Divine Healing

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Nik Colon

Re: Divine Healing

Postby Nik Colon » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:33 am

Ok I better shut up now before I get in trouble again lol :twisted:

jalusa

Postby jalusa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:22 am

I think the solution is pretty basic.

Go ahead and respond, but as you do so, ask yourself if your response is respectful.
Hoping to get to resection with HAI pump.
Failed PVE - Searching for options
Chemo for life

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:26 am

I do my best to be respectful. If others think it's not I apologize as that is never my intention

jalusa

Postby jalusa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:53 am

Nikki, you have always been respectful.
Hoping to get to resection with HAI pump.
Failed PVE - Searching for options
Chemo for life

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:13 pm

jalusa wrote:Nikki, you have always been respectful.

Thank you :)

annalexandria

Postby annalexandria » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:36 pm

I've been on this forum for a number of years, although not always very active. The religion issue has indeed come up on several occasions, and it always gets contentious. What I've noticed is that no one ever gets upset if someone says " I'm praying for you" or "please pray for me"...rather generic statements of religiosity don't seem to cause much of a problem.

What does cause conflict is when the discussion turns to such things as "divine healing", the concept that God may choose to save one person, based on prayer, while allowing another to die. The second half of this statement is not always explicit, but it is indeed implied. And that's where people get upset, in my experience...the suggestion that somehow certain people can be saved from a physical illness solely through their spirituality can seem very offensive to some, even those who are religious.

I think religious expressions in general are fine, but when one moves into the realm of making claims of cure based on religion, one shouldn't be surprised when some people get hostile.
Mom, librarian
Dx age 43, Sept. '09, Stage IV Carcinosarcoma of the colon
5 surgeries, 2009-2011:
colon/sm. bowel res., node removal, peritoneum, hysterectomy
FOLFOX/Avastin Feb.'10-Aug '10
Carbo-Taxol Dec. '10-Feb. 2011
NED since Dec. 2011.

purplerose34

Postby purplerose34 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:30 pm

Hi .... what an interesting thread. ...
i never really thought that talking about divine healing can be upsetting for others.... but I guess you have a point.. I believe very strongly in it and the strength and feelings of happiness it gives me just make me want to share the experience. Its llike how I get really excited talking about my chemo drugs and reading positive case studies where the drugs worked. I think prayer can be such a powerful and healing thing encapsulating my drugs, supplements and other efforts.
The one thing that my faith helped me with is getting rid of the fear. I was so scared of death and leaving my mum and my husband behind and prayer got rid of the fear ( most of the time :) .
Currently I am not scared and can enjoy life despite work not allowing me to return. As soon as there is ssomething in the liver everyone just freaks out . I love reading people's histories and how they fighting their liver tumours and winning many battles. Amazing.
Feb 2015 Diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer at 34 years old.
4/2/15. Surgery ... removal of primary tumor and mets to ovary. Temporary ileosyomy
March 2015... diagnosed with multiple mets to the liver
April 2015... started Folfox and Panitumumab
completed 12 cycles in September.
Clear ct in October
clear Pet and clear liver MRI
currently ned

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:21 pm

I never freaked about my liver, was I supposed to? Lol, but I truly didnt. It was what it was, now gone and hopefully forever :)

jortego128

Postby jortego128 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:22 pm

purplerose34 wrote:Hi .... what an interesting thread. ...
i never really thought that talking about divine healing can be upsetting for others.... but I guess you have a point.. I believe very strongly in it and the strength and feelings of happiness it gives me just make me want to share the experience. Its llike how I get really excited talking about my chemo drugs and reading positive case studies where the drugs worked. I think prayer can be such a powerful and healing thing encapsulating my drugs, supplements and other efforts.
The one thing that my faith helped me with is getting rid of the fear. I was so scared of death and leaving my mum and my husband behind and prayer got rid of the fear ( most of the time :) .
Currently I am not scared and can enjoy life despite work not allowing me to return. As soon as there is ssomething in the liver everyone just freaks out . I love reading people's histories and how they fighting their liver tumours and winning many battles. Amazing.

