Divine Healing

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Nik Colon

Re: Divine Healing

Postby Nik Colon » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:05 pm

Cj51 wrote:
KWT wrote:
ritz75 wrote:I really don't understand what you guys are looking for when you post your God stuff? Do you want to argue, have the last word? What?

I can only speak for myself, but in this case, I wanted to put a stop to the mean spirited bashing that was gaining momentum in the thread. I don't require that people agree with me, or believe as I do (and in reality, nobody here actually knows what I believe). But denigrating those with Christian beliefs, implying that they are unintelligent, can't read, or charging that the God they worship condones all manner of horrible things--this stuff is only said to insult and hurt those who hold those beliefs. There can be no other reason for it. What are you looking for when you post that kind of thing, or pile on after someone else does?

The only time I actually post on this subject is in response to something particularly outrageous or nasty. Otherwise, the "worst" you might hear from me otherwise is "My prayers are with you" or something like that, when someone gets horrible news. Is that so bad that I need to be attacked over it? Some people think so--there was a whole thread on just that awhile back--not regarding me, personally, but regarding the offering of prayers as a form of good wishes. Really.

I totally agree with Bitchslapped's comment
What also seems to crop up here @ times is a special kind of cruelness vs a difference of opinion

Why do I keep posting? Because if I don't, then it makes it look like that's OK. And it's not. It's really, really not. And that needs to be said every time it happens. This place has been a wealth of information for many people, a place to come after the shock of diagnosis and take a breath and figure out how they're going to deal with this, medically, physically, emotionally and sometimes, spiritually. I really don't want to see the tone of the board be such that some people are turned away immediately, just because of their beliefs. It would be a shame.

Peace.

Cj

Just wanted to point out that was Kenny comment, not mine, you may want to check the one that says KWT, I believe that was your reply? Make sure you check posts before posting, especially when quoting.

Cj51

Postby Cj51 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:54 pm

I'm sorry, Ritz, I don't use quotes very often, and didn't realize how that was going to look. My apologies.
DX Stage IIIb RC, T3N1M0, April 2010, 51
6 wks Xelox/rad 6/10
resection, temp illeostomy 8/10 Complete response!
12 rounds FOLFOX for clean up 9/10, Allergic to Oxi, started Xeloda only 12/10
Ileo takedown 9/28/11
4/2020 NED

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:56 pm

Cj51 wrote:I'm sorry, Ritz, I don't use quotes very often, and didn't realize how that was going to look. My apologies.

It's ok, it happens, just wanted to let you know

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:26 pm

Sorry, I didn't want to post here again but I feel I need to. This is just from me. Kenny is a very sweet person if you get to know him. I understand if some get upset by some of his commets, but believe me when I say there is more behind his words. He was one of the first people I friended on here and liked to crack jokes which I love. I am a believer and he is not, yet we get along great. Please everyone, lets please stop and move on, let this place get back to being informative and pleasant (and even fun at times, we all need to laugh sometimes, I know I do)

Sorry Kenny, I just had to say someting as your friend, hope I didn't upset you.
Last edited by Nik Colon on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:41 pm

Ontario Guy wrote:Shortly after my father died, one of my students’ parents expressed her condolences to me and told me she had asked her parish priest to say mass for him. Even after I explained that my family wasn’t Roman Catholic the mass went ahead as planned. I went. It took place around sunset in an gorgeous 18th century Québec chapel, out in the country southeast of Montreal. Beautiful. It was a very moving event and I was grateful for the gesture.

I have no religion, but that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate someone else’s.

OG

That's a really refreshing story. Thank you for sharing, & no, you would not have been expected to attend. Very gracious of you.

Regards
bs
DSS,35YO,unresect mCRC DX 7/'14,lvr,LN,peri,rib
FOLFOX+Avstn 4 Rnds d/c 10/'14
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14
Gone From My Sight 2/20/15
Me:garden variety polyps + precancerous polyp, diverticulitis
Carergver x2 DH,DM dbl occupancy,'03-'10
DH dx 47YO mCRC,'04-'07, lvr, billiary tree fried x HAI
DM dx CC 85YO,CC,CHF,stroke,dementia,aphasia

KWT

Postby KWT » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:56 am

canadiandaughter

Postby canadiandaughter » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:19 pm

Wow, that was totally out of line. TIme to lock this one down please admin!! There is NO need for the rudeness that has been present here in some of the posts. I don't understand why people can't behave like adults and at least be polite. We all have our battles, some have nothing to do with cancer, so the least we can do is treat others with some common decency! This board needs a fresh start. We have lost so many dear members to this damn disease and now we are loosing some because they are sick of the bull shit. Lets try and put an end to it and get back to helping one another.
DD to 81 year old father
dx 24/07/14 iv cc mets liver/lung
folifiri started 19/07/14
shrinkage of all mets
growth in the liver,started folfox/avastin 80% 13/01/16
reduced to 70% due to side effects 27/01/16
First scan on folfox shows shrinkage in lungs, but liver just stable
6 rounds of vectibix-fail. 3cm growth and new spots showing Waiting for panel recommendations
At peace January 8, 2017

PGLGreg

Postby PGLGreg » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:09 pm

canadiandaughter wrote:Wow, that was totally out of line. TIme to lock this one down please admin!! There is NO need for the rudeness that has been present here in some of the posts.

Why are believers such babies?
Greg
stage 2a rectal cancer 11/05 at age 63
LAR 12/05 with adjuvant radiation+5FU,leucovorin 1-2/06
NED for 12 years, cured

Cj51

Postby Cj51 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:52 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by Cj51 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
6 wks Xelox/rad 6/10
Ileo takedown 9/28/11
4/2020 NED

PGLGreg

Postby PGLGreg » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:55 pm

Cj51 wrote: I'm not sure what it is about "play nice" that you're not getting, but PCLGreg's last comment just illustrates it beautifully. Anyone who lets it slip that they have a religious belief is subject to attack and there's no consequence for it.

