O/T diversion ... The Voice Fall 2016 !

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
bitchslapped

Re: O/T diversion ... The Voice ?

Postby bitchslapped » Fri May 27, 2016 10:51 am

While I was not surprised Alisan took the title, I was a little surprised by the runners-up lineup. So much talent. Glad Christine got a winner this time around.
DSS,35YO,unresect mCRC DX 7/'14,lvr,LN,peri,rib
FOLFOX+Avstn 4 Rnds d/c 10/'14
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14
Gone From My Sight 2/20/15
Me:garden variety polyps + precancerous polyp, diverticulitis
Carergver x2 DH,DM dbl occupancy,'03-'10
DH dx 47YO mCRC,'04-'07, lvr, billiary tree fried x HAI
DM dx CC 85YO,CC,CHF,stroke,dementia,aphasia

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Fri May 27, 2016 11:40 am

Yeah I got the impression it was " girl power " versus " them good ole boys " this year and Christina played it up.
Just glad it was one of those four which won, though it could almost have been anyone if the final 8 IMO.

NOW let's see what all those folks do after the Voice !
then there's next season :shock:

(( speaking of music and stuff .. and still totally off topic here :

went to a fundraiser dinner last night for the Michael J. Fox Theatre here ( Mrs. CR is connected to the theatre )
There is a huge golf tournament and dinner extravaganza hosted at the Hilton each year and Michael comes out to take part.
All for a good cause. This year a high school friend of his and partner ( musicians ) put on some live tunes and MJ himself was up on stage playing his Back To The Future "Johnny B. Goode" with the band !!!!!!
Incredible moment to see this guy who battles Parkinsons rocking it out in his hometown !
He autographed the guitar and then they auctioned it off to support the theatre. The winner paid the cash to the theatre, then donated it back so it could be displayed in the new lobby showcase !!!!!

Talk about a 'magical' evening all around.
Michael is a great human being and humanitarian, and deserves all the love and support he gets.
He is also one of my heros for the way he is dealing with his own challenges AND always, ALWAYS with that incredible sense of humour ! ))
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Fri May 27, 2016 11:52 am

That does sound like a wonderful evening! Had no idea Michael was musical & yes, a great talent, family man, person.
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Fri May 27, 2016 12:35 pm

The high school friend and he were part of a band back then, so he does play, and played last night.
The B2TF movie scene was audio dubbed but he learned the actual chord sequences so it looked totally legit on screen.

They also had a whole series of B2TF themed ice sculptures in the lobby including 2 very "cool" DeLoreans ! :mrgreen:

CRguy

BACK ON TOPIC ... The Voice Fall 2016 !

Postby CRguy » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:47 pm

OK OK
gimme some slack here 'cos I have 2 main points about the recent debut of The Voice
without being a hardhearted asshole ... WTF ?
why does everybody need their Bio to be a crying session for what they have " been through in life... " ????????
ALL my friends HERE have been, OR are going through MUCH WORSE ..... Image

Second point = ON TOPIC :mrgreen:
THIS is gonna be a great season
2 new coaches ( lik'em both )
NOW 4 players in the " In Yo Face trashin' " instead of just Blake and Adam

Miley and Alicia ... seriously ... they gonna BRING IT !

TALENT ??????????

IF I could sing ONE NOTE the way ANY of the Blind Audition folks did ......
I would die a happy man who loves music .... BUTT would not dishonour it by trying to sing :twisted:

I am stoked. This IS THE BEST "talent" show on the airwaves

CANNOT wait for the fur to start flying and the "NEW icons" to start singing and bringing their best game

WORD
CR
Caregiver x 4
17 Year survivor

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:45 pm

Thanks for the review! Haven't watched it yet, but recorded on the DVR so looking forward to watching. Started watching the first sob story Tues night & fell asleep. That's what old people do. :roll:
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

canadiandaughter

Re: O/T diversion ... The Voice Fall 2016 !

Postby canadiandaughter » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm

I agree, love the new coaches!!! I think they will give Blake and Adam a run for their money!! I also agree on the sob stories. I really think they do that to get the audiences sympathy for the voting if they get past the blind auditions. I think everyone could come up with something sad to share for sympathy, they really need to get past all that and just sing to win. We all have junk and yes, everyone here has gone through a lot more then most of the contestants crying the blues so far!!!
DD to 81 year old father
dx 24/07/14 iv cc mets liver/lung
folifiri started 19/07/14
shrinkage of all mets
growth in the liver,started folfox/avastin 80% 13/01/16
reduced to 70% due to side effects 27/01/16
First scan on folfox shows shrinkage in lungs, but liver just stable
6 rounds of vectibix-fail. 3cm growth and new spots showing Waiting for panel recommendations
At peace January 8, 2017

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:22 pm

Ok, I'm all caught up. I don't mind their sob stories...everybody has one & is relative to their life experiences. Lot of them are young...each chapter in life brings a new saga w/it to conquer & reflect upon & grow. Lot of musicians/artists are tortured souls from within through which they pull to create their music for expression/release. A depressed, frustrated lot, some of them are. Obviously the show wants them to share their stories of what brought them there as it's not like a person went 4-6 yrs of college for a job singing. A completely different, tough career choice where few make it.

