PET SCAN

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Cherie
Facebook Username: cherie

Re: PET SCAN

Postby Cherie » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:45 am

My Oncologist is giving it to whom ever wants it. I see her privately. But it is not in the public system unless you really fight for it.
36Yo F
2000 UC
2013 Stage 4 CC 15/126 LN spread to the omentum
June Collectomy all visible cancer removed
July Folfox + Avastin
2/14 clean scan
8/14 Ileo-anal pouch surgery still NED
1/15 Emergency illeostomy spread to peritoneum and small bowel

rp1954

Postby rp1954 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:24 am

Cherie: ...Why aren't more people doing Vitamin C in the USA?

Other than generations of medical silence, mistatement, misdirection, intimidation, and naked attack if necessary, no reason at all.

The easiest entry point to IV vitamin C as curative treatment is with acute viral infection and many toxins including bacterial; cancer is more complicated.

Cherie: ...But I have not done any chemo. It just makes me too sick even the smallest amount.

Cherie, what is your lowest 5FU / xeloda dose to date ? Your previous comments indicate partial DPD deficiency (total DPD deficiency would have been much worse 1st time, easily fatal). Asians actually induce DPD deficiency for the 5FU prodrug tegafur. Say 1600-2000 mg/d for straight tegafur, 400-900 mg/d for uracil/tegafur (with a mild, reversible inhibitor) or only 50-80 mg/d tegafur with TS-1 (with a strong irreversible DPD inhibitor).

Cherie: ...So here I ponder what will the surgeon find....I pray vitamin c will be my hero.
Vilca: ... small nodules that are becoming necrotized

Cherie's low CEA cancer is statistically and usually biologically favorable. The loss of hypermetabolic activity sounds good. But it could be for lack glucose to be processed, lack of glucose processing or otherwise inhibited or dead cells. Vitamin C is an accumulating glucose decoy. I think it is important to pursue extra adjuncts before they are needed. With elevated CEA and CA19-9, we've needed IV C, 5FU, flavonoids, celecoxib, K2, and others just to stop the biomarker rises and cancer spread. Also we wouldn't do exploratory surgery without the expectation of taking all the available souvenirs larger than 6-10 mm, things that are harder to treat.

After surgery, even in the recovery room is the time to restart IV vitamin C, daily if possible according to the old timers. IV vitamin C has several major surgical benefits and surgery massively depletes vitamin C.
watchful, active researcher and caregiver for stage IVb/c CC. surgeries 4/10 sigmoid etc & 5/11 para-aortic LN cluster; 8 yrs immuno-Chemo for mCRC; now no chemo
most of 2010 Life Extension recommendations and possibilities + more, some (much) higher, peaking ~2011-12, taper chemo to almost nothing mid 2018, IV C-->2021. Now supplements

Cherie
Facebook Username: cherie

Postby Cherie » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:09 am

Hi rp1954

Do you have a medical back ground? How do you know so much about treatments for CC?

My oncologist has given me 500mg of capecitabine to take with the Celebrex but my leg and arm pain from my previous chemo becomes intolerable and my illestomy goes crazy. I do want to do Adapt but I end up so sick after a week I have terrible nausea also. Many here have said capecitabine is tolerable but not for me. I have been very sensitive to all chemo. However, I would put up with it if I truly though it could help me become cancer free. I'm at the point where I just feel like nothing will work so I only try stuff if it doesn't make me sick. I'm going to make some oil and give that ago another thing I use is pure blueberry juice daily.

My CEA has never gone above 2.5 and is at 1 right now and my CA19-9 is normal also.

I have thought about doing vitamin c daily but there is such little information on what to do and how much for best impact. My surgeon is going to see if he thinks HIPEC will work for me hence the looking inside. I'm not sure if this is the right thing for me. Do you have information on how to best use vitamin C?

Thanks for your help Cherie
36Yo F
2000 UC
2013 Stage 4 CC 15/126 LN spread to the omentum
June Collectomy all visible cancer removed
July Folfox + Avastin
2/14 clean scan
8/14 Ileo-anal pouch surgery still NED
1/15 Emergency illeostomy spread to peritoneum and small bowel

rp1954

Postby rp1954 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:13 am

Cherie, I'm not medical. Caregivers and patients sometimes can focus time, unusual experience and talents to open other options.

IV vitamin C is still largely undiscovered country, with lots of remaining unexplored potential. 25-35 years ago, some of the most dramatic preclinical trials demonstrated interperitoneal injection of dehydroascorbate C and hydroxyB12 in mice that had been implanted with cancer far more lethal than most colorectal cancers. The result was >50% NED at 3-4 times longer than complete dieoff without tx (C+B12 mice terminated for evaluation). I've never heard of this being tried for cancer patients, even once.

Imagine someone replaced the red devil of oxaliplatin, mg for 1-5 mg, with a red B12 solution and then it did even better but everybody ignored it. In the past, most who have taken even one step forward on the vitamin C subject have, for one reason or another, been cut off at both knees, or at least ignored or insulted or both. Oncologists will interperitoneally infuse chemo for ovarian mets, but never some form of C and B12 with some kind of chemo. Hmmm.

Our experience is the more good [compatible] components added, the better the result. This is partly why I ask about 5FU. If you are really DPD deficient, 100-200 mg/d of capecitabine might be roughly proportionate to the tegafur in TS-1. Also IV vitamin C seems to reduce 5FU side effects, while improving markers in our experience, as with other previous IV C patients.

Daily IV C is usually for brief post surgical periods, and inflammatory periods, physically easy enough if already plumbed in the hospital but fraught with politics if you don't achieve scene control. Clinical cancer treatments might peak at 3x a week with 1-2x per week common during chemo for years. More often requires serious preparations but might help ferry a marginal patient past rough patches for some months.
watchful, active researcher and caregiver for stage IVb/c CC. surgeries 4/10 sigmoid etc & 5/11 para-aortic LN cluster; 8 yrs immuno-Chemo for mCRC; now no chemo
most of 2010 Life Extension recommendations and possibilities + more, some (much) higher, peaking ~2011-12, taper chemo to almost nothing mid 2018, IV C-->2021. Now supplements

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”