Divine Healing

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
KimT

Re: Divine Healing

Postby KimT » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:35 pm

kennytwisted wrote:If anyone was interested in unbiased moderation this thread would be nuked and not encouraged.

For my friends who inquired as to why I don't post or visit much, this is precisely why. None of us should even have a clue as to each others religious preferences. That's what Sunday's are for.

I respectfully disagree. When I was in a nursing school, I took a class entitled people and religion at the advice of my academic advisor. I really found it to be helpful in my career as a nurse because a person's spirituality and/or religion does affect their healthcare choices and how they deal with health crisises. And colonclub is a support forum. I don't think it's up to any one of us to define or limit how another person seeks support. IMO there is room for all of us here.

With all due respect, I wonder why you even opened the thread if you knew it was going to upset you. There was a time when I could get fired up on this board but anymore my give a damn is broke. I just don't have the energy or care to get upset about something on here. I figure if I can't respond in a supportive or positive way, I need to back out of the thread and move on. I lived in Thailand for a few years. The Thais have an expression called Mai pben rai, meaning never mind or let it go. It's an attitude I try to practice.

Anywho, I'm not calling you out, out of snark. I truly enjoy your presence here. I enjoy your sense of humor and I hope you do come around more. I am a Christian and even i would say it isn't polite to interject my Christian views in the middle of a thread. I do think people should feel safe to start discussions without being preached at. On that same token though, I think people should be able to start discussions of a religious nature.

So stick around. Be you. We need all kinds on this board. Kennytwisted might be exactly the person someone needs to get through this.
2/10 dx colon cancer
right hemicolectomy 3/19/10
Stage 2a 0/43 nodes
Lynch syndrome
3/14/10 colon resection/ removal of metal clips
Nov 11 dx ovarian cancer

jortego128

Postby jortego128 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:54 pm

kennytwisted wrote::roll:
EXCELLENT, first post. Spreading false hope to people with real issues.

Spreading false hope by taking my Christian mother to church and encouraging her to read the Gospel of John? How does praying for healing while at the same time preparing yourself spiritually to be ready if those prayers are not answered qualify as "spreading false hope"?

Dont even bother answering that. Im not telling anyone here what they should do, but only what Im doing. Believing in Christ may = false hope to you, but it doesnt to me. One of the biggest parts of being a Christian is learning to accept and even embrace our mortality and/or suffering-- of the three greatest saints in the bible, two were beheaded and one was crucified.

Its not like I dont scour books and the internet daily for possible treatments that may cure her. Instead of taking my mom to Church and encourage her to read the Gospels, would you have me leave her at home and repeatedly quote 5 year survival statistics using standard treatment for patients with her condition? Im sure that would give her a lot of hope. Or perhaps would you rather she give up all hope?
DM 57 yrs old dx 6/8/15 T:4a N:1b M:1
KRAS G12D and TP53 C242fs mutations
Poorly Differentiated, Prominent Signet Ring Component(~50%)
Microsatellite Stable, 3 of (13)lymph nodes positive
15 Liver mets, largest 3.2 cm
Prim. Resection, Right Hemicolectomy 6/21/15
Start Chemo 7/20/15
2 rounds FOLFOX, 1 round FOLFOX +Avastin
CT 8/28/15, met growth, largest 4.5cm
4 rounds FOLFOX+Avastin
CT 11/06/15 mets stable, lungs clear
Begin FOLFIRI+Avastin 11/17/15, Stop chemo 1/26/16
Entered Paradise 3/11/2016

jortego128

Postby jortego128 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:05 pm

kennytwisted wrote:For my friends who inquired as to why I don't post or visit much, this is precisely why. None of us should even have a clue as to each others religious preferences. That's what Sunday's are for.

Why?? Because you say so? For someone who seems to be annoyed by those "pushing" their religious beliefs on others (havent seen anyone on this thread push anything on anyone yet, just sharing their thoughts and beliefs), you sure dont seem to have any problems "pushing" your own views to everyone.

If this thread offends you so much, by all means feel free to stop reading and posting responses on it. :roll:
Start Chemo 7/20/15
4 rounds FOLFOX+Avastin

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:02 pm

jennlaud wrote:Yikes I didn't mean to cause an uproar. My intentions were good. If I offended anyone I am sorry. It honestly helped me so I thought I would share my experience as this is a support group?! I wish nothing the best for all you guys.

Don't mind Kenny, he is a great person even if his comment hurt you. It's hard at times when people feel and are going through all this crap.

