POOP

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
JudeD59

POOP

Postby JudeD59 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:11 pm

There are a lot of things in this cancer journey that are hard for me to wrap my mind around, but one of the hardest is that my life is now almost exclusively centered on poop. Can I poop, how much will I poop, how often will I poop, will it hurt when I poop, what should I eat so I can poop, what does the poop look like, am I close enough to a bathroom in case I have to poop, should I take that medicine or this one so I can poop tomorrow, is it a fart or is it poop, and on and on and on.

Seriously? I'm sure I went through this as a toddler going through potty training, but as a 55 year old wife and mother, seriously?

This is how bad it has gotten--yesterday, I had a normal, full, complete, empty it out poop for the first time in six months and I was literally jumping up and down when I saw it. I was so excited that I ran and called my husband who was so excited he starting yelling through the phone. Then we spent the rest of the day discussing what I did differently and what I should do to make sure it happens again today. For the love of Pete. We used to talk about politics, books, movies, sports, and now we talk about how to get me to poop. Who says the romance has to die after 32 years of marriage?

Another example of how bizarre and bad it has gotten--Since all my favorite shows have ended for the season, I have been looking for new ways to distract myself and I stumbled onto American Ninja Warrior. I've been binge watching old seasons, letting them play in the background while I work on my computer. A few mornings ago, as I walked into the bathroom upon waking, I heard the announcers from the show in my head saying, "Okay, she's going for her first attempt." :oops: :oops: I guess the toilet has become an obstacle course for me, with my squatty potty acting as a mini trampoline.

I know this is how it has to be now, but as a writer, I've spent my life looking for the bizarre in everyday life, and I can't help but think about how all of us have long resumes of all kinds of different accomplishments in our lives and how life has said, "Okay, you've spent enough time (insert accomplishment here), now I want you to focus only on your poop."

Must really suck if you're the type of person who plans out their life. Luckily, I have learned to "go with the flow". :wink:

Judy
56 yrs old, wife, mother to 4 daughters
RC Stage II T3N0M0 DX April 2, 2015
6 cm. mid-rectum-CEA 121
Xeloda and radiation finished 06/15/15- CEA 242
CEA right before surgery 81
LAR performed 8/12/15 Temporary ileostomy
CEA 10-21-15 1.6
PET scan 11-4-15 All clear
Port installed 11/11/15
Folfox started 11/18/15
Folfox stopped due to bad reaction
Reversal 2/17/16
CEA 2/3/16 1.7
CEA 3/31/16 1.3
CT Scan 4/12/16 All Clear
Port removed 4/21/16
CEA 5/24/17 1.4

ams5796

Re: POOP

Postby ams5796 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 pm

I LOL'd reading that! That is my life since all I do is think about poop. If you figure out what made it a "perfect day" let me know. :D

Ann
Stage 3C (or 4?) Rectal Cancer 01/07
2/10 lung mets
3/11 VATS
6/11 VATS
7/13 lung met
2/14 SBRT
NED 8/14
5/17 scan and MRI found treated spine met

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:41 pm

Yep, sadly most of us know how that is, butt we have to find the humor in it, lol :mrgreen:

jillbugs4110

Postby jillbugs4110 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:08 pm

Yep this is my life it is exausting
Live One Day At A Time
I Abandon myself to God
46 6 yo.....9yo...
stage 1V liver mets :-(
my one prayer to got to sustain me to raise my two babies this is my only wish then take me out if needed.

Jachut
Facebook Username: hutchinson@aanet.com.au

Postby Jachut » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:50 pm

This drove me nuts. I couldn't live like that, its why I chose to go back to a colostomy.

justin case

Postby justin case » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:03 pm

JudeD59 wrote:There are a lot of things in this cancer journey that are hard for me to wrap my mind around, but one of the hardest is that my life is now almost exclusively centered on poop. Can I poop, how much will I poop, how often will I poop, will it hurt when I poop, what should I eat so I can poop, what does the poop look like, am I close enough to a bathroom in case I have to poop, should I take that medicine or this one so I can poop tomorrow, is it a fart or is it poop, and on and on and on.

Seriously? I'm sure I went through this as a toddler going through potty training, but as a 55 year old wife and mother, seriously?

