I can share it with you. It was given to us by a an homeopathic Doctor. Take care.

ripley86

Postby ripley86 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:00 pm

There are new trials starting often. You can cgeck on Clinicaltrials.gov and look into the type os cancer. There are several. Iam on a trial the started in March this year
Female, 62 yo
DX Sept 2012
Xeloda with rad 28 treat
Surgery, resection 4/13
6/33 lymph nodes +
Shadow on liver found in ER 6/13
Folfox with Avastin 6/13
2 nodules in left lung
(4mm and 2mm)
Nodule rt lung 3mm to 8 mm
Folfiri started 9/14
ER due to clot on lung 2/15