Hey there purplerose, great to hear you are staying strong/not letting it get to you! I can only imagine the strength and resolve it takes, as I dont have it myself, but am here for my mom. She, like you, had primary resection but her initial dx in June of this year also showed 15 liver tumors deemed unresectable. Despite not having cancer myself, I was inconsolable for the first month or so, despite my faith, and had to get on Zoloft at the insistence of my wife. That, along with time, lots of prayer, and the info and stories on this forum, have helped me accept the situation.

Like you, my mom was put on the hard stuff (FOLFOX) from the start, 4 weeks after surgery, and is currently on her 4th round (home with the 5FU pump). Avastin was added at the 3rd round. Her CEA had been slowly increasing for the first 2 rounds but has shown a marked decrease on the tests prior to the 4th round, I am praying she will continue to respond to the treatment. Will do the same for you!
DM 57 yrs old dx 6/8/15 T:4a N:1b M:1
KRAS G12D and TP53 C242fs mutations
Poorly Differentiated, Prominent Signet Ring Component(~50%)
Microsatellite Stable, 3 of (13)lymph nodes positive
15 Liver mets, largest 3.2 cm
Prim. Resection, Right Hemicolectomy 6/21/15
Start Chemo 7/20/15
2 rounds FOLFOX, 1 round FOLFOX +Avastin
CT 8/28/15, met growth, largest 4.5cm
4 rounds FOLFOX+Avastin
CT 11/06/15 mets stable, lungs clear
Begin FOLFIRI+Avastin 11/17/15, Stop chemo 1/26/16
Entered Paradise 3/11/2016

purplerose34

Postby purplerose34 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:06 am

Jortego128 all the best to your mum and many blessings to her. I often think thewwhole cancer thing must be much harder for husbands and kids and parents as it is for the person ? . I wish so much my husband would not have to go through this. I feel awful having to share bad news about treatment etc with him. I used to hide letter wiith palliative care written on it now we are just honest with each other much better approach. :wink:

Mr nick colon.....i have been reading your posts over the past few months and have found them so helpful and learnt much from it. Thank you for this.
Feb 2015 Diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer at 34 years old.
4/2/15. Surgery ... removal of primary tumor and mets to ovary. Temporary ileosyomy
March 2015... diagnosed with multiple mets to the liver
April 2015... started Folfox and Panitumumab
completed 12 cycles in September.
Clear ct in October
clear Pet and clear liver MRI
currently ned

trbiggins
Facebook Username: Richard Biggins

Postby trbiggins » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:36 pm

Why can't people let others believe as they choose? I am a firm believer in Jesus as my savior and I know that one day I'll spend eternity in Heaven. Does this make me any better than anyone else? Of course not. All I can say is the person I once was I'm not anymore. I am no better than the worst person in the world. Just forgiven, that's all. Some people don't believe in forgiveness, but hey, that's you. I am no one's judge. I choose to live a life morally taught by Christ. It doesn't come from within because that would mean everyone is right according to their own inner feelings and I don't believe the majority of opinion in always right either. I could never change anyone's mind about believing in or having a relationship with God. That's something He has to do. Will God heal me? I don't know but I still hold out hope. Science has failed me terribly. I have exhausted all treatment options and currently sit at home with a bile drain bag, living with pain and fevers. My time may not be long, but my faith remains strong. Ridicule me, laugh at me, do what you want. The old me would have given you a piece of my mind that wasn't very nice. I cannot do that anymore because I represent Him now, not myself. I don't post much anymore; I see little reason to. I can't really help anyone with anything related to cancer treatment. But if you would like to talk about things Christ related, PM me. I'll be glad to share my experiences and beliefs. As far as being angry because God may choose to heal others but not me, that's not my place. He is the Potter and I am the clay. He is God and I am not. I pray for this forum often. Sorry if it offends, but I'm not going to stop.
42 male at DX
Husband, father (girls 13 and 16)
Stage IV mets to liver Oct 2013
Xelox Dec 13-Apr 14
Avastin, Xeloda Apr-July 2014
Vectibix July
Vectibix/Irinotecan Dec 2014
Colon resect/ HAI pump Jan 2015
Folfiri/Vectibix/FUDR ongoing

