New promissing NCI/ Bethesda study

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
vilca11
Location: Moscow, Russia; Baltimore, USA 1992; Vilcabamba, Ecuador 2012

New promissing NCI/ Bethesda study

Postby vilca11 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Hi guys,

I sent letter to my Onc in Johns Hopkins, who directs some CRC trials there too, about Blood Biopsies that now are available for cancer patients (thanks to the info that Voxx and others provided here), and please see below our email exchange. I looked at the study she recommended, it is phase 1 safety study, open label. I, of course, always prefer efficacy stage (phase 2, usually), but this trial uses 2 known drugs, so it is not like dealing with unknown and in my mind actually satisfies the risk. Take a look, I think quite many of our folks might benefit from it in terms of buying time, until something better is on the horizon.... Hugs, Vilca
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Nilo,
Happy Sunday! I was wondering if you have already read this article in full? Can we do it in Hopkins BEFORE I start chemo this summer or fall - is that test available?

I am not sure if that is any help in my case, but I do think that knowing more about genetics of my quite resistant to treatment liver mets (RFA, SBRT, NANO, Cryo - all on a same small area for 3.5 years again and again) might help both now and in the future (for immunotherapy). Now we have a lymph node too, it is spreading same seeds that are in liver. I know, you, guys, do not think I will live a year, but I think I have a few more years and really hoping to eventually hit a good study in Hopkins with your help - I am famous in Hopkins as a tough Russian, do not you know?

I do not even worry much about it, by the way, b/c I am not afraid to die (via my belief system). I just want everything to be ready for it (b/c of my daughter) and then I am going to be happily continuing to do what I do - hang in/action, hang in/action, wash and repeat.... I am, actually, almost ready - all documents are in Rita's name, representative assigned, and I personally do not have anything anywhere, but my checking account. So, the Citizen of the World with an American passport :lol:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Dear Stella – this work is interesting but still very theoretical in terms of any benefit for cancer patients, especially colon cancer. It could only be done on study and I couldn’t find a study for KRAS muttaed colon except this one – we don’t have it at Hopkins. But overall, I think other approaches are more promising right now.
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT ... ors&rank=1 "
11/2005 CC stage 1, F,50yo@dx
Mod dif adenocar, MSS, APC, TP53, CEAs1.6-4.8
1/12 1met liver@Vena Cava, RFA, 3oxi,11 5FU
8/13 2 mets same place,SBRT
4/14 2 Xeliri+Avastin
5/14 Nano Knife liver same 2 mets
6/14 2 Xeliri, ADAPT
4/15 PET, 2 same mets,Cryo Liver
5/15 MJ Oil, Herbs, Suppl, ADAPT
10/15 PET, same area, doubled in size, high SUV
10/15 RH, HAI, visceral involv., no LN