Possible New Trial opening up

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Lee

Possible New Trial opening up

Postby Lee » Sun May 31, 2015 4:48 pm

Got this in my inbox in the past few days. Don't know much about it or if it could help someone, but thought I would pass it along just in case.

Lee

Medical research study for metastatic colorectal cancer patients enrolling now

The XilonixTM Colon cancer Immunotherapy Treatment Evaluation (XCITE) medical research study to evaluate XBiotech's True HumanTM monoclonal antibody treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer is currently enrolling patients. To learn more and see if you may qualify, click here.

The primary objective of the XCITE clinical trial in colon cancer is to assess the ability of XilonixTM (the “study drug”) to improve the overall survival in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer who are refractory to standard therapy. XilonixTM contains an antibody (a protein that binds to a substance related to the disease). By binding to this substance, XilonixTM may help to inhibit tumor growth and spread of the cancer by interrupting crucial signals that drive the formation of new blood vessels, especially blood vessels that supply oxygen and nutrients to cancerous tissue and facilitate spread of the cancer. In addition XilonixTM may help to correct fatigue, muscle loss and anxiety caused from tumor related inflammation.

XCITE is an investigational study. XilonixTM (the “study drug”) is not approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or commercially available in the United States. It is currently being used for research purposes only.

You may be eligible to participate in this study if you:

Are 18 years of age or older
Have metastatic colorectal cancer refractory to standard therapy
Do not have any other serious or uncontrolled medical conditions.
If enrolled, the length of time you will be asked to participate in this study depends on how your cancer responds to the study treatment.

To learn more and see if you may qualify, click here.
To unsubscribe, click here.
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

Lee

Re: Possible New Trial opening up

Postby Lee » Sun May 31, 2015 4:52 pm

Well that didn't work like I wanted it to. How can I get it to work if someone wants to click the "click here" ?

Lee
46 yrs old at diagnoses
radiation - 6 weeks
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX

Maia

Postby Maia » Sun May 31, 2015 5:23 pm

One way could be that you copy and paste the url of the page that opens when you do click there in that email -I think that's the easiest way :)

It is this: A Phase III Study of Xilonix in Patients With Advanced Colorectal Cancer (XCITE)

This is really promising. It's an antibody that first was aimed to treat cachexia; they had some amazing responses so they started to pursue as treatment. In this forum, there is a thread with updates, here:

Xilonix (MABp1) -on trial (update)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39860&p=294246

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun May 31, 2015 5:35 pm

Maia wrote:One way could be that you copy and paste the url of the page that opens when you do click there in that email -I think that's the easiest way :)

It is this: A Phase III Study of Xilonix in Patients With Advanced Colorectal Cancer (XCITE)

This is really promising. It's an antibody that first was aimed to treat cachexia; they had some amazing responses so they started to pursue as treatment. In this forum, there is a thread with updates, here:

Xilonix (MABp1) -on trial (update)
http://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com ... 0&p=294246

Mala,

Thank you so much. My computer is really getting old and sometimes things don't work right. Tried about 3 times to get this, so not totally sure what I did wrong. But again, thank you.

Lee
46 yrs old at diagnoses
radiation - 6 weeks
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX

Maia

Postby Maia » Sun May 31, 2015 5:53 pm

My pleasure, Lee.

I'm so glad you posted this -Xilonib is definitely something that may help many. No silver bullet but QOL seems to be pretty decent even for heavily pretreated patients.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”