Aspirin - Vit D

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
jalusa

Aspirin - Vit D

Postby jalusa » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:11 am

I asked my Onc at MSK about these today. She told me that there are some mixed reviews about aspirin helping in people with a particular type of mutation that I don't have. She also said there is a risk with aspirin. As to the Vit D she said that again the reviews are mixed and some reports even say that too much can be harmful.

I think I will have a chocolate malt this afternoon.
Hoping to get to resection with HAI pump.
Failed PVE - Searching for options
Chemo for life

Pathfindergrl28

Re: Aspirin - Vit D

Postby Pathfindergrl28 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:27 am

Thanks for your post... I was diagnosed with a tubulovillous adenoma this past December. I'm 35, and looking for ways to prevent future polyps... I have read a lot of mixed reviews on Vit D and Aspirin as well...
36/F
Genetic high BP since age 22 (currently on Bystolic)
Wife, mom of two girls
Colonoscopy 12/1/14: DX with 12 mm Tubulovillous adenoma polyp (benign), & diverticulosis in colon, Lynch negative
Colonoscopy 10/21/16: Clear colonoscopy, diverticulosis

"Don't worry about anything, instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done." Philippians 4:6

plastikos

Re: Aspirin - Vit D

Postby plastikos » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:31 am

jalusa wrote:I asked my Onc at MSK about these today. She told me that there are some mixed reviews about aspirin helping in people with a particular type of mutation that I don't have. She also said there is a risk with aspirin. As to the Vit D she said that again the reviews are mixed and some reports even say that too much can be harmful.

I think I will have a chocolate malt this afternoon.

I guess it depends on your present condition and if the risks outweigh the benefits. My onc is on board with both. Vit D more than aspirin.
St. IV Colon CA @ 37, male, Kras wild, MSI-high (2014)
11/2014 Right Hemicolectomy + Liver Resection
12/2014 - 6/2015 FOLFOX + Cetuximab
10/2015 - Recurrence liver
Liver resection 10/2015
FOLFIRI 11/2015 - 5/2016
Recurrence liver, nodes 11/2016
Pembrolizumab started 12/2016 -> pseudoprogression(?) -> biliary obstruction -> biliary stenting
Chemo 4x: most mets inactive and smaller on PET-CT
March 2017 - Back on Pembrolizumab again
Sept 2017 - SIRT - > NED
2019 NED

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”