jortego128

Postby jortego128 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:54 pm

Contrary to not being able to help in regards to cancer treatment, your sig shows you have a lot of experience with different treatments. Im sure there are plenty of questions you could answer. Stick around and God bless, I will pray for your healing tonight...
DM 57 yrs old dx 6/8/15 T:4a N:1b M:1
KRAS G12D and TP53 C242fs mutations
Poorly Differentiated, Prominent Signet Ring Component(~50%)
Microsatellite Stable, 3 of (13)lymph nodes positive
15 Liver mets, largest 3.2 cm
Prim. Resection, Right Hemicolectomy 6/21/15
Start Chemo 7/20/15
2 rounds FOLFOX, 1 round FOLFOX +Avastin
CT 8/28/15, met growth, largest 4.5cm
4 rounds FOLFOX+Avastin
CT 11/06/15 mets stable, lungs clear
Begin FOLFIRI+Avastin 11/17/15, Stop chemo 1/26/16
Entered Paradise 3/11/2016

AngelaN
Facebook Username: angelamnicholas

Postby AngelaN » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:05 am

Agree this is a controversial topic. Why does God give 25 year old women or 45 year old men with a 9 year old cancer in the first place? If He loves us why does it happen? I can't answer that question. Just doesn't make sense. But what I do know is that God has given men and women amazing intelligence and compassion in the doctors, nurses, physicists, pharmacists that take care of those with cancer. God has given me as a caregiver amazing strength to deal with something that I never imagined I would be able to do and brought clarity to who are our friends and true family. Sometimes the cure isn't a physical one but an emotional one. We recognize the gift we have with our life - wonderful friends, a roof over our head, food on the table, and a bond that was created in marriage but will never be broken no matter how hard it gets (and I couldn't say that pre-cancer). So while I pray every day for God to heal my husband, I also recognize that we have had too many coincidences to not thank God every night for divine inspiration in how his care has achieve.
DH diagnosed with Stage 4 CRC Nov 2013
11 tx Folfox/Avastin; LAR/liver resection/introp RF of liver - May 2014
3 treatments FOLFIRI
Lung resection - Sept 2014
FOLFIRI + Avastin x 10 treatments
Avastin+5FU q3 weeks x 4
SBRT x 1 lung met
RFA for remaining 3 in Oct and Nov
SBRT for liver met Jan 16
lung mets growing
Enrolled in NIH TIL trial Oct 16
XRT for lung met 12/16
Cells didnt grow for TIL trial Feb 17
Waiting for NCT03085914 at Penn

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:11 am

purplerose34 wrote:Jortego128 all the best to your mum and many blessings to her. I often think thewwhole cancer thing must be much harder for husbands and kids and parents as it is for the person ? . I wish so much my husband would not have to go through this. I feel awful having to share bad news about treatment etc with him. I used to hide letter wiith palliative care written on it now we are just honest with each other much better approach. :wink:

Mr nick colon.....i have been reading your posts over the past few months and have found them so helpful and learnt much from it. Thank you for this.

Thank you, that means alot, but I'm a she, lol. Nik, Nikki, Nicole Lynn = Nik Colon, lol. ritz75, Part of my last name Ritzschke, born 1975 :)

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:33 am

Sorry, I just have to say, I don't believe God gives us Cancer. Jmo, as a believer myself, it bothers me when people make those statements. "Why does God do this or that or let bad things happen, etc" Imo, shit happens in life by who knows what, and people get killed by accident or other people. We have minds to choose, some use that to do bad things, I don't blame God for that. Again, jmo. Again, as for healing, idk, but I also mentioned earlier our minds are very powerful so it could be us curing ourselves, of course in most cases we are cured by doctors, etc. All you could say by God if you want because God gave us minds to solve problems, we just don't have all the answers yet. Devine intervention? Idk, I'm open to anything as anything is possible. Yet again, jmo, but I can not say it's true or false either way as I have never met God and he has never verbally spoke to me, as of yet :)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”