Pain, pain and more pain

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
duveduve

Pain, pain and more pain

Postby duveduve » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:22 am

Did any of you experience any particular type(s) of pain before being diagnosed?

I have had excruciating low back pain that comes and goes. It leaves me crawling on the floor it hurts so much.

I also have pain that wraps around to my right flank, right abdomen and right lower abdomen and hip.

Bowel movements can also be painful. I have a rainblw of stool types - it's never the same.

plastikos

Re: Pain, pain and more pain

Postby plastikos » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:45 am

I had a right-sided tumor so I didnt experience any changes in bowel movement. Looking back though prior to being diagnosed I had been experiencing on and off dull right lower back pain which I assumed was just musculoskeletal in nature.
St. IV Colon CA @ 37, male, Kras wild, MSI-high (2014)
11/2014 Right Hemicolectomy + Liver Resection
12/2014 - 6/2015 FOLFOX + Cetuximab
10/2015 - Recurrence liver
Liver resection 10/2015
FOLFIRI 11/2015 - 5/2016
Recurrence liver, nodes 11/2016
Pembrolizumab started 12/2016 -> pseudoprogression(?) -> biliary obstruction -> biliary stenting
Chemo 4x: most mets inactive and smaller on PET-CT
March 2017 - Back on Pembrolizumab again
Sept 2017 - SIRT - > NED
2019 NED

LeonW

Postby LeonW » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:05 pm

I used to travel a lot before Dx and blamed the dreadful airline chairs for frequent lower-back aches. Had no idea that these dull aches could be health related and didn't volunteer any news on this when going in for the colonoscopy. Had no idea what the doc meant when he asked if I experienced any 'travel pains' - and answered negative.

Now I know. It's the dull lower back pain caused when my tumor started to press onto other organs (kidneys?). The pain I blamed the airline companies for.
Not excruciating, just a nasty, lingering, daily, dull lower-back pain.
L
Dec 2012 - CC 2 unresect liver mets, CEA 41.8 (MM 65yrs)
Jan 2013 - colectomy @ spleen 2/26 nodes IVa T3N1bM1a
Feb-Jul - 1x Xelox-7x Xelox/Avastin, shrinkage from #3
Aug - 2x PV embolization (both failed)
Sep 2013 - R liver resect, 25d hosp (liver failure/delirium, lung emboli, encephalopathy), no living cancer (pCR)
2014/15 - recovery, scopy: 2 polyps
2016 - new town/life
2018, scopy: 2 polyps
2018/20 low (1.0-1.4) CEAs/clean CTs: 4x2014, 6x2015-17, 3x2018-20
next June 2021!

SoupRgirl

Postby SoupRgirl » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:25 pm

LeonW wrote:I used to travel a lot before Dx and blamed the dreadful airline chairs for frequent lower-back aches. Had no idea that these dull aches could be health related and didn't volunteer any news on this when going in for the colonoscopy. Had no idea what the doc meant when he asked if I experienced any 'travel pains' - and answered negative.

Now I know. It's the dull lower back pain caused when my tumor started to press onto other organs (kidneys?). The pain I blamed the airline companies for.
L

Leon W...this is me. I had a 4cm tumour (mostly) removed at the beginning of the month have had this horrendous lower back pain ever since. Because the initial pathology on removed tumour portion came back clear, my family doctor gives zero f*cks about my back pain. Because the testing was clear, the surgery to remove the rest of the tumour is 'soon' which is probably a few weeks. So until then I just live with it? Or is the back pain a normal after symptom of a polypectomy? According to surgeon, no. But no one seems to care because my age. Enfuriating. I have a baby that demands to be carried and I literally stay on the main floor of our house all day bc I can't handle the pain of carrying him upstairs. I am normal weight, in good shape ( I thought before all this crazy chain of events)
Sorry for the rant
-Bleeding from bottom since Spring 2015
-Feeling chronically tired summer and fall 2015
-November 2nd 4cm tubulovillious adenoma with focal high-grade dysplasia discovered in rectum during colonoscopy-partly removed
-pathology for polyp/tumor removed shows negative for carcinoma Nov 5
-currently waiting to be booked into surgery to remove remaining polyp/tumour

duveduve

Postby duveduve » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:27 pm

SoupRgirl wrote:
LeonW wrote:I used to travel a lot before Dx and blamed the dreadful airline chairs for frequent lower-back aches. Had no idea that these dull aches could be health related and didn't volunteer any news on this when going in for the colonoscopy. Had no idea what the doc meant when he asked if I experienced any 'travel pains' - and answered negative.

L

Leon W...this is me. I had a 4cm tumour (mostly) removed at the beginning of the month have had this horrendous lower back pain ever since. Because the initial pathology on removed tumour portion came back clear, my family doctor gives zero f*cks about my back pain. Because the testing was clear, the surgery to remove the rest of the tumour is 'soon' which is probably a few weeks. So until then I just live with it? Or is the back pain a normal after symptom of a polypectomy? According to surgeon, no. But no one seems to care because my age. Enfuriating. I have a baby that demands to be carried and I literally stay on the main floor of our house all day bc I can't handle the pain of carrying him upstairs. I am normal weight, in good shape ( I thought before all this crazy chain of events)
Sorry for the rant

Im sorry that you are not having the pain management that you need. Is there another doctors you can see for the pain?

My doctor told me since what is on my ct is not related to pain (according to him), that I need physical therapy and exercise.... ummm did I memtion when this pain is present that I am crawling on the floor? And who is a family doctor to tell me my pain isn't fromany of what is on my ct?

I think there are a lot of insensitive jerks out there running around in white coats.

DarknessEmbraced
Facebook Username: Riann Fletcher

Postby DarknessEmbraced » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:45 pm

Before diagnosis, I had excruciating lower left side abdominal pain that would wrap around to my back. I would also gt some cramping pain on the lower right side but not nearly as severe. This pain would have me doubled over. It would get worse after eating or after bowel movements. I would have maroon colored blood in the toilet, on the paper and mixed in with my stool. Sometimes I would only pass blood and mucus. I would get bowel spasms and a real sense of urgency. I sometimes was constipated and didn't want to eat. I ended up in the ER because of the pain and was referred to a gastroenterologist.
Diagnosed 10/28/14, age 36
Colon Resection 11/20/14, LAR (no illeo)
Stage 2a colon cancer, T3NOMO
Lymph-vascular invasion undetermined
0/22 lymph nodes
No chemo, no radiation
Clear Colonoscopy 04/29/15
NED 10/20/15
Ischemic Colitis 01/21/16
NED 11/10/16
CT Scan moved up due to high CEA 08/21/17
NED 09/25/17
NED 12/21/18
Clear colonoscopy 09/23/19
Clear 5 year scans 11/21/19- Considered cured! :)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”