O/T … I hesitate to post this

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
CRguy

O/T … I hesitate to post this

Postby CRguy » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:08 pm

At the specific request from the OP and with consideration of the Colon Club Moderation Committee, having served its purpose for past discussion, the current topic is hereby closed to ongoing postings.

Thank you for your co-operation in acknowledging this request.
Colon Club Moderation Committee

As MOD, I received an email from a member here which asked a very simple question ??

" Why do we need to have all the negative bullshit from members who do not believe OR care about religion in the healing process ?
If someone post about religion, can't they have the right to an honest and friendly discussion without all the *&&^#@$%#$ from *&^# ? "

They named 3 folks, I will not "out" them BUTT I will ask the question …. WHY NOT ?

These "folks" have already been contacted by Mods in the past for essentially the same reason.

" IF you do NOT like the effing TOPIC …. EFF OFF and do not perpetuate dissension in this forum …. DUH !!! "

Yeah, pretty much MY philosophy as well.

Sadly I "know" the complainant and all of the "accused ! "

My own personal view here is pretty much :

" IF you do not like the topic ….."

Well fill in your own blanks because the Mod Committee is getting pretty close to nuking folks who just cannot resist "trolling" some of these topics, for NO other reason than creating dissension on this forum.

It has been tried before …. the results were not pretty.

THIS forum was here long before I was.
I VOW to keep it safe as long as I am here.

IT WILL be here long after all of us have gone.

MESS with the CTalk forum and you are messing with more than you know.

WE ARE A SUPPORT FOUM.

SUPPORT … or find another forum.

CRguy

[EDIT : apparently some folks have had a difficult time discerning what I have said and what I am quoting, so the direct quotes have been noted above.]
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

Lydia666

Re: O/T … I hesitate to post this

Postby Lydia666 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 pm

I stay away from religion discussions as i know it's a topic that sparks controversy in any context and I cannot handle it, so I don't know what people have said on here but given I am not religious I obviously think we should have the right to put our 2 cents in. :)
Oct 2012- thyroid cancer
June 19, 2015 Dx@39 yrs- CRC-T3N1M0
No vascular, no perineural invasion
Aug-Sept 2015- 28 rad/5FU
Oct 28, 2015- LAR- temp ileo, neg. nodes- 0/11
March 2016- 6 rounds Xeloda/positive CHEK2 mutation
August 2016- DCIS and decided post prophylactic double mastectomy
May 2018 - clean CT
Sept 2018-clean scope
Devastation, total shock- oct 2018, invasion of peri mets
Dec 20 - 2 round of folfox
Mom to 4 & 7 yrs kids - at least i brought them to this level of independence.

KimT

Postby KimT » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:34 pm

IMO there needs to be a no personal attacks rule and I would support bringing the hammer down to enforce it. It's okay to disagree but the personal attacks have to stop.
2/10 dx colon cancer
right hemicolectomy 3/19/10
Stage 2a 0/43 nodes
Lynch syndrome
3/14/10 colon resection/ removal of metal clips
Nov 11 dx ovarian cancer

NateA
Facebook Username: Nathan Drew Allen

Postby NateA » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:52 pm

Well said CRguy
7/15 dx CC stage 4 with lots of liver mets CEA 208
KRAS Mutant G12V, MSS.
9/23 from folfoxiri to folfox and Xeloda. CEA 25
11/11/15 all liver markers in the zone, CEA 4.0, moving to Avastin/xeloda for now..tumors shrinking
01/13/16 Avastin/xeloda CEA 3.5
03/11/16 clean PET CEA 4.4

Bev G
Facebook Username: Bev Golde

Postby Bev G » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:54 pm

Sadly, the forum is virtually nothing like it used to be. We've had these issues come up time and time again in the 5+ years I've been here, butt they've become so much snarkier of late. The whole thing barely resembles what it used to. Perhaps we've gotten to "critical mass" in the horrible losses we've all suffered as our friends pass. I don't know, butt I'm positive there are other places on the internet to argue about religion. It's sad, and hard to be around here anymore. Many of our old pals have left here like they're diving off a sinking ship. Some others seem to show up just to say something nasty. (need a shaking head emoticon here)
58 yo Type1 DM 48 years
12/09 Stage IV 2/22 nodes + liver met, colon resec
3 tx FOLFIRI, liver resec 4/10
9/10 6 mos off chemo, Neg PET&CTC CEA nl
2/11 finished total 10 rounds chemo

9/13 ^17th clean PET/CT NED for now

NateA
Facebook Username: Nathan Drew Allen

Postby NateA » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:08 pm

I'm still a new here, and also a Believer. I wanted to post on that thread, but decided against it as to avoid attack or shaming or anything negative. The last thing I need or will give out is negativity. This isn't high school.
7/15 dx CC stage 4 with lots of liver mets CEA 208
KRAS Mutant G12V, MSS.
9/23 from folfoxiri to folfox and Xeloda. CEA 25
11/11/15 all liver markers in the zone, CEA 4.0, moving to Avastin/xeloda for now..tumors shrinking
01/13/16 Avastin/xeloda CEA 3.5
03/11/16 clean PET CEA 4.4

ALW

Postby ALW » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:35 pm

And this is why I stay away from the religious threads. I have too much crap in my life (literally :lol: ) and do not need to read any negative bs. I don't understand why people cannot let things be. If you are not religious nor believe in the power of prayer, then why bother posting in that thread?
Aug '15 Dx rectal cancer stage 2a @ 41 years old
Sept '15 Radiation & Xeloda
12/3/15 LAR with temp ileo - 0/20 nodes
1/5/16 reversal done early due to complications
2/16 Started 5 rounds Xeloda

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:48 pm

I understand both sides whether I believe or not. As far as non believers, I know a few and have had great talks with them. There are reasons behind them as there are reasons for believers. Maybe if people could talk openly and get to know the reasons on both sides we could be more understanding and respectful.

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:01 am

I was baptized Lutheran (to be honest, I don't even know what the differences are in Christianity). But of people I know...Christians, Pegan, Wiccan, Buddhist, Atheist, etc. I love all equally and their belief does not matter to me. As I said before, it's the person and their heart that matter.

I'm not one to ask about belief as I follow my heart, not the bible or what others say or think.

My daughters first best friend was Hmong and Buddhist I believe, anyway, I told her and my daughter that people believe different things and that is ok and no one is wrong. My daughter knows about God and Jesus, but I don't preach anything, I grew up with prayers and such, but as far as belief, I want her to decide what she believes on her own.

PGLGreg

Postby PGLGreg » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:58 am

CRguy wrote:My own personal view here is pretty much :
MESS with the CTalk forum and you are messing with more than you know.

Should I care what your personal view as a mod is? Is it to bluster and threaten people when they post things you personally dislike?
Greg
stage 2a rectal cancer 11/05 at age 63
LAR 12/05 with adjuvant radiation+5FU,leucovorin 1-2/06
NED for 12 years, cured

stu

Postby stu » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:12 am

Hi.
I come from a secular society. I know exactly were the line is. When the tone and inference becomes one of intimidation, gross generalisation and personalised rude comments, particularly with one poster being told to get to the corner " doggie" as though she was an animal , then I question if this is acceptable from many angles and is certainly not getting your two cents in. I hope I misread it, but cant check.
I believe in this forum and have seen the good it can do. There was a great example of that this week when one person was significantly helped by others and an operation revealed she had a met. Now it is out and the support continues. I have seen the years of support the moderators and people like Bev have put in here and I am talking over six years plus and i think we should get behind that process and resolve this.
There is a foe button and the moderators are not quick to jump in so when they do it is generally over the line.
Its the kindness we count upon in life.
Take care
Stu
supporter to my mum who lives a great life despite a difficult diagnosis
stage4 2009 significant spread to liver
2010 colon /liver resection
chemo following recurrence
73% of liver removed
enjoying life treatment free
2016 lung resection
Oct 2017 nice clear scan . Two lung nodules disappeared
Oct 2018. Another clear scan .

PainInTheAss

Postby PainInTheAss » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:12 am

AngiLouWho wrote:And this is why I stay away from the religious threads. I have too much crap in my life (literally :lol: ) and do not need to read any negative bs. I don't understand why people cannot let things be. If you are not religious nor believe in the power of prayer, then why bother posting in that thread?

This point was actually part of the discussion. The answer was along the lines of that this isn't the Christian Colon Cancer Support Club anymore than it's the stage IV Club. All members should be welcome to post on any thread on any topic. I shouldn't be limited to only stage IIIc questions, for example.

The bigger issue is that the code of conduct is being ignored in these discussions:

▪ Please be considerate and respectful of your fellow posters.
▪ Use standard writing style and punctuation. Regular sentences and basic grammar will help others understand you.
▪ Do not use profanity, obscenities, abusive language, or otherwise objectionable content as determined by The Colon Club, in its sole discretion. Comments should not harass, abuse, degrade, or threaten another's personal safety or property, make false statements, defame, or impersonate someone else.
▪ Remember this is a public forum. Do not post personal information including phone numbers, email or mailing addresses, or credit card information belonging to you or others.
▪ Do not copy others' material, trademarks, or other intellectual property—it is illegal. This includes cutting and pasting content from other websites (Facebook, Twitter etc.) or Private Messages from this forum. Comments should be your own original thoughts.
▪ Do not post HTML, viruses, or other malicious code.

It's not hard to find posts in the Divine Healing thread that violate a number of these guidelines. That is the real issue. People should feel welcome to express differing opinions provided they are expressed in a respectful manner. If you start a thread to read a book about someone who chanted in the Grand Canyon and their cancer was healed, anyone should be able to respond to that. No claim should be immune to debate, especially a controversial one.

The idea of Divine Healing is not synonymous with the power of prayer.
47yo single mom of 4 (24, 21, 18, 16) at Dx
6/13 - RC T4b IIIc 5LNs on PET CEA 5.4
8/13 - Finish chemorad
10/13 - APR/hyst+ovaries/perm colostomy 2/12 nodes+
6/14 - Finish Xelox 6 rds
1/15 - CT clear CEA 0.2
10/15 - CT/MRI clear CEA 0.7
4/16 - CT clear
10/16 - CT/MRI clear CEA 0.6
5/17 - PET clear? Follow up MRI to verify inflammation

Kathleen808

Postby Kathleen808 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:42 am

Thank CRGuy for both your wisdom and the time you put into our group.

Aloha,
Kathleen
Kathleen
DH 1/09 3c 51yr rsct
Folfx 3/09
1 l nd 9/09 Flfri Avstn
PET clr 6/10
Folfri Avstn 7/10
ND 10/10
1/11 lng mets Flfri Avastn
ND 2/12
9/12 Flfri Avastn
10/12 grwth lng mts Erbtx Avstn Irintcn
1/13 stabl
9/13 grwth
8/16/14 passed into eternal peace

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:12 am

All I have to say is WOW! People I have gotten to know and who were happy and kind and funny less than a year ago are now angry and debating. What happened? I will say this is not one side or the other, but all sides. We all need to step back and look. We all have bad things and say things we maybe shouldt, but we should be adult enough to say we messed up. I really hate this as so many I have love and respect for are now debating amongst eachother. Makes me very sad. I wish we could all discuss our feelings in a peaceful manner and I truly hope this happens as we are all here because of a common bond and that is CRC.

We should be united by CRC, not divided by belief.

Anyone who knows me knows I am not perfect and have made mistakes here, but I own up to them and apologize as we all should.

Again, I love you all and hope we can get past this and focus on the real issue, CRC.

If anyone here wants to talk or anything, rant, whatever, feel free to pm me, I'm always here to listen.

Kiwi Debz
Facebook Username: Deb Goldby

Postby Kiwi Debz » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:49 am

Regardless of what I do or do not believe this is the reason I have not posted of late. My beliefs are my business, no one else's. The supportiveness between us has diminished to a point where it is no longer useful to use the board.

There has been a lot of loss of late and that tears me up ... Maybe it does others and they lash out, search for meaning and post accordingly, I don't know ?

When I joined just over a year ago, bewildered and scared the support, knowledge and advice was phenomenal. This is what should be the case, yes?

Perhaps a more valued discussion should be for all to contribute to making a summation of what this board should stand for, what is the objective as I feel we have lost sight of that. Sure a few OT subjects are ok, needing a laugh etc but let us find the core of this forum once again and start using it as such.

I will start with my opinion
1. Exchange of knowledge re CRC, treatment discussions, doctors etc
2. Support for those both new and facing challenges in the management of this disease
3. Status updates, scan results, updates on where we are in our cycle.
Maybe it is anal to do this but our vision and the purpose has up and left.

Deb
6/14 DX mCrc stage 4
7/14 R. hemicolectomy; 4/17 LN; liver res. peri met; repair to illiac artery
8/14 FOLFOX
10/14 PET recurrence LN; liver ? Peri met Continue FOLFOX
12/14 PET: stable .Liver only! FOLFOX
02/15 Liver resection. NED
03/15 foundation One testing - BRAF mutant
05/15 progression; Hilum node; both lungs?
08/15 NED !!!!
Age 51 Mum to Tom (RIP) and Jose 18
KIA KAHA - Be strong!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”