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:08 pm

jortego128 wrote:
kennytwisted wrote:For my friends who inquired as to why I don't post or visit much, this is precisely why. None of us should even have a clue as to each others religious preferences. That's what Sunday's are for.

Why?? Because you say so? For someone who seems to be annoyed by those "pushing" their religious beliefs on others (havent seen anyone on this thread push anything on anyone yet, just sharing their thoughts and beliefs), you sure dont seem to have any problems "pushing" your own views to everyone.

If this thread offends you so much, by all means feel free to stop reading and posting responses on it. :roll:

Again, sorry if his comment upset you, Kenny is truly a great person. He has went through alot and currently is. He can be one of the nicest and funniest here. As you can see, religion sadly can push buttons on both sides. Most try to not talk much about it for this reason.

Annemiek

Postby Annemiek » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:02 am

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, personally don't mind strong opinions either side. :D and everything in between. If you don't want to join in, don't read the topic.
If you post, expect different opinions.

That's all.

Annemiek.

43 yr mum of a girl aged 7
10/2014 coloncancer stage IIIc
11/2014 HIPEC, tumor removed + 12 positive out of 60 ln
hysterectomy, abdominal lining partly removed
Peridonitus, stoma fitted, 6 abcesses drained in abdomen
MSS, kras
3/2015 Folfox, someones playing kill Bill inside me
9/2015 finished 12 rounds,
First scan results: NED!!!!!!!!!
4/2016 ct scan: NED!!!
7/2016 ultrasound: NED
10/2016 cr scan: NED
5/2017 ultrasound: NED 2,5 yrs!
CEA 8/2017 1.8 stable.
CT scan 11/2017 NED! 3 yrs
CEA 1.9

KWT

Postby KWT » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:03 pm

jortego128 wrote:.

Thanks for the advice newb, what have you been here twenty four hours? Your opinion means less than nothing to me. After you've been through a few surgeries, radiation, chemo etc. then let me know how you deal with B.S. Oh wait, you don't have cancer :roll:

KWT

Postby KWT » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:32 pm

KimT wrote:With all due respect, I wonder why you even opened the thread if you knew it was going to upset you.

That makes two of us Kim. One should speak up for what they believe though, you guys sure do. The problem is when I speak out its apparently not on the RIGHT side.

radnyc

Postby radnyc » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:42 pm

I'm with you Kenny. I find this thread is useful and has been conducted respectfully by all.
DX Jan 2010, at age 47
Feb - colon resection - 2/17 nodes positive
April - liver mets - Stage 4
3 months Folfox chemotherapy
August '10 liver resection and HAI pump
7 months chemo FUDR HAI and Folfiri systemic
NED since August 2010
Last treatment April 2011
HAI Pump removed Dec 2015

KWT

Postby KWT » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:47 pm

In the words of a not so wise man (Donald trump) " I don't have time to be politically correct" lol.

jalusa

Postby jalusa » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:59 pm

It seems to me that it is almost inevetable that religion show up on forum about something as heavy as Cancer.

I think there should be room for it.
Hoping to get to resection with HAI pump.
Failed PVE - Searching for options
Chemo for life

KWT

Postby KWT » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:10 pm

jalusa wrote:It seems to me that it is almost inevetable that religion show up on forum about something as heavy as Cancer.

Yes it does, and drug rehabs etc. the best way to indoctrinate is to get someone when they're very young or down on their luck, at their weakest.

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:57 pm

jennlaud wrote:
jennlaud wrote:Yikes I didn't mean to cause an uproar. My intentions were good. If I offended anyone I am sorry. It honestly helped me so I thought I would share my experience as this is a support group?! I wish nothing the best for all you guys.
Anyways I am all clear and wanted to share some information on Divine healing. I am not pushing it on anyone, but wanted to share what has helped me. Joseph Prince is a good person that talks about it. Kenneth E Hagin was on his death bed. Doctors told him he had months to live and he started confessing healing scriptures he lived 70 more years
Another good book is "Healed by cancer" By Dottie Olsteen. Great insight! She was told she had weeks to live finding 4 liver tumors back in 1981. She is alive to this day!

Like I said, I am not pushing this on anyone,but If anyone wants anymore information on it let me know!