I let it slip that I'm an atheist, and now you're attacking me, but that's okay, right? Have any of the atheists among us suggested censoring any thread, to keep people from expressing their beliefs? Have I ever proposed locking a thread to keep anyone from expressing their disagreement with me? No, I haven't. I never would, because I believe in freedom of expression.
Greg
NED for 12 years, cured

canadiandaughter

Postby canadiandaughter » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:05 pm

PGLGreg wrote:
canadiandaughter wrote:Wow, that was totally out of line. TIme to lock this one down please admin!! There is NO need for the rudeness that has been present here in some of the posts.

Why are believers such babies?

I don't think we are babies. I just dont understand why someone with such a chip on their shoulder in regards to god or faith of any kind would even venture into a post labeled divine healing. Why also do the comments have to be so rude? Totally uncalled for. I could really give a rats ass if you believe in god or not. Each to their own. I don't think most of the posters in here ever preached that you need faith to get by. The message I personally have been trying share is that some of us get through the shit we are dealt by leaning on our faith. The first thing I do when times are bad is pray for strength. It just seems that some get great joy out of making fun of others because of their faith and that is a crying shame. THis board is about colon cancer not about who does and doesnt believe. Cancer doesnt discriminate against anyone!! It has touched every single person on this board in one way or another. Why is it so wrong for some to find strength and healing in god? I don't recall anyone saying that god will strike you down if you don't believe. The original poster was not asking for your opinions on her faith. She was sharing her belief. If you want an atheist thread, go ahead and make one! I would hope anyone with faith would not go in and make fun of you for your belief as you are allowed to have them. As I have said, I have two of them in my house and we have never gone after each other for our beliefs. We accept each other the way we are! This is my last post. If you have something to say to me, better make it a pm as I will not be responding on this topic again. It would be nice if a few others would realize when it is time to call it quits as well!
DD to 81 year old father
dx 24/07/14 iv cc mets liver/lung
folifiri started 19/07/14
shrinkage of all mets
growth in the liver,started folfox/avastin 80% 13/01/16
reduced to 70% due to side effects 27/01/16
First scan on folfox shows shrinkage in lungs, but liver just stable
6 rounds of vectibix-fail. 3cm growth and new spots showing Waiting for panel recommendations
At peace January 8, 2017

Cj51

Postby Cj51 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:28 pm

PGLGreg, just how am I attacking you?
Have I questioned your intelligence, implied that you can't read, said anything at all that would offend you personally, besides asking that your opinions about my beliefs be expressed in a less vicious fashion? How is calling me a baby advancing mutual understanding and tolerance for each other's beliefs? The fact that you are an atheist doesn't offend me at all, something I can't say about you with regards to my belief. I'm not calling for a thread lockdown, I'm just asking for a bit of mutual respect for each other's beliefs. I'm asking that perhaps you could find it in your heart to just give me a break from the name calling and mean spirited comments.

How is that attacking you?

Cj
6 wks Xelox/rad 6/10
Ileo takedown 9/28/11
4/2020 NED

PGLGreg

Postby PGLGreg » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:05 pm

Cj51 wrote:... asking that your opinions about my beliefs be expressed in a less vicious fashion?

Was I really vicious?
Greg
NED for 12 years, cured

Cj51

Postby Cj51 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:16 pm

In calling believers babies? LOL, of course not. But taken in context, considering the things that were said before (admittedly not by you), it seemed you were saying that we should accept all of that as OK. If you look back at some of the nastier stuff, can you really say that we should accept it without comment? You might even agree with some of it, and that's fine--but is it OK to say it that way in the public forum? Can you honestly say that this creates an environment where the people who come here feel that it's safe to stick around and ask questions, and be who they are without worrying that they might be attacked for it? I really think that's important. People come here pretty scared, and sometimes we show a little more of ourselves on a forum like this than on one where, say, they're discussing how to brew beer, or gardening or audio components. Here, we're discussing our mortality, and that hits some pretty deep nerves. Newbies should be cut some slack. But those of us who've been around awhile should be calm enough to realize that name calling and mocking comments about other people's beliefs are hurtful and can make people feel that they're not welcome. The people who come in scared are the people who read, and learn, and hopefully stick around to share their experiences and knowledge with others. I'm not saying we should condone wholesale campaigns to evangelize. That would be just as bad for the forum. I'm just saying we should accept that people have various beliefs and refrain from obvious mocking, belittling, and challenging of them. I'm not just talking about Atheists, either--I'd say if we can ALL agree to set the bar a bit higher with regards to being tolerant of other people's beliefs, maybe we can learn from each other and be less likely to end up in threads like this. And sometimes, it's OK to just not click on threads that you just know will annoy the heck out of you.
6 wks Xelox/rad 6/10
Ileo takedown 9/28/11
4/2020 NED

ccmc

Notice : Colon Club Moderator Committee

Postby ccmc » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:21 am

This topic has been referred to the Colon Club Moderator Committee for review.

Posts which are negative, inflammatory and derogatory in nature should be removed by the poster immediately.
Any new posts which are intended to disrupt this topic will be removed without notice along with any remaining posts of that nature. Any new topics which continue this behavior will be removed without notice.
Any member not complying with this simple request for co-operation will be referred to the Forum Administration for perpetuating ... "objectionable content as determined by The Colon Club, in its sole discretion"

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”