I like the new judges, but will see if they settle down some. The first part of Monday's program was a bit much for my taste w/them all going after Adam, but like 2 guys, 2 gals as a mix. Also like the two Adam has on his team so far.
Miley is young & reticent to choose those that don't fit her genre. Expect that will change w/more experience on the show.
I've also noticed that in previous seasons they gave more helpful input to the ones where no chairs turned. Didn't see that this time around. The last one they just told her how wonderfully she did & how beautifully she sang, focused on the fact that she gave it a whirl, but no input for improvement. Maybe they thought she didn't have talent.

I liked Christina & Gwen, however they are barbie dolls. Not so much w/Miley & Alicia. They're going to get right down there & roll in the mud w/the boys! :lol:

I agree The Voice is a great talent show & looking forward to another season!

BS
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:44 pm

An observation from this week's show. The show sometimes profiles contestants who don't make it & doesn't profile some that do. This week they profiled a guy who declared his sexuality to the world who didn't make it & didn't profile one that did! :shock:
Not sure I would like that :x :lol:
It's early, but so far my favorite audition is Simone (her kid has about as perfect a little face I've seen):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIYCYii ... e=youtu.be

BS
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:16 pm

My fav is Nolan, I remember his previous audition also. I looked him up and he was in some bands I really like previously. I love his voice! Loved him singing "Tiny Dancer"

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:45 am

Haven't picked a fave yet. Still want to see what these incredible voices can do with some coaching and personal choices.
Always good to see someone return and do well, as there have been a few as of late.
Caregiver x 4
17 Year survivor

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:22 pm

OK, I was admittedly a little behind on The Voice during the presidential election here in the States! However I do have a favorite, though this season the talent has been incredible. Every time a contestant sang, that was my new favorite until the next one who sang (except for Darby who was eliminated this week...not so much). Are you ready? Drumroll please...

Courtney Harrell. The way she belted out Tina Turner's "River Deep, Mountain High" w/o a hitch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuvhJLV0TQg

Sold Me!

Anybody else have a fave?

BS
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

canadiandaughter

Postby canadiandaughter » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:57 pm

It's a tough call this time around. I do like what team Adam has to offer this time around. I did not care for Darby's style of music, so was not sad to see her go this week. I kind of like Sundace as well though. Time will tell I guess. I am partial to the country type singers though, which isnt fair to the young ladies who have some amazing voices this season. I am guessing either Blake or Adam will be the winning coaches though.
DD to 81 year old father
dx 24/07/14 iv cc mets liver/lung
folifiri started 19/07/14
shrinkage of all mets
growth in the liver,started folfox/avastin 80% 13/01/16
reduced to 70% due to side effects 27/01/16
First scan on folfox shows shrinkage in lungs, but liver just stable
6 rounds of vectibix-fail. 3cm growth and new spots showing Waiting for panel recommendations
At peace January 8, 2017

justin case

Postby justin case » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:01 pm

bitchslapped wrote:OK, I was admittedly a little behind on The Voice during the presidential election here in the States! However I do have a favorite, though this season the talent has been incredible. Every time a contestant sang, that was my new favorite until the next one who sang (except for Darby who was eliminated this week...not so much). Are you ready? Drumroll please...

Courtney Harrell. The way she belted out Tina Turner's "River Deep, Mountain High" w/o a hitch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuvhJLV0TQg

Sold Me!

Anybody else have a fave?

BS

My fave is when the coaches actually change clothes, so you don't have to see 3 hrs. of recording spaced out between 3 weeks of broadcasting .....
There is an amazing group of talent, although most of the country singers, have been outshined by others, who are preforming some really difficult vocal challenges. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
7/11 diagnosed Stage 2 colon and rectal cancer
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
21 round of chemo Folfox 9tx, 5fu 12 tx
Last treatment July 2012

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:34 pm

justin case wrote:My fave is when the coaches actually change clothes, so you don't have to see 3 hrs. of recording spaced out between 3 weeks of broadcasting .....

No Kidding! :lol:

Adam & Blake have toned it down some this season which I like + I also like the mix of judges: even Steven between male & female. I have enjoyed all the judges performing together in a song in the past. So either they didn't do it this year or I missed it. The show could still be sped up some regarding judges comments over & over again. Appears they have cut down on some of it...more to go imo.

BS
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”