Pinch me, please...new primary

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
daisydaisy

Pinch me, please...new primary

Postby daisydaisy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:10 pm

Dear all,

I am mostly a lurker here since 2013, when mom was diagnosed with colon cancer stage 2. It was a very difficult time for us, as she was diagnosed being highly symptomatic, had lost about 15 kg and had daily fever, low iron level, etc. Surgery was diffucult, too. Now 2 years after she developed a big hernia, which we were planning to fix soon. We learned about her diagnosic on November 21, 2013 - I will always remember this day, as it was the start of a totally new life for me and my sister.

This year she complained of discomfort in her left breast. Since last mammo was 2 years ago, as recommended, we went to another one. They found a suspicious spot in her right breast, and then with US an enlarged axillary lymph node in her right armpit. It again happened on November 21, this time in 2015!!! It didn't look good right away, and after fine-needle biopsy we were told - low-grade cancer.

I don't even know what to think or do. I am lost. I am taking her to Moscow for core biopsy, as fine-needle biopsy does not produce a lot of information about tumour type, and they already suggested cutting everything out - the breast and all lymph nodes, not knowing any histological features of the tumour.

Dear all, I will appreciate your words of support, your prayers for my mom Nina, any advice from people in the same situation - it seems to be a very rare situation. And if someone recommends a good breast cancer forum, I will also appreciate it a lot.

Thanks again. I aways admire everyone here, in this forum, which I am proud to call "our" forum. You are all my stars.

Rita.

Val*pal
Facebook Username: Valerie Barkus Kantner

Re: Pinch me, please...new primary

Postby Val*pal » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:06 pm

Oh, I'm so, so sorry, Margarita! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom.
DH dx'ed May '11, age 62
Jul '11: resection Stage IV
10/11: 6 mo Folfox
8/12:thyr canc, surg/tx
2/13: peri mets
2/13: Firi/Avas
6/13: Ok
8/13: break
10/13: Lung, peri, mets
10/13: Firi/Erb
1/14: Erb Fail; spread
5/14: Tx stopped
6/20/14: At rest

PainInTheAss

Postby PainInTheAss » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:46 pm

Oh, I am so sorry! There is a member on here who first had breast cancer with a double mastectomy. Then after that, malenoma, and then after that, colon cancer. She too, was just flabbergasted. She had put off her year 50 colonoscopy because of her breast cancer treatment. She got through treatment and is doing well. My brother is an ER doc and has seen patients with three primaries. At the very least, at least she as the diagnosed with both at the same time. That would be tough doing two different chemos. I know it seems unfair and difficult, but you can get through this, too. Hang in there!
47yo single mom of 4 (24, 21, 18, 16) at Dx
6/13 - RC T4b IIIc 5LNs on PET CEA 5.4
8/13 - Finish chemorad
10/13 - APR/hyst+ovaries/perm colostomy 2/12 nodes+
6/14 - Finish Xelox 6 rds
1/15 - CT clear CEA 0.2
10/15 - CT/MRI clear CEA 0.7
4/16 - CT clear
10/16 - CT/MRI clear CEA 0.6
5/17 - PET clear? Follow up MRI to verify inflammation

DarknessEmbraced
Facebook Username: Riann Fletcher

Postby DarknessEmbraced » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:55 pm

I'm so sorry! Sending healing thoughts for your Mom and hugs!
Diagnosed 10/28/14, age 36
Colon Resection 11/20/14, LAR (no illeo)
Stage 2a colon cancer, T3NOMO
Lymph-vascular invasion undetermined
0/22 lymph nodes
No chemo, no radiation
Clear Colonoscopy 04/29/15
NED 10/20/15
Ischemic Colitis 01/21/16
NED 11/10/16
CT Scan moved up due to high CEA 08/21/17
NED 09/25/17
NED 12/21/18
Clear colonoscopy 09/23/19
Clear 5 year scans 11/21/19- Considered cured! :)

SugarBubbie
Facebook Username: Rhonda Pinkston

Postby SugarBubbie » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:05 pm

Hi Rita,
I know we talked yesterday by private message about your mom's new diagnosis. I did forget to tell you that I also visit www.Breastcancer.org to find out information about the type of breast cancer(s) I now have to deal with. It's not my favorite because some of the women on there are just too emotional for me. I really don't have time for that, so I tend to disregard those posts. However, I did get good information about what side effects to expect, tips on dealing with radiation, etc. I will say that there are really good women on the site who can help you, you just have to find them and don't let the doom and gloom ones get to you. I do have sympathy for the emotional ones, no one ever likes this diagnosis. I just needed help with issues, I didn't need help with my emotions. My hubby is here for that!!

Please keep in touch with me and I'll help however I can. Like I mentioned yesterday, looks like me and your mom will be going on this new journey at the same time. I'll try to keep you posted on how things are going and what maybe to expect. Take care and your mom is very lucky to have you to look after her.
DX Stage II anal cancer 2007 age 57
Radiation 6 weeks, Xeloda/oxilaplatin
DX Breast cancer Jun 2011 Stage3 one lymph nodes
Taxol 12 weeks FAC 4 tx, 31 radiations
5 year survivor certificate from MDA 2012 for anal cancer
DX triple neg bc oct 2015 4 rounds adriamyicyn, 20 radiations
"Positivity has no downside"

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”