We are announcing the FIRST EVER COLON CLUB T-SHIRT CONTEST to find the funniest, craziest and wildest colon-related t-shirts ever!! We want to start offering more funny colon-related and cancer-related t-shirts, and we know that all of you are VERY creative and have great ideas!
So please send us your ideas, photos, original artwork or cartoons, etc. – any and all ideas you think would make a great t-shirt for The Colon Club. Your design should be about colorectal cancer, cancer in general, young people with colorectal cancer, etc. There are no right or wrong designs or slogans – but the more creative and humorous the better!
If we pick your t-shirt, you’ll win a free shirt with your design on it – and you will be helping support The Colon Club financially AND by getting out the message that ANYONE can get colorectal cancer at ANY AGE!
We will probably have several winners because we would like to have a number of funny and educational t-shirts. There is no limit to the number of ideas you can send – so just let us know any time you have a good idea!
- your artwork and/or text (image files must be 300 dpi, see additional info under guidelines)
- include your first and last names, date of birth, mailing address, valid e-mail address and t-shirt size
- a brief writeup of your story and your connection to colorectal cancer that is less than 75 words (ie “My cousin Amanda died from colon cancer at age 27. Our family didn’t know anything about colorectal cancer before Amanda was diagnosed, so now I want to make sure that other people are educated. I know colorectal cancer is a serious disease, but I think having a sense of humor is important too because it helps give a way to bring up the topic of colons, which people often don’t want to talk about.“)
- READ the Guidelines and Rules below!
- send entries to Hannah@ColonClub.com
- send before midnight on December 13!
- You have to be 18 to enter!
- Please read the Official Rules (below) before you submit!!
- Your t-shirt text/design should have something to do with cancer, colorectal cancer, The Colon Club, etc. – the funnier/more creative the design is, the better chance you have of your t-shirt winning!
- If you are entering text only, you can just email it – but if you want it to look a certain way (ie in a particular font), we need to receive it as an image file.
- If you are entering artwork, we must receive it electronically in at least 300 dpi, in either jpeg or pdf format (best for color artwork designs or photos) or PNG format (best for text or images with straight lines).
- If you are submitting artwork along with text, the artwork does not have to include the text unless you want it to be a “part” of the design. If you don’t care what the text looks like, you can just write it in the email.
We can't wait to see what you all come up with!!!
Official Colon Club T-Shirt Contest Submission Rules
These Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”) set forth the rules and regulations of The Colon Club T-Shirt Contest (the “Contest”). By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Rules. If you do not agree with the Rules, please do not enter the Contest. The Contest is sponsored by The Colon Club.
1. ELIGIBILITY; HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. To be eligible to participate, you must successfully submit your entry to Hannah@ColonClub.com
. The Colon Club shall have no liability or responsibility for any technical malfunction or failure of any Internet or network connection, regardless of cause, which prevents or materially adversely affects the participant’s ability to submit an entry in a timely matter at all. There is no limit on the total entries that can be submitted per person. Each submission shall contain your first and last name, date of birth, mailing address, valid e-mail address, t-shirt idea (design and/or text) and t-shirt size. Entries must not include any images that are unlawful, harmful, vulgar, obscene, hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
2. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:01 A.M. Central Time on November 16, 2008 and ends at 11:59 P.M. Central Time on December 13, 2008 (the “Entry Period”). All entries must be received prior to the close of the Contest Entry Period. Any entries submitted after the deadline will be disqualified.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: All eligible entries will be reviewed by The Colon Club. Multiple winners may be selected, and winners will be selected throughout the Contest Entry Period. The Colon Club shall have the sole discretion to select the winners and the decisions shall be final and binding on all parties. The winners will be selected based on such criteria as The Colon Club determines to be appropriate, including but not limited to: (a) adherence to the submission guidelines, (b) uniqueness and originality of design and/or text, (c) creativity of design and/or text and (d) completeness and appropriateness of design and/or text. Winners will be notified by e-mail as they are selected, and in no event later than December 31, 2008. Prizes will be awarded within approximately 60 days of notification. If selected as a winner, you may also be required to provide proof of age.
4. ENTRIES PROPERTY OF THE COLON CLUB: As a condition of accepting a prize and being announced as a winner, you agree to grant The Colon Club a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, non-exclusive, worldwide right and license to use, copy, modify, reproduce, market, sell, display, distribute, sell or otherwise exploit the image and/or text submitted as an entry in the Contest (the “Material”) for any purposes whatsoever, including without limitation, modifying the Material, copying the Material, improving the Material, making derivative works thereto, reproducing the Material and distributing the Material.
5. PRIZES: Each Contest winner will win a t-shirt from The Colon Club, having an approximate total value of $25. Each winner will receive one t-shirt of their winning Material. In the event any entry is deemed ineligible, The Colon Club may award the prizes to alternative entries as it deems suitable. Winners may be required to pay customs, duty charges and/or taxes.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: This contest is void where prohibited. This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of New York, exclusive of its provisions on conflicts of law. In respect of any dispute relating to the Contest and/or rules, you agree to accept jurisdiction and venue in the Courts of the State of New York, County of Saratoga. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for The Colon Club to use a winner’s name, likeness, picture and all entry Material without additional compensation unless and where prohibited by law. By entering this Contest, you agree to hereby release and hold harmless The Colon Club from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest, use or license of your Material, or any prize. All entries submitted must be original, must not have been previously published, released or distributed and must have been created and owned exclusively by the entrant submitting the creation. By submitting your Material in the Contest, you represent and warrant that you have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your Material and comply with all of these Rules, including obtaining any written consents of third parties, if applicable. You waive any and all claims of infringement (including without limitation copyright, trademark, patent, trade name, trade secret, etc.) against The Colon Club or their licensees based upon access to or use of your Material. The Colon Club disclaims any and all liability for any infringement of any third party rights in any submission caused by any entrant.
7. FORCE MAJEURE: In the event that The Colon Club is prevented from continuing the Contest, The Colon Club will have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion without further obligation or liability to you.
Hannah K. Vogler
Co-Founder, The Colon Club
cousin of Amanda Sherwood Roberts
dx 1/99 Stage III at age 24
died January 1, 2002 at age 27