Excellent website with comprehensive articles about a variety of topics

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Dana123

Excellent website with comprehensive articles about a variety of topics

Postby Dana123 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:06 pm

I found this website that had great (and current) articles about a variety of topics related to CRC and its treatment (and other cancers).

The link where searches can be done is at: http://www.uptodate.com/contents/search

From the website: "UpToDate® is an evidence-based, physician-authored clinical decision support resource which clinicians trust to make the right point-of-care decisions. More than 6,000 world-renowned physician authors, editors, and peer reviewers use a rigorous editorial process to synthesize the most recent medical information into trusted, evidence-based recommendations that are proven to improve patient care and quality. More than 1 million clinicians in 174 countries and almost 90% of academic medical centers in the United States rely on UpToDate to provide the best care. That trust has been earned because of the integrity of our recommendations, including the fact that we never accept funding from pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers or other commercial entities."

For example, if you type "colon cancer" into the search box, you will find the following articles, among others:

Clinical presentation, diagnosis, and staging of colorectal cancer
Overview of the management of primary colon cancer
Colorectal cancer: Epidemiology, risk factors, and protective factors
Approach to the long-term survivor of colorectal cancer
Pathology and prognostic determinants of colorectal cancer
Surgical resection of primary colon cancer
Systemic chemotherapy for nonoperable metastatic colorectal cancer: Treatment recommendations
Adjuvant chemotherapy for resected stage II colon cancer
Adjuvant therapy for resected stage III (node-positive) colon cancer
Systemic chemotherapy for metastatic colorectal cancer: General principles
Tests for screening for colorectal cancer: Stool tests, radiologic imaging and endoscopy
Adjuvant therapy for resected colon cancer in elderly patients
Lynch syndrome (hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer): Clinical manifestations and diagnosis

Oddly, when I log in from my work computer, I can see the articles without a subscription but when I log in from home, I can only see the abstract and it tells me I need a subscription to see the rest. Is there a way for me to attach PDFs to these forum postings? If so, I could download some articles and post them.
48 yo DH diagnosed/resection (rectosigmoid at 18 cm), 8/15
IIIB--T3, N2a (6/24), moderately differentiated, genetic testing--negative for mutations
CEA pre-surgery 3.5
FOLFOX began 8/15
Oxaliplatin dosage reduced at Round 8 due to WBC issue, began Neulasta for that
Oxaliplatin ended at Round 9 due to persistent neuropathy

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”