Hey--What's up with NED Posters?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
disco nap

Re: Hey--What's up with NED Posters?

Postby disco nap » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:20 pm

I think about you two - and also others in our demographic that were not fortunate - a lot. Good to hear from you John.
DX July 2 '10 CC Stage IIIC, 11/18 nodes+
Right Hemi July 6 '10
Folfox: Aug 17'10 - Feb 17'11
Mar 2012: Lynch Syndrome MLH1
"Declared well" and been well ever since.
Update: Jan 2023 - still NED.

horizon

Re: Hey--What's up with NED Posters?

Postby horizon » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:33 am

John72 wrote:I agree as well. Actually I think its a rather big deal that Horizon, Disconap, and I all were diagnosed 3C in our 30's and all apparently remain NED. I don't know if either of them have considered that...that all three of us started on this forum within a few months of each other, all three of us younger in age and with fairly advanced forms of cancer. I 'd like to think that seeing that it gives hope to others...that Disco has Lynch syndrome, and that I have very heavy node involvement...and that a group of relatively younger people survived a fairly poor prognosis(though I think that 45% stage 3c number is now probably more around 60% considering the advances in medical treatment and surgery techniques).

And anyway, I'm not out of the woods yet as rectal cancer has a longer recurrence curve than colon cancer. So I'm sure I'll be around for some time still.

I hadn't considered that! Hopefully all of us will be marveling about it for a long time. :)
I'm just a dude who still can't believe he had a resection and went through chemo (currently 13 years NED). Is this real life?

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”