O/T … I hesitate to post this

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Kiwi Debz
Facebook Username: Deb Goldby

Re: O/T … I hesitate to post this

Postby Kiwi Debz » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:49 pm

Wow people ... Time out !!!!

Let's get back to what this board is all about .... Pleaassse!!!
6/14 DX mCrc stage 4
7/14 R. hemicolectomy; 4/17 LN; liver res. peri met; repair to illiac artery
8/14 FOLFOX
10/14 PET recurrence LN; liver ? Peri met Continue FOLFOX
12/14 PET: stable .Liver only! FOLFOX
02/15 Liver resection. NED
03/15 foundation One testing - BRAF mutant
05/15 progression; Hilum node; both lungs?
08/15 NED !!!!
Age 51 Mum to Tom (RIP) and Jose 18
KIA KAHA - Be strong!

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:20 pm

Considering the huge fallout this last spring over a similar topic, the original post & ensuing thread (Divine) was & continues to be predictable. No amount of bantering will change that simple fact. I found the OP (Divine) inappropriate from the get go, particularly as a first from a new poster. Simple as that.
I have no feeling of ownership of this site in expressing any opinion or suggestion, (I have no dog in this fight anymore), however I do feel bad for the discord that is caused by these types of posts. I stick around to help a few, maintain a few friendships, but not necessary to participate on my part anymore. By that I mean I am not a patient, no longer a caregiver, but yes, there are some members that I continue to care about.

No doubt the moderators do their level best w/what they are given to work with, but we all make judgement calls & they all can't be right all of the time. So we just do our best & move on trying to avoid controversy where possible. Sometimes it is not possible. I still maintain that any website has room for improvement & should @ least entertain comments/suggestions from end users & their moderators in particular. Change is a journey. Just sayin.

I'm thankful this website exists, glad that tolerance is exercised so people can have their say, many thanks to the mods for their dedication.

I don't have a problem w/CR's post/thread here (not that it matters if I did) so long as he is open to what is expressed in return. So far it appears that he is. But then he also has an injury to the noggin!

Best Wishes
BS
(edited for clarification)
Last edited by bitchslapped on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSS,35YO,unresect mCRC DX 7/'14,lvr,LN,peri,rib
FOLFOX+Avstn 4 Rnds d/c 10/'14
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14
Gone From My Sight 2/20/15
Me:garden variety polyps + precancerous polyp, diverticulitis
Carergver x2 DH,DM dbl occupancy,'03-'10
DH dx 47YO mCRC,'04-'07, lvr, billiary tree fried x HAI
DM dx CC 85YO,CC,CHF,stroke,dementia,aphasia

PGLGreg

Postby PGLGreg » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 pm

bitchslapped wrote: I found the OP inappropriate from the get go. Simple as that.

That is not so simple if one can't figure out what "OP" means. The post that initiated this thread was by CRguy, which I thought was totally inappropriate (and said so), but no one seems to agree with me, or even to see the point. Then several people, including another mod, said no, "OP" didn't mean the original poster of this thread, but the OP of the Divine Healing thread. When I pointed out that the initial post of that thread was a completely innocuous first post that referred to the possibility of divine healing, then someone else said no, the "OP" meant not the first poster of that thread, but the entire thread.

I see some sloppy thinking here. If you guys must fling around accusations and threats, couldn't you at least be clear who it is that you're accusing and threatening?
Greg
stage 2a rectal cancer 11/05 at age 63
LAR 12/05 with adjuvant radiation+5FU,leucovorin 1-2/06
NED for 12 years, cured

robinkaye

Postby robinkaye » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:44 pm

PGLGreg wrote:
bitchslapped wrote: I found the OP inappropriate from the get go. Simple as that.

That is not so simple if one can't figure out what "OP" means. The post that initiated this thread was by CRguy, which I thought was totally inappropriate (and said so), but no one seems to agree with me, or even to see the point. Then several people, including another mod, said no, "OP" didn't mean the original poster of this thread, but the OP of the Divine Healing thread. When I pointed out that the initial post of that thread was a completely innocuous first post that referred to the possibility of divine healing, then someone else said no, the "OP" meant not the first poster of that thread, but the entire thread.

I see some sloppy thinking here. If you guys must fling around accusations and threats, couldn't you at least be clear who it is that you're accusing and threatening?

Greg, I saw your post where you said that CR guy was talking about a friend and defended them. I went back and read CR's post a few times. I think...and I may have it wrong, you read friend when CR said that he knew the parties he was referring to. Knowing does not necessarily imply friendship. I have read every post on what is now four threads and I haven't seen where you would disagree with CR. you seem to be pretty much a free speech guy who believes people can post whatever they want ( yes, some boundaries) but people post and others reply freely. I'm with you there, agree, disagree whatever but try to do it with respect. When a poster suggests that religious people are trying to figure out how to put a saddle on a dinosaur many are going to get riled up. It might be their right to make the comment but is it right? So, I've read what you have said and read what CR said and I don't see much difference between you.

I think the mods do just fine, often voices of reason when they get involved. They keep the spammers and such away but everyone here is an adult and can choose to participate in a conversation or not...the mods are not babysitters. People will get bored beating dead horses and the thread(s) will disappear and in a couple of months a new one will start, someone will get pissed and we'll do it again.
Husband has RC Stage IIIC
Chemorad 9/28-11/07
2 rounds FOLFOX to get rid of iliac LN
LAR Surgery 1/17 ileostomy
presacral abscess 2/1 - 3/27
FOLFOX began 4/5 - 6/15
another presacral abscess 6/30-8/10
Reversal 9/11
10/15 fistula with drain

radnyc

Postby radnyc » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:58 pm

Perhaps the moderators should change every 6 months or a year? Just a suggestion.

Al
DX Jan 2010, at age 47
Feb - colon resection - 2/17 nodes positive
April - liver mets - Stage 4
3 months Folfox chemotherapy
August '10 liver resection and HAI pump
7 months chemo FUDR HAI and Folfiri systemic
NED since August 2010
Last treatment April 2011
HAI Pump removed Dec 2015

PGLGreg

Postby PGLGreg » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:28 pm

robinkaye wrote:Greg, I saw your post where you said that CR guy was talking about a friend and defended them.

No, you didn't, because I didn't say that. There was a claim earlier in the thread that mods never pick favorites. I pointed out that the OP (that is, CRguy), quoted an email from someone and took that person's side, and threatened those who this person complained about. Favorite, not friend. He told these unnamed people to "EFF OFF". Isn't that a little rude?
Greg
NED for 12 years, cured

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:55 pm

robinkaye thank you for reading and comprehending what I actually wrote. Since I wrote the post, I guess only I can state for certain that you are correct in your reading of it !
Cheers !

PGLGreg the use of quotation marks in a post denotes a comment derived from someone else, being included as presented originally.
I draw your attention to my specific use of quotes and will leave it to you to determine, either correctly or incorrectly to whom that "quote" would rightfully be attributed.

I have also used " " to denote emphasis of particular terms, which could equally have been highlighted by bolding, italics, underline or text colour changes.

Sadly you have made numerous errors in attributing certain interpretations and "facts" to my post. Others in this topic have been diligent in exploring the subject more carefully in an attempt to engender a meaningful conversation, as opposed to furthering the dissension and acrimony.

Without pique or rancor, I choose not to continue a conversation with you on forum.
If you have personal concerns regarding me, please PM me privately.
If you have concerns requiring the attention of a Moderator please feel free to contact one of the other Moderators if you choose not to contact me, in that capacity.
Respectfully
CRguy

canadiandaughter

Postby canadiandaughter » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:59 pm

Greg, just curious. Did you find all of the comments from non believers to be in good taste in the Divine healing thread? If you reread it, can you honestly say that there is nothing said in there that isnt rude? I am not certain, but I am guessing that the poster that CRguy is referring to is the same poster that was rather rude in another thread awhile ago, threatened to leave and asked everyone to go to fb with him. Then he came back here, posted a few times, changed his name up a little and continued to be rude. I have no problem with non believers and their opinions and I would never belittle them or make fun of them. As mentioned, have a couple in my house. I feel for the moderators. They have to try and keep the peace around here and lately things have gotten fairly heated. In their defence, they have tolerated a lot!! I think it was mentioned that pms are sent and posters they feel are out of line are asked to behave. What is the next step when that doesnt work? What is your suggestion for them? We all have days when we say things we shouldn't, but when it happens time and time again it gets tiresome!!
DD to 81 year old father
dx 24/07/14 iv cc mets liver/lung
folifiri started 19/07/14
shrinkage of all mets
growth in the liver,started folfox/avastin 80% 13/01/16
reduced to 70% due to side effects 27/01/16
First scan on folfox shows shrinkage in lungs, but liver just stable
6 rounds of vectibix-fail. 3cm growth and new spots showing Waiting for panel recommendations
At peace January 8, 2017

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:19 pm

PGLGreg wrote:He told these unnamed people to "EFF OFF". Isn't that a little rude?

It could be perceived that way, certainly. I must admit I'm a little afraid of CRguy after his post :shock: ...especially looking the way he does :twisted: I'd better go undercover & set up a new moniker :o
BTW, to some of us, pique is a fabric so I had to look it up. My brain needed the exercise anyway. I see we travel in different circles. :wink: You may have a pique (textured cotton) polo shirt in your closet.

BS
Last edited by bitchslapped on Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSS,35YO,unresect mCRC DX 7/'14,lvr,LN,peri,rib
FOLFOX+Avstn 4 Rnds d/c 10/'14
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14
Gone From My Sight 2/20/15
Me:garden variety polyps + precancerous polyp, diverticulitis
Carergver x2 DH,DM dbl occupancy,'03-'10
DH dx 47YO mCRC,'04-'07, lvr, billiary tree fried x HAI
DM dx CC 85YO,CC,CHF,stroke,dementia,aphasia

justin case

Postby justin case » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:32 pm

bitchslapped wrote:Considering the huge fallout this last spring over a similar topic, the original post & ensuing thread (Divine) was & continues to be predictable. No amount of bantering will change that simple fact. I found the OP (Divine) inappropriate from the get go, particularly as a first from a new poster. Simple as that.
I have no feeling of ownership of this site in expressing any opinion or suggestion, (I have no dog in this fight anymore), however I do feel bad for the discord that is caused by these types of posts. I stick around to help a few, maintain a few friendships, but not necessary to participate on my part anymore. By that I mean I am not a patient, no longer a caregiver, but yes, there are some members that I continue to care about.

No doubt the moderators do their level best w/what they are given to work with, but we all make judgement calls & they all can't be right all of the time. So we just do our best & move on trying to avoid controversy where possible. Sometimes it is not possible. I still maintain that any website has room for improvement & should @ least entertain comments/suggestions from end users & their moderators in particular. Change is a journey. Just sayin.

I'm thankful this website exists, glad that tolerance is exercised so people can have their say, many thanks to the mods for their dedication.

I don't have a problem w/CR's post/thread here (not that it matters if I did) so long as he is open to what is expressed in return. So far it appears that he is. But then he also has an injury to the noggin!

Best Wishes
BS
(edited for clarification)

HA!
Even with the noggin injured, the nomenclature contributed is perfect for the situation!
Bro Nut
Last edited by justin case on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7/11 diagnosed Stage 2 colon and rectal cancer
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
21 round of chemo Folfox 9tx, 5fu 12 tx
Last treatment July 2012

PGLGreg

Postby PGLGreg » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:42 pm

canadiandaughter wrote:Greg, just curious. Did you find all of the comments from non believers to be in good taste in the Divine healing thread? If you reread it, can you honestly say that there is nothing said in there that isnt rude?

I have no judgment to offer about what is in good or bad taste. I don't think opinions about taste should be used to cloak efforts to suppress people's opinions or to justify threatening them with banning. People who become outraged because someone said something mean to them should grow up. This is the Net -- it's just what it's like. Note the irritation, make your judgment about the poster, skip the rest of the post, and move on. Using someone else's rudeness as a pretext for intimidation and threats is ever so much worse.
Greg
NED for 12 years, cured

canadiandaughter

Postby canadiandaughter » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:31 pm

PGLGreg wrote:
canadiandaughter wrote:Greg, just curious. Did you find all of the comments from non believers to be in good taste in the Divine healing thread? If you reread it, can you honestly say that there is nothing said in there that isnt rude?

I have no judgment to offer about what is in good or bad taste. I don't think opinions about taste should be used to cloak efforts to suppress people's opinions or to justify threatening them with banning. People who become outraged because someone said something mean to them should grow up. This is the Net -- it's just what it's like. Note the irritation, make your judgment about the poster, skip the rest of the post, and move on. Using someone else's rudeness as a pretext for intimidation and threats is ever so much worse.

I guess what you just said could be taken another way! Don't use judgement against those of us with faith. Note the irritation and stay away from the thread then we wouldnt get the posts that are mean. THere has to be some form of control here, or things will get out of hand. Its sad that someone cannot grow up and quit posting nasty comments when warned that they have to be threatened with removal. After all, yes this is the net, but we are all adults here! Although I was called a name because I found some comments rude, baby I think it was! I don't recall ever saying anything mean about non believers! Respect is something we all deserve.
DD to 81 year old father
dx 24/07/14 iv cc mets liver/lung
folifiri started 19/07/14
shrinkage of all mets
growth in the liver,started folfox/avastin 80% 13/01/16
reduced to 70% due to side effects 27/01/16
First scan on folfox shows shrinkage in lungs, but liver just stable
6 rounds of vectibix-fail. 3cm growth and new spots showing Waiting for panel recommendations
At peace January 8, 2017

Rob in PA

Postby Rob in PA » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:07 pm

Mastan wrote:I make a point of never discussing religion or politics with my own family members. As Colon Club participants we could loosely consider ourselves as a family ergo ....

Regards,

Mark

...ditto for me!
dx 11/07 crc IIIb @ 39
Xelox/Rad/ temp colostomy
LAR/J-pouch/ temp ileo
Folfox-8
Failed reversal
2/09 liver mets; liver resect/ileo reversal
Folfiri/Avastin - 12
2/11 5 lung mets
Folfiri/Avastin 2011
SBRT 3/12
Lung met 5/13/ said NO to more chemo
SBRT 8/13
2 lung mets 5/14, VATS 8/14, NED

robinkaye

Postby robinkaye » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:41 pm

PGLGreg wrote:
robinkaye wrote:Greg, I saw your post where you said that CR guy was talking about a friend and defended them.

No, you didn't, because I didn't say that. There was a claim earlier in the thread that mods never pick favorites. I pointed out that the OP (that is, CRguy), quoted an email from someone and took that person's side, and threatened those who this person complained about. Favorite, not friend. He told these unnamed people to "EFF OFF". Isn't that a little rude?

Greg, I'm sorry, for some reason I remembered friend instead of favorite. I looked at it as the same thing. I was trying to support not attack you. I think there is a semantics problem going on. You want freedom, CR wants freedom and in his position he has to make sure that some of the insults being thrown around do not tear the board apart and stop the free flow of ideas. Again, sorry, didn't mean to piss you off.
Husband has RC Stage IIIC
Chemorad 9/28-11/07
2 rounds FOLFOX to get rid of iliac LN
LAR Surgery 1/17 ileostomy
presacral abscess 2/1 - 3/27
FOLFOX began 4/5 - 6/15
another presacral abscess 6/30-8/10
Reversal 9/11
10/15 fistula with drain

Maggie Nell

Postby Maggie Nell » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:05 pm

bitchslapped wrote:
You may have a pique (textured cotton) polo shirt in your closet.

BS

Um......does colon cancer research receive funding from Lacoste? In light of how the
French supported Americans in their progress towards freedom & independence, you might not want to bag
their greatest contribution to fashion. :wink: :P
DX April 2015, @ 54
35mm poorly diff. tumour, incidental finding following emergency R. hemicolectomy
for ileo-colic intussusception.
Lymph nodes: 0/22
T3 N0 MX
Stage II CRC, no adjuvant chemo required.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”