As a newbie & first poster, I'm sure you didn't realize this might cause an uproar...exactly why I suggested that expressing one's beliefs maybe wasn't the way to go until one gets a "feel" for any given forum. We don't always think things through on how we may come across to others. Though I share Jaynee's beliefs, I will just say that the original post could be taken as a bit sanctimonious. That's how it came across to me anyhow. I'm about twice your age & have had my mother, husband, stepson...all w/colon cancer & another stepson w/Lynch Syndrome. DH died @ 51, DSS died @ age 35 of cancer. Heart disease took my father, brother, brother-in-law...all under 50. Another brother died @ 62 of a heart attack after collecting his first Social Security Retirement check. Heart disease took my mother at age 96. I'm still around, though can't think of a good reason for it considering my family history. So are two other brothers & two other sisters. Does this suggest that our beliefs were better than the rest of my family or that my mother was the most devout? She probably was, but I don't think that mattered. The last 10 years of her life I took care of her here in my home, along w/my DH & she had dementia from a stroke. That's about as cruel as it gets as far as robbing you of your speech, mental capacity, life's memories & meaningful functionality.

You don't articulate how "IT" helped you, but certainly am glad you have achieved NED @ a Stage 3 dx. However, there are many Stage IV patients here who are enduring great pain & suffering, endless procedures, the wrath of cancer/chemo, searching for answers to survive & become NED. Then there are those of us that are mourning recent losses. Your post could be read as suggesting if people believed enough, prayed enough, etc., learned about Divine Healing through those books as you have, that they too, could enjoy the possibility of NED such as yourself or an extended life as the authors you mention. If the books will help prevent my DSS w/Lynch Syndrome from getting cancer or dying of cancer @ a young age like his brother, or my 7 year old grandson, I'll definitely get them, but life eternal does not exist on this earth. We don't get to pick & choose the when & how.

I just don't really understand your point.

jalusa wrote:It seems to me that it is almost inevetable that religion show up on forum about something as heavy as Cancer.

In about 3 weeks, I will have been a member of CT for one year, @ which time I won't consider myself a "newbie" anymore, though that didn't really deter me too much from jumping in w/all fours a few times (after awhile). :D There is room for it, but not a lot & the manner in which one believes or doesn't believe can bring differing opinions & extreme controversy @ times...doesn't usually end very well from what I've seen or appear to have helped anyone. People here are looking for science-based answers to a cure. How one believes in God or the power of prayer or any snake-oil alternatives doesn't bode very well here in my observations.

Best Wishes
bitchslapped
DSS,35YO,unresect mCRC DX 7/'14,lvr,LN,peri,rib
FOLFOX+Avstn 4 Rnds d/c 10/'14
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14
Gone From My Sight 2/20/15
Me:garden variety polyps + precancerous polyp, diverticulitis
Carergver x2 DH,DM dbl occupancy,'03-'10
DH dx 47YO mCRC,'04-'07, lvr, billiary tree fried x HAI
DM dx CC 85YO,CC,CHF,stroke,dementia,aphasia

NZJay

Postby NZJay » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:34 pm

I think it's great some people are able to find comfort in religion.

I find comfort in positive thinking, shitty movies, and booze 8).

To each their own coping mechanisms and comfort blankets; in general life, sickness and health!
11-13 Dx CC
SPS T4b(touched stomach organ),N1(3/23),M0(Stage 3B)
11-13: resect + partial gastrect
2-14: 1 Tx Cape + Oxy; renal failure, colitis
4-14: 7 Tx Capecitabine
1-15: clear CT
7-15: clear scope
1-16: clear CT
3-17: clear CT
10-17: clear scope (5 year gap now!)
CEA@dx: 8.4 / 6-15: 4.0 / 10-15: 4.2 / 2-16: 4.9 / 7-16: 4.9 / 11-16: 5.0 / 6-17: 4.5
NED since resection

jortego128

Postby jortego128 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:29 pm

kennytwisted wrote:Thanks for the advice newb, what have you been here twenty four hours? Your opinion means less than nothing to me. After you've been through a few surgeries, radiation, chemo etc. then let me know how you deal with B.S. Oh wait, you don't have cancer :roll:

Time spent as an active member on an internet forum really shouldnt have any bearing on the weight you give to someones opinion. I understand you've been through a lot of psychological and physical suffering, and Im very sorry about that. Im not claiming to have gone through the same as you, though your statement above seems to belittle what I am going through, as though its nothing, because its not me with the cancer. Trust me, I love my mother enough that I would give my life up to save her-- so regardless of what you're going through, it doesnt make my situation insignificant.

Im here to give and receive support, not to insult and be insulted. Thats not how I treat people in real life, and thats not how I treat people on discussion forums. Calling me newb and belittling my families situation doesnt help you, me or anyone else. Regardless of anyones situation, lifes too short and precious to treat people that way, IMO. I sincerely hope we can continue to discuss things here and be civil to each other, and that is my intention going forward.
Start Chemo 7/20/15
4 rounds FOLFOX+Avastin

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”