Review of my Journey so far -> ⓊⓟⒹⒶⓉⒺ June 26/2019

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
CRguy

Re: Review of my Journey so far -> ⓊⓟⒹⒶⓉⒺ March 23/2019

Postby CRguy » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:53 am

Thanks homie !!!

I intend to embody " takes a lickin' and it keeps on tickin'..." Timex style
OR .... Energizer Bunny style ! ... keepin' with the Easter bunny theme here :mrgreen:

Cheers
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
12 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

Bob_Weiss

Postby Bob_Weiss » Sun May 12, 2019 2:10 pm

I joined in April 2010 and for 5+ years I consulted this site almost daily, and occasionally posted. The active members here at that time are mostly gone; either cured or no longer alive. I remember them fondly- Brownbagger, Starbucks, numerous others. I still check this site every few months, and offer suggestions when I have something to contribute.
Stage 3 R/C -1 node+ ( 7/09)
5 wks radiation, 2 wks chemo: 5FU (8-9/09)
Rectal surgery: tumor removal (11/09)
10 rounds Xeloda: 3000mg/daily 1 wk on/1 wk off (1/10-6/10)
Supplements: Aspirin, Calcium, Vit. D3
03/27/17: 7+ yrs. since surgery--still NED

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun May 12, 2019 8:42 pm

...AND my friend, sometimes just "being here" to offer support is enough

Harmony
CR
Caregiver x 4
12 Year survivor

CRguy

Re: Review of my Journey so far -> ⓊⓟⒹⒶⓉⒺ June 26/2019

Postby CRguy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:10 pm

Just a brief follow up here :

pretty normal echocardiogram in March... tech said I had a very photogenic heart :shock: :oops:
Saw Cardiac honcho in May and he was happy, so is now playing around with statins etc.
... we'll see.

routine monitoring bloods all pretty normal, so seeing family Doc Friday
to review lab / echo reports and schedule my 3 year colonoscopy for the fall.

so far ... so good
will keep y'all posted

Cheers on the Journey
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
12 Year survivor

Ron50

Postby Ron50 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:48 pm

CR your situation is a good reminder to all cancer sufferers that there is a whole book full of stuff trying to kill us. It is not just cancer we have to worry about. I have just spent two days in hospital, I have been under the control of a senior cardiologist for over four years. I remember an oncologist telling me that the moment you have colorectal chemo you should be considered as stage 1 heart failure. It is that cardio toxic.. I suffer over 11000 premature atrial and ventricular premature ectopics a day. two years ago I was in hospital with acute vertigo. Two ecg"s recorded atrial flutter consistent with atrial fib. On Thursday I went to my normal family medicine clinic for my regular INR test. I have been on warfarin since my atrial flutter dx. I was not feeling well so they carried out some obs. My BP was 179/60. They did blood tests. I went home (at my insistence ) Two hours later I got the call to go to hospital immediately I had troponin (the heart attack enzyme) in my blood. They did 5 more blood tests whilst I was in er. Only one @ 11 was under the <15 limit for safe levels of troponin. The highest was 27. Based on the lack of substantial evidence on the several ecgs they sent me home with no treatment and no suggested follow up. I asked about the troponin and received the usual 'who knows ''reply. Not Happy, Ron. Ps All the best to you CR, Ron.
dx 1/98
st 3 c 6 nodes
48 sessions 5Fu/levamisole
no recurrence cea <.5
numerous l/t side effects of chemo

NHMike

Postby NHMike » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:28 pm

Ron50 wrote:CR your situation is a good reminder to all cancer sufferers that there is a whole book full of stuff trying to kill us. It is not just cancer we have to worry about. I have just spent two days in hospital, I have been under the control of a senior cardiologist for over four years. I remember an oncologist telling me that the moment you have colorectal chemo you should be considered as stage 1 heart failure. It is that cardio toxic.. I suffer over 11000 premature atrial and ventricular premature ectopics a day. two years ago I was in hospital with acute vertigo. Two ecg"s recorded atrial flutter consistent with atrial fib. On Thursday I went to my normal family medicine clinic for my regular INR test. I have been on warfarin since my atrial flutter dx. I was not feeling well so they carried out some obs. My BP was 179/60. They did blood tests. I went home (at my insistence ) Two hours later I got the call to go to hospital immediately I had troponin (the heart attack enzyme) in my blood. They did 5 more blood tests whilst I was in er. Only one @ 11 was under the <15 limit for safe levels of troponin. The highest was 27. Based on the lack of substantial evidence on the several ecgs they sent me home with no treatment and no suggested follow up. I asked about the troponin and received the usual 'who knows ''reply. Not Happy, Ron. Ps All the best to you CR, Ron.

I was in the ER for dehydration a year ago. I lost the sensation of thirst with the reversal.

I bought an HRM watch afterwards to keep an eye on heart health and have worked on diet an exercise to improve heart health. But yes, challenges continue to pop up.

I'm probably dehydrated right now. Everything runs through me right now. I can't seem to drink anything without a trip to the toilet.

So yes, we're a bit damaged in order to save our lives.
6/17: ER rectal bleeding; Colonoscopy
7/17: 3B rectal. T3N1bM0. 5.2 4.5 4.3 cm. Lymphs: 6 x 4 mm, 8 x 6, 5 x 5
7/17-9/17: Xeloda radiation
7/5: CEA 2.7; 8/16: 1.9; 11/30: 0.6; 12/20 1.4; 1/10 1.8; 1/31 2.2; 2/28 2.6; 4/10 2.8; 5/1 2.8; 5/29 3.2; 7/13 4.5; 8/9 2.8, 2/12 1.2
MSS, KRAS G12D
10/17: 2.7 2.2 1.6 cm (-90%). Lymphs: 3 x 3 mm (-62.5%), 4 x 3 (-75%), 5 x 3 (-40%). 5.1 CM from AV
10/17: LAR, Temp Ileostomy, Path Complete Response
CapeOx (8) 12/17-6/18
7/18: Reversal, Port Removal
2/19: Clean CT

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:17 pm

Ron50 wrote:Based on the lack of substantial evidence on the several ecgs they sent me home with no treatment and no suggested follow up. I asked about the troponin and received the usual 'who knows ''reply. Not Happy, Ron. Ps All the best to you CR, Ron.

You've been through the wringer again Ron.
Keep pushing those Docs to get to the bottom of things

Best wishes buddy
Cheers and Harmony
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
12 Year survivor

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:19 pm

NHMike wrote:So yes, we're a bit damaged in order to save our lives.

So true Mike, what you and Ron talk about is just some of our
" keepin' on ... KEEPING ON ! "

Cheers
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
12 Year survivor

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”