The time has come for some guidelines...

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
skypup

The time has come for some guidelines...

Postby skypup » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:33 pm

Last edited by skypup on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ANDRETEXAS

Re: The time has come for some guidelines...

Postby ANDRETEXAS » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Skypup and Kenny....I generally agree with your points. I don't know why we have any politically-oriented, insulting pics or drawings on here. I know it's difficult to police everything, but it would be nice if we could keep it civilized and non-insulting. I really like to come here for medical info, updates on members, etc.
2/10/14 - Colon resect
2/13 - DX- Stage IIIb
6 of 18 lymph nodes cancerous
3/7 - Port placed
3/11 - FOLFOX (12 rds w/full oxi)
8/14 - Chemo finish
8/25 - CT- Inc
9/5 - clean PET
12/10- clean CT

3/2/15 - Clean colonoscopy & port removed
3/4 - clean CT
9/21- clean CT

3/23/16 - clean CT

2/22/17- clean CT

3/21/18 - clean CT
4/1 - clean colonoscopy

3/11/19 - clean CT
9/23 - Five-year release - Annual visits now !

4/13/23 - clean colonoscopy

ONE DAY AT A TIME !

Maia

Postby Maia » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:08 pm

Skypup wrote:I'm a long-time active member here, and I must say that without a clear explanation of why and how this thread got locked, I will probably stop contributing.

I agree with Theresa, that's why I've posted a request for clarification here; I can't take a decision if I don't know all the facts.

canadiandaughter

Postby canadiandaughter » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:40 pm

I can see why there are posts that get away from the medical side of this forum. Everyone needs a break. Lots of posters on here are friends. I see no problem having some o/t threads about whatever you want to chat or post about at the time, BUTT have it named in the title. I think most do that already. If it says, asking for prayers, etc, the ones without faith know to avoid. KT's post was labeled as a warning to those that might go in and look. If you choose to keep on going and read the post, that is your choice! I did not find anything offensive in the Duggar post, unless I missed something. It was not anything personal against anyone on this forum or any particular religion,just a family that have hid behind religion to make themselves look good. Just my humble opinion.
DD to 81 year old father
dx 24/07/14 iv cc mets liver/lung
folifiri started 19/07/14
shrinkage of all mets
growth in the liver,started folfox/avastin 80% 13/01/16
reduced to 70% due to side effects 27/01/16
First scan on folfox shows shrinkage in lungs, but liver just stable
6 rounds of vectibix-fail. 3cm growth and new spots showing Waiting for panel recommendations
At peace January 8, 2017

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:42 pm

canadiandaughter wrote:I can see why there are posts that get away from the medical side of this forum. Everyone needs a break. Lots of posters on here are friends. I see no problem having some o/t threads about whatever you want to chat or post about at the time, BUTT have it named in the title. I think most do that already. If it says, asking for prayers, etc, the ones without faith know to avoid. KT's post was labeled as a warning to those that might go in and look. If you choose to keep on going and read the post, that is your choice! I did not find anything offensive in the Duggar post, unless I missed something. It was not anything personal against anyone on this forum or any particular religion,just a family that have hid behind religion to make themselves look good. Just my humble opinion.

I agree!

justin case

Postby justin case » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:49 pm

Please read, code of conduct above, by your president.
I would give you the subject material, but I don't know how to do it.
michael
7/11 diagnosed Stage 2 colon and rectal cancer
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
21 round of chemo Folfox 9tx, 5fu 12 tx
Last treatment July 2012

Voxx66
Facebook Username: Michael Void Ward

Postby Voxx66 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:55 pm

Guidelines would be nice that are uniformly applied. Yes, it seems there are older posts with completely inappropriate political content that should never have been allowed. That still doesn't make it a good idea to post the whole Duggar thing. It wasn't necessary or helpful. (And I barely even know who those people are - I care nothing about them. This is on general principle.) I believe in cutting slack to everyone but also keeping things within reasonable limits. The problem to me isn't the locking of the thread - which I have already stated I agree with - but the lack of communication as to why and the failure to act on other obviously political and inappropriate threads. Communication is key here. But please lets not make this a major issue. It really isn't unless the members want to make it one. And what then? Do we want to tear this all apart? I don't. I urge us all to relax and breathe and be understanding with each other. And cutting slack also includes cutting the moderators slack who are human after all.
DX and resect 10/2012 age 46
Stage IIa CRC
liver mets both lobes 8/2013
CEA 28
FOLFOX + Avastin 8/26/13 3 rounds
Folfox only 3 rds + rd 8
platelets low round 7,9,10 5FU only
1/14 CEA 1.0 y90
5fu
10/14 mets lung and peri
1/15 Folfiri

