Shout out to Cb75

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Stanfordmom

Re: Shout out to Cb75

Postby Stanfordmom » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:38 pm

Hi Carm,

Praying for your smooth recovery!!

Sha
DX 4/2/2014 at 44, stage 4, mets liver and ovaries
Mom to 2 boys
Three surgeries, HAI pump and lots of chemo
fighting!

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:56 am

Continuing to send BEST WISHES !!!!

Have not heard anything further yet, so if anyone is talking to Carmen
please let her know we are all supporting her here.

In Harmony my friend
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

Cb75

Postby Cb75 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:16 pm

Hi!! Thanks so much for the post :) it really is uplifting when going through this crap. I've had quite the few weeks. After taking a short chemo break my body managed to grow a huge mass offy ovary. Luckily it was surgical and I had it removed Thursday. I was discharged today. All went well. It was removed along with my woman parts. Now, I'm not sure what is next. I'm a bit scared being off chemo, but felt so much better after surgery.

Cb <3
39y female Stage IV
diagnosed April 2012
sigmoid resect May 2012
liver resect Aug 2012
Folfox Oct 2012
lungs Sep 2013
R and L laser lung resection Nov 2013/Feb 2014
FOLFIRI and Avastin Apr 2014 ongoing...

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:35 pm

You had me at ...
"I was discharged today. All went well."

the rest is in the details and we deal with those as they come !

Harmony and mega best wishes Carm !

On the Journey
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
17 Year survivor

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:17 pm

Howzit goin' ?????

The first weeks outta surgery are the toughest, so please let us know if we need to be sending you corny jokes, arguing about political debates .....
( HERE in Canada folks .... you USA buddies have enuff on your hands with The Donald :shock: ... NO ....Trump ... NOT Duck :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

FYI Carm .. I had a couple of fresh faced doorstep canvassers at my door tonight .. wearing and carrying RED brochures. One was even named Justin ...
so I said " Shouldn't you be back in Ottawa polishing up for the next debate ?" they laffed, looked at me as I delivered my pre-emptive doorstep counterstrike ....
" I do not discuss politics, religion or business on my doorstep and since the election is a private vote I will tell you that I have voted in every election since I was legal and will not discuss anything with you now. "

I was being very pleasant and smiling.

They thanked me for my time, wished me a nice evening, graciously accepted back the RED brochure they were trying to hand me and ....
said " it was a pleasure talking with me .. "

I lock up and think ... Hmm OK they have presence of mind, are courteous and friendly and "get the message" ...do NOT preach ME or speech ME on my home turf ....... THEN .... it dawned on me walking past the entry hall mirror....

I am wearing my black Muay Thai kickboxing T-shirt I use for BBQing ( 'cos it don't stain ! ) ... AND ...
I am not wearing my usual baseball cap down low to hide the recent scar from my kickboxing loss to my stack stone fireplace facing :oops:

SO.... these two great kids read the signs right
NOT interested in discussing politics
has recent head wounds
wearing "aggressive" T-shirt
summarily dispatched them quickly on their way !!!!!

DAMN they have a future in something ... just NOT as politicians ... 'cos THEY NEVER KNOW WHEN TO back OFF !!!!

Hope this gave you a smile Carm
Heal gently and let us know what we can do to support you...
ON The Journey

CRguy
Caregiver x 4
17 Year survivor

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:15 am

BUMP !!!!

Continuing to send best wishes your way.

In Harmony fellow Canuckian !!
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
17 Year survivor

Cb75

Postby Cb75 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:49 pm

I've been around. This surgery has really taken quite a bit out of me. I was left with a Takeoff Cathater in my lung to drain my plural effusion. This has resulted in quite a bit of pain an discomfort well beyond the pain of my ovary removal. I'm at a bit of a loss. I'm concerned that my lung mets have gone out of control since going off treatment and I don't know what is next for me in terms of treatment. I anticipate either going back to FOLFOX, on to Stigarva, or I am looking into some alternative treatments in the US, Europe and China. Specifically, pdt or ngpdt. However, its experimental, expensive and its hit and miss. I'm so frustrated that in a few short months I have gone from living my life as much as possible to now being in pain and with a tube sticking out of me. This disease is a beast.

Thanks for looking out for me. Its been difficult and the news around here and other parts hasn't been great. The longer you live with this disease it gets harder. I've lost a few friends recently....my heart aches.

cb <3
39y female Stage IV
diagnosed April 2012
sigmoid resect May 2012
liver resect Aug 2012
Folfox Oct 2012
lungs Sep 2013
R and L laser lung resection Nov 2013/Feb 2014
FOLFIRI and Avastin Apr 2014 ongoing...

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:17 pm

Thanks for checking in Carm !!!!!!
I'd read the FB update but did not want to post here until you checked in yourself.
Sorry for the bumpy road post op :twisted:..... get those pain Docs up to speed !!!!!

Do you think some of the effusion is still just post-op, in which case should be better at resolving with drain/taps. If you think active effusion from lung mets then the PDT / NGPDT could be a good choice. Please check PMH in TO for someone who might have done / is doing PDT. When I was in search mode for my father's meso treatments, his local Onc had interned @PMH and I will dig up the reference for you.

I also enquired about thoracic "hipec" as the Drs Sugarbaker in the US derived the abdominal HIPEC from one brother's initial thoracic perfusion research.
If things are more localized, then a possible consideration could be to discuss pleurodesis, which my father had and it controlled the effusion.

Further to the BCCA POG info ... check out THIS for a new Vancouver company starting to test individual tumours for treatment options. I'll send you any more info I can dig up.

On the Journey my friend
Mega Cheers !
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
17 Year survivor

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”