To ALL here

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Nik Colon

To ALL here

Postby Nik Colon » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:54 pm

Everyone here is my friend and hero! We are all strong , brave, and beautiful. May we all keep fighting and defeat this beast together! To the fallen, you are also strong, brave, and beautiful. Death and this horrible disease may have taken you away but it will NEVER truly take you away as you live on in the hearts of so many. If there is an afterlife, we can relish in the joy that you are no longer bound by pain and suffering and the shackles placed upon us still on this earth. Peace and love to us all ♡

Lee

Re: To ALL here

Postby Lee » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:16 pm

ritz75 wrote:Everyone here is my friend and hero! We are all strong , brave, and beautiful. May we all keep fighting and defeat this beast together! To the fallen, you are also strong, brave, and beautiful. Death and this horrible disease may have taken you away but it will NEVER truly take you away as you live on in the hearts of so many. If there is an afterlife, we can relish in the joy that you are no longer bound by pain and suffering and the shackles placed upon us still on this earth. Peace and love to us all ♡

Well said, my friend, very well said,

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

hart2hart

Postby hart2hart » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:17 pm

Ditto what Lee said Nik!

Julie and Pete
Pete (hubby) Stage 3 VLRC - 11/11
Chemo/Rad/Ace Surgeon - 11/11 - 4/12
Oxi/Xeloda (Severe Toxicity to OXI) - 5/12 - 6/12
5Fu Only - 8/12 - 2/13
Liver Resection/Hai Pump/Folfiri/FUDR - 10/13 - 5/14
Lung Ablation (MSKCC) - 12/31/2014
Xeloda through 4/2015
NED - 1/2015 - 1/2024
Hai Pump/Port Removed - 1/2020

nitebreez

Postby nitebreez » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:12 pm

Thank you for this beautiful post. It came at the time I needed to "hear" these words the most. My dear brother (my only sibling) has passed a few days ago. He had rectal cancer (was diagnosed after I was finishing my chemo for colon cancer). He was scheduled for his re-section on the 8th,...but never made it.

He also discovered that he also was in renal failure,...so it seems he got tired of the horrible stuggle and fight, and decided to take matters in his own hands. As you said in your beautiful post,...he was indeed brave. It's not fear that caused him to decide his own ending.

He came here often to read all the posts,..yet never posted himself...so he was comforted by the knowlege he recieved here. An old ex Vietnam Marine,..who when coming back to the States, joined the Hell's Angels in California,..and the Banditos in Texas for many years. Then going on in a distinquised career as an Electronic Technician in Tampa (still always had the "Old Biker" inside of him). I miss him terribly, as does my daughter.
T4a-Nx-M0 cc (perforated colon) Septic shock
2/19/13 emergency surgery/colostomy
4/13/13 colostomy reversed (reconnected!)
1/22/14 folfox completed
3/3/14 CT Scan NED
4/15/16 CEAs still low

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:44 pm

nitebreez wrote:Thank you for this beautiful post. It came at the time I needed to "hear" these words the most. My dear brother (my only sibling) has passed a few days ago. He had rectal cancer (was diagnosed after I was finishing my chemo for colon cancer). He was scheduled for his re-section on the 8th,...but never made it.

He also discovered that he also was in renal failure,...so it seems he got tired of the horrible stuggle and fight, and decided to take matters in his own hands. As you said in your beautiful post,...he was indeed brave. It's not fear that caused him to decide his own ending.

He came here often to read all the posts,..yet never posted himself...so he was comforted by the knowlege he recieved here. An old ex Vietnam Marine,..who when coming back to the States, joined the Hell's Angels in California,..and the Banditos in Texas for many years. Then going on in a distinquised career as an Electronic Technician in Tampa (still always had the "Old Biker" inside of him). I miss him terribly, as does my daughter.

I am so sorry for your loss. I too only have 1 sibling and I can only imagine the pain you and your daughter are in right now. Please accept my condolences. I hope in time, the pain fades and the wonderful memories and love are all that remain.

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

Kathleen808

Postby Kathleen808 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:13 am

Nitebreez,
I am so very sorry that you've lost your brother. My thoughts are with you as you go through this very difficult time.

Aloha,
Kathleen
Kathleen
DH 1/09 3c 51yr rsct
Folfx 3/09
1 l nd 9/09 Flfri Avstn
PET clr 6/10
Folfri Avstn 7/10
ND 10/10
1/11 lng mets Flfri Avastn
ND 2/12
9/12 Flfri Avastn