justin case

Postby justin case » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:17 pm

If you are so inclined, and feel comfortable with someone on the forum, you can talk between yourselves, VIA PM.
There are people from all stations in life, who come HERE, to learn about how chemo affects you, what to do after being diagnosed, what will I do at my first infusion, do I need a colonoscopy, WILL I DIE!
Pointless excursions, off topic posts, (should be labelled OT), and should not be disenherant of other people's conception of life, and or dignity, or beliefs.
Just a thought,
Michael
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

localyokal

Postby localyokal » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:31 pm

I don't post on here much but I do lurk and read most of the threads that others write. My opinion is if it offends me "very few do offend me" I just simply don't read any farther, I guess I don't see why people get all upset over religion or politics on a forum.

KWT

Postby KWT » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:53 pm

Voxx66 wrote:Guidelines would be nice that are uniformly applied. Yes, it seems there are older posts with completely inappropriate political content that should never have been allowed. That still doesn't make it a good idea to post the whole Duggar thing. It wasn't necessary or helpful. (And I barely even know who those people are - I care nothing about them. This is on general principle.) I believe in cutting slack to everyone but also keeping things within reasonable limits. The problem to me isn't the locking of the thread - which I have already stated I agree with - but the lack of communication as to why and the failure to act on other obviously political and inappropriate threads. Communication is key here. But please lets not make this a major issue. It really isn't unless the members want to make it one. And what then? Do we want to tear this all apart? I don't. I urge us all to relax and breathe and be understanding with each other. And cutting slack also includes cutting the moderators slack who are human after all.

Voxx , in case you missed it, I was making a video with my iPhone showing how to post pics to colon crib that was the picture on my camera roll that I used in demonstration it meant nothing then we made a couple comments and that was it should have been it back to posting cool photos of people lives. That's what I was trying to accomplish. Butt it appears that couple of the forum flat earthers where lurking in the shadows and since there was no active death with dignity thread to chime in on this would do. If someone had shed me to delete that I most likely would have done that. But they are cowards sitting in their cribs all day chewing the lead paint.

Maggie Nell

Postby Maggie Nell » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:27 pm

As an aussie, I'm going to make a wild guess here based on my experience in the
medical arena these last 25 years as a bona fide physician in CAM and heretic
homeopath.

What conservative groups in the US provide the most funding for cancer research?
Even in forums, one has to be mindful of not biting the hand that is paying for
the search for a cure.

Follow the money.

So long and thanks for the fish. 8)
DX April 2015, @ 54
35mm poorly diff. tumour, incidental finding following emergency R. hemicolectomy
for ileo-colic intussusception.
Lymph nodes: 0/22
T3 N0 MX
Stage II CRC, no adjuvant chemo required.

justin case

Postby justin case » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:52 pm

Mydogphoebe wrote:As an aussie, I'm going to make a wild guess here based on my experience in the
homeopath.

What conservative groups in the US provide the most funding for cancer research?
the search for a cure.

Follow the money.

CR, BB, anyone else know the FISH Cheer 8) 8) 8)
Well come on all of you big strong men :wink:
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

KWT

Postby KWT » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:30 pm

Or removal of them :shock: maybe a name change is in order I vote for "colon crib" to bad grow ups can't have discussion about anything without someone getting butt hurt

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:34 pm

Mydogphoebe wrote:As an aussie, I'm going to make a wild guess here based on my experience in the
homeopath.

the search for a cure.

Follow the money.

I had it narrowed down to this: lots of Duggars, lots of colons, more chance for charitable donations

OR

Chinese Hackers
most likely irritated by folks on the CC joking about Bigfoot

oops I meant Vladimir Putin and his army of hackers
female, diagnosed Jan 14, RC stage 2a, age 56
MSS
April 14, 28 chemo/rad with Xeloda
June 14 adjuvant Xeloda 6 rounds
currently NED

Maggie Nell

Postby Maggie Nell » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:56 pm

post deleted by user
Last edited by Maggie Nell on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DX April 2015, @ 54
35mm poorly diff. tumour, incidental finding following emergency R. hemicolectomy
for ileo-colic intussusception.
Lymph nodes: 0/22
T3 N0 MX
Stage II CRC, no adjuvant chemo required.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”