Good Book for reading

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
andy21

Good Book for reading

Postby andy21 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:44 pm

You Are the Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter
by Dr. Joe Dispenza (Author)

Is it possible to heal by thought alone—without drugs or surgery? The truth is that it happens more often than you might expect. In You Are the Placebo, Dr. Joe Dispenza shares numerous documented cases of those who reversed cancer, heart disease, depression, crippling arthritis, and even the tremors of Parkinson’s disease by believing in a placebo. Similarly, Dr. Joe tells of how others have gotten sick and even died the victims of a hex or voodoo curse—or after being misdiagnosed with a fatal illness. Belief can be so strong that pharmaceutical companies use double- and triple-blind randomized studies to try to exclude the power of the mind over the body when evaluating new drugs.

Dr. Joe does more than simply explore the history and the physiology of the placebo effect. He asks the question: “Is it possible to teach the principles of the placebo, and without relying on any external substance, produce the same internal changes in a person’s health and ultimately in his or her life?” Then he shares scientific evidence (including color brain scans) of amazing healings from his workshops, in which participants learn his model of personal transformation, based on practical applications of the so-called placebo effect. The book ends with a “how-to” meditation for changing beliefs and perceptions that hold us back—the first step in healing.

You Are the Placebo combines the latest research in neuroscience, biology, psychology, hypnosis, behavioral conditioning, and quantum physics to demystify the workings of the placebo effect . . . and show how the seemingly impossible can become possible.
Caregiver: To 67 Yr father
diag. Stage IV, 5/12, liver mets
6 cycles Xelox/Avastin, Start 06/12
Stage 1 of Two Stage Resection Surgery in Dec, 12. 2nd line fails.
T Cell Trial May-Jul, 2013
Becomes a Heavenly Angel in August, 2013

vilca11
Location: Moscow, Russia; Baltimore, USA 1992; Vilcabamba, Ecuador 2012

Re: Good Book for reading

Postby vilca11 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:52 am

Andy!!! That is a great find - thank you so much for posting! This is the same school of thoughts that Dr. Ryke Hamer (German New Medicine) advocates for. I would be very interested in reading that book. The problem I see is that in order to have such a power of mind (to reverse cancer), it is not enough to be even for a professional in psycho field... I had a friend, psychologist and scientist, who deeply believed in the anti-disease power of mind. He still died from throat cancer. I am sure he tried to fight it with his TRULLY brilliant mind and he was a real strong believer in cure this way. Technically, I credit all cases of religious healing (which are plenty) to their strong belief system.
Hopefully, can get this book electronically in my mountain seclusion. Hugs, Vilca
11/2005 CC stage 1, F,50yo@dx
Mod dif adenocar, MSS, APC, TP53, CEAs1.6-4.8
1/12 1met liver@Vena Cava, RFA, 3oxi,11 5FU
8/13 2 mets same place,SBRT
4/14 2 Xeliri+Avastin
5/14 Nano Knife liver same 2 mets
6/14 2 Xeliri, ADAPT
4/15 PET, 2 same mets,Cryo Liver
5/15 MJ Oil, Herbs, Suppl, ADAPT
10/15 PET, same area, doubled in size, high SUV
10/15 RH, HAI, visceral involv., no LN
2/16 red FF, 50% red dose FUDR, CEA trends up
3/16 CT, PET, MRI L.Lobe all in small tumors
4/16 No acceptable options, going home

Maggie Nell

Postby Maggie Nell » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:18 am

Newly published by an australian doctor, Professor Kerryn Phelps, is The Cancer Recovery Guide (published
by Pan MacMillan). An extract from the book appears in the July 2015 issue of The Australian Women's Weekly
that I include a section of here:

Choosing Herbal Medicines
There are some import questions you need to ask to be sure you are fully informed about any decisions you make about taking
any substances alongside your cancer-specific treatments:

Who is giving me advice about herbs and supplements, and what are there qualifications and experience?
What is this substance or mixture of substances being recommended?
What am I trying to achieve by taking this?

Reasons for Using Herbal Medicines Include:
Prevention or relief of some of the symptoms of the cancer itself.
Alleviating some of the side effects from cancer treatments.
Treating an associated condition, such as anxiety or depression.
Providing a sense of control or a feeling of active involvement in your cancer treatment.

Professor Phelps was the first woman and first LGBT person to be elected president of the Federal Australian Medical Association (AMA). In 2003 she was awarded the Centenary Medal for services to Health and Medicine. In 2011 she was made a member of the Order Of Australia for her service to medicine, particularly through leadership roles with the AMA, education and community health, and as a General Practitioner. She is a pioneer in the field of Health Communication and Integrative Medicine in Australia. In 2008 Phelps was awarded a Bent Spoon Award by the Australian Skeptics. :P
read in full https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerryn_Phelps

The three levels of healing are to diminish pain,
help someone understand their nature,
and assist them in fulfilling their destiny

~ Harriet Beinfield
DX April 2015, @ 54
35mm poorly diff. tumour, incidental finding following emergency R. hemicolectomy
for ileo-colic intussusception.
Lymph nodes: 0/22
T3 N0 MX
Stage II CRC, no adjuvant chemo required.

Maggie Nell

Postby Maggie Nell » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:31 am

DX April 2015, @ 54
35mm poorly diff. tumour, incidental finding following emergency R. hemicolectomy
for ileo-colic intussusception.
Lymph nodes: 0/22
T3 N0 MX
Stage II CRC, no adjuvant chemo required.

lpas

Postby lpas » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:15 am

Just wanted to say thanks so much for recommending this book. I'm reading it now and find it absolutely fascinating. Am going to do my best to apply what I'm learning. Worrying and rumination have always been big problems for me. I can think of lots of reasons besides just cancer to work on those problems. Thanks again!
11/14 Dx sigmoid CC @ 45yo
12/14 Colectomy + hysterectomy
Stage IIIB, T3N1bM0, 2/20 nodes, MSS, G2, KRAS(A146T), TP53, SMAD4, ERBB2, CEA 1.0
2/15-7/15 XELOX & celecoxib
2/19 clean scope
11/19 clean CT
Ongoing cimetidine & other targeted supplements
Mom to a 6 & 8yo

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”