This is how bad it has gotten--yesterday, I had a normal, full, complete, empty it out poop for the first time in six months and I was literally jumping up and down when I saw it. I was so excited that I ran and called my husband who was so excited he starting yelling through the phone. Then we spent the rest of the day discussing what I did differently and what I should do to make sure it happens again today. For the love of Pete. We used to talk about politics, books, movies, sports, and now we talk about how to get me to poop. Who says the romance has to die after 32 years of marriage?

Another example of how bizarre and bad it has gotten--Since all my favorite shows have ended for the season, I have been looking for new ways to distract myself and I stumbled onto American Ninja Warrior. I've been binge watching old seasons, letting them play in the background while I work on my computer. A few mornings ago, as I walked into the bathroom upon waking, I heard the announcers from the show in my head saying, "Okay, she's going for her first attempt." :oops: :oops: I guess the toilet has become an obstacle course for me, with my squatty potty acting as a mini trampoline.

I know this is how it has to be now, but as a writer, I've spent my life looking for the bizarre in everyday life, and I can't help but think about how all of us have long resumes of all kinds of different accomplishments in our lives and how life has said, "Okay, you've spent enough time (insert accomplishment here), now I want you to focus only on your poop."

Must really suck if you're the type of person who plans out their life. Luckily, I have learned to "go with the flow". :wink:

Judy

My wife doesn't even have colon cancer,
and she was possessed by American Ninja Warrior, until...
2 people escaped from a penitentiary , and now I get to watch everything on CNN,
again and again :shock: :shock: :shock:
I prefer to look at my Poop 8)
Bro Nut
7/11 diagnosed Stage 2 colon and rectal cancer
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
21 round of chemo Folfox 9tx, 5fu 12 tx
Last treatment July 2012

SugarBubbie
Facebook Username: Rhonda Pinkston

Postby SugarBubbie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:38 pm

Poop is the word........lol
DX Stage II anal cancer 2007 age 57
Radiation 6 weeks, Xeloda/oxilaplatin
DX Breast cancer Jun 2011 Stage3 one lymph nodes
Taxol 12 weeks FAC 4 tx, 31 radiations
5 year survivor certificate from MDA 2012 for anal cancer
DX triple neg bc oct 2015 4 rounds adriamyicyn, 20 radiations
"Positivity has no downside"

justin case

Postby justin case » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:42 pm

SugarBubbie wrote:Poop is the word........lol

WORD!
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

MSJC

Postby MSJC » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:29 pm

Sounds like the story of my life also...POOP! When, where and how much! I can relate.
Mike, 49 y/o at Dx 1/14 stage 3c
low rectal cancer 7 nodes positive
2/14 5 weeks chemo/rad. 5-fu
4/14 Lar gallbladder removed,
temp ileostomy
5/14 8 rds Folfox
10/14 reversal surgery
5/15 clean colonoscopy
6/15 clean ct scan

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:12 pm

justin case wrote:
SugarBubbie wrote:Poop is the word........lol

WORD!

Lololol!!!!hahaha!!! :lol: 8) :mrgreen: :twisted: :shock: 8)

lhawk0730

Postby lhawk0730 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:52 pm

I am a CRC bystander...butt a huge American ninja fan! I scared my husband by laughing quite loudly when I visualized you on the trampoline. Does she have what it takes ladies and gentleman...drum role! You're awesome lady! I'm going to raise my glass to many more "normal", full and daily occurances in your future!
Daughter to Mom, age 71
Dx 10/14 RC - T3bN1bM0
Chemoradiation til 1/15
Surgery 2/15
Temp ileostomy
Failed Xelox round 4/15
1 round straight Xeloda 5/15 - discontinued
Ileo reversal 5/15
8/15 more Xeloda

Mastan

Postby Mastan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:36 pm

If you want to really embrace poop get an APR and irrigate each day!
Dx 6/2010 rectal CA

JudeD59

Postby JudeD59 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:06 pm

Ann, I was hoping to make someone smile. I'm glad it was you. I think I might be in that honeymoon period after radiation/chemo (been two weeks plus since I finished) and before surgery. The tumor is out of the way and I'm not taking all the constipating drugs. Or maybe it was just the half box of mini triscuits I ate. :oops: Last couple of days have gone pretty well. Of course, now that things are semi-normal, I'm going to mess it all up again with surgery. Sigh.

Ritz, I especially hope I made you smile. I know you've been having a rough go of it this week. If I didn't make you smile this time, I'll keep trying.

Jillbugs, It is exhausting and surreal and mind-boggling. All the medications to make you stop or go and it's so hard to find the right mix. Even though I've only been dealing with POOP issues for 6 months, I know I have a long road ahead with lots of new and exciting poop obstacles to hurdle. Yippee.

Jachut, I can understand that. I read the threads about problems after reversal and feel so bad for what members are going through. Seems like quite a few made the same decision you did.

Michael, what no song for me this time? :D Tell your wife that unless those escapees are running through an obstacle course to avoid capture, she needs to put American Ninja Warrior back on. We can't have you staring at your poop all day!

Sugarbubble, lol, butt I think it should be POOP is the word.

Ihawk, thank you and I"m glad I scared your husband. Cheers to you!

Thanks to everyone who replied. Time to head to the mini-tramp.

Judy
56 yrs old, wife, mother to 4 daughters
RC Stage II T3N0M0 DX April 2, 2015
6 cm. mid-rectum-CEA 121
Xeloda and radiation finished 06/15/15- CEA 242
CEA right before surgery 81
LAR performed 8/12/15 Temporary ileostomy
CEA 10-21-15 1.6
PET scan 11-4-15 All clear
Port installed 11/11/15
Folfox started 11/18/15
Folfox stopped due to bad reaction
Reversal 2/17/16
CEA 2/3/16 1.7
CEA 3/31/16 1.3
CT Scan 4/12/16 All Clear
Port removed 4/21/16
CEA 5/24/17 1.4

DarknessEmbraced
Facebook Username: Riann Fletcher

Postby DarknessEmbraced » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:31 pm

You summed up my life perfectly! It's been 7 months since my surgery and poop is always on my mind. This week I've been not taking lax-a-day and having many small bowel movements a day, lots of bloating and gas and some cramping/urgency. Last night what was really bad with bloating and spasms. I'm still trying to figure out what I can and can't eat. how much fiber, what medications if needed. I never know how it's going to go from one day to the next.
Diagnosed 10/28/14, age 36
Colon Resection 11/20/14, LAR (no illeo)
Stage 2a colon cancer, T3NOMO
Lymph-vascular invasion undetermined
0/22 lymph nodes
No chemo, no radiation
Clear Colonoscopy 04/29/15
NED 10/20/15
Ischemic Colitis 01/21/16
NED 11/10/16
CT Scan moved up due to high CEA 08/21/17
NED 09/25/17
NED 12/21/18
Clear colonoscopy 09/23/19
Clear 5 year scans 11/21/19- Considered cured! :)

justin case

Postby justin case » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:46 pm

JudeD59 wrote:Ann, I was hoping to make someone smile. I'm glad it was you. I think I might be in that honeymoon period after radiation/chemo (been two weeks plus since I finished) and before surgery. The tumor is out of the way and I'm not taking all the constipating drugs. Or maybe it was just the half box of mini triscuits I ate. :oops: Last couple of days have gone pretty well. Of course, now that things are semi-normal, I'm going to mess it all up again with surgery. Sigh.

Ritz, I especially hope I made you smile. I know you've been having a rough go of it this week. If I didn't make you smile this time, I'll keep trying.

Jillbugs, It is exhausting and surreal and mind-boggling. All the medications to make you stop or go and it's so hard to find the right mix. Even though I've only been dealing with POOP issues for 6 months, I know I have a long road ahead with lots of new and exciting poop obstacles to hurdle. Yippee.

Jachut, I can understand that. I read the threads about problems after reversal and feel so bad for what members are going through. Seems like quite a few made the same decision you did.

Michael, what no song for me this time? :D Tell your wife that unless those escapees are running through an obstacle course to avoid capture, she needs to put American Ninja Warrior back on. We can't have you staring at your poop all day!

Sugarbubble, lol, butt I think it should be POOP is the word.

Ihawk, thank you and I"m glad I scared your husband. Cheers to you!

Thanks to everyone who replied. Time to head to the mini-tramp.

Judy

If my wife would have known, the Warriors shoot in Houston,
was close by,
(actually Cypress , Texas, 6 miles from our abode),
I could of had an accident, looking for a commode 8)
Bro nut
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”