stage IIB diagnosed in Feb 2006

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
becky

stage IIB diagnosed in Feb 2006

Postby becky » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:59 pm

I just found this webbsite yesterday! I was sitting in the dr office reading CURE and seen the article about the website. I sure wished I knew about this 2 years ago. I have enjoyed reading all the topics. I was diagnosed Feb 6 2004 when I was 33 years old. I'm doing very well after my resection and chemo. The only side effects that are still present is nueropathy in my feet. A very small price to pay for my quality of life.
I have done genetic testing and my results were inconclusive however the doc feel I have HNPCC and I am probably the start of a new mutation. I had my ovaries taken out Oct 05 as a precaution. I have a nine year old son. As most of you have posted I also had no signs or symptoms and was extremely anemic however there were no signs.

The best thing any of us can do is educate others and encourage support. I'm so glad to see many of you reaching out to others.
I would be happy to answer any questions that come my way.

tpop

Postby tpop » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:43 pm

Becky,
I am also a Stage IIB survivor. I was dx in 2000 at the age of 46 and had a colon resection and chemo. I was then dx in 2001 with uterine ca and had a total hysterectomy and chemo plus radiation. I have the Lynch Syndrome II hereditary colon cancer. The only sign I had was occasional blood on the tissue which I attributed to hemorrhoids. My CEA was not elevated so that is not a good indicator for me.
I am fortunate that I have no residual effects.(Except maybe some "chemo brain", anyone else experiencing this?) :roll:
I will continue to be under tight surveillance considering the increased risks.
Stay well, keep positive, and God bless,
tpop

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”