Opinions On my mother

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
vettespd20

Opinions On my mother

Postby vettespd20 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:55 pm

Hello forum. My mom is 65 years old, she has had cirrhosis of the liver for 18 years (yes 18 years), but has lived a pretty normal life. 30 months ago she was anemic and went to the ER to find out she had Colon Cancer. Went through the process and she had resurrection surgery. I was never told what stage she was (i am thinking stage 3, they said it didn't spread through the colon wall completely and didn't spread to other parts of the body) but was advised that only on nodule had a polyp (i dont think it had cancer cells though) but the rest tester were fine.

They put her on chemo pill (not sure the name) she only completed them for 2 weeks and they took her off (didn't want to upset her cirrhosis). Since then everything has seemed to be great. She has blood test every few months and all test have been great no concerns. For what ever reason they just now did her FIRST colonoscopy (i think it should have been completed a couple years ago instead of 30 months later) and it came back clean no polyps or issues.

This week coming up she has a routine CAT scan.

From what i have read since all blood test have been good, and colonoscopy was clean that should relieve a lot of stress, (i know she isn't 100 percent out of the woods but so far i guess its the best case scenario).

Just want others opinions and feedback. But again since blood test have always been good, and clean colonoscopy and it being 30 (actually 31 months now) we should be very pleased.

The only thing is she has gained weight over the past 12 months (not sure how much maybe 25 lbs but i dont see a reason to be to worried) but all seems well. She claims no pains or issues.

Just want some feedback =) thanks

PGLGreg

Re: Opinions On my mother

Postby PGLGreg » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:32 pm

Although the situation is a bit vague in places, I'd guess that you are right, and your mother can be optimistic about recovering from the cancer.
Greg
stage 2a rectal cancer 11/05 at age 63
LAR 12/05 with adjuvant radiation+5FU,leucovorin 1-2/06
NED for 12 years, cured

vettespd20

Re: Opinions On my mother

Postby vettespd20 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:40 pm

Sorry for lack of info and direct details, but i agree with you since we are at 31 months and everything has been positive so far it makes it a lot easier to deal with. God bless everyone who is fighting this, and be strong!!!!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”