80 mm diverticula in colon ascendens.

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Mattias

80 mm diverticula in colon ascendens.

Postby Mattias » Wed May 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi.
I'm Mattias from Norway.

My recent CT scan of the abdomen revealed suspicious diverticula in colon ascendens, up to 80 mm, lymph nodes in the mesentery, up to 10 mm, and fatty liver.

I am currently waiting for colon CT.

Do you think there is reason to suspect colon cancer? My gp wouldn't say.

jhocno197

Re: 80 mm diverticula in colon ascendens.

Postby jhocno197 » Wed May 27, 2015 10:10 pm

Hmmm...maybe? Diverticula aren't usually that large, it seems.
DH - dx Dec 2014, stage IV with bladder & peritoneal involvement - non-resectable
Colostomy
FOLFOX failed
FOLFIRI failed
Tumor actually distending pelvic skin
Not a candidate for last-ditch pelvic exenteration
Stivarga finally begun 2/19/16
Tumor growing/fungating
Lonsurf started 11/18/16
Died 3/10/17

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Fri May 29, 2015 8:51 pm

80 mm diverticula! That's 8 cm, that's huge imo, only one? Was it seen dx from colonoscopy or ct. Colonoscopy would be the only way to confirm I hadn't diverticulitis diagnosed on CT from inflammation but told later during my colonoscopy that the only way to confirm that was from colonoscopy. Had it mid 2014 and got antibiotics but had problems going to the bathroom for months after so had a colonoscopy in December which confirmed diverticula pockets and also found my cancer.

Mattias

Postby Mattias » Sun May 31, 2015 7:08 pm

ritz75 wrote:80 mm diverticula! That's 8 cm, that's huge imo, only one? Was it seen dx from colonoscopy or ct. Colonoscopy would be the only way to confirm I hadn't diverticulitis diagnosed on CT from inflammation but told later during my colonoscopy that the only way to confirm that was from colonoscopy. Had it mid 2014 and got antibiotics but had problems going to the bathroom for months after so had a colonoscopy in December which confirmed diverticula pockets and also found my cancer.

It was ct of abdomen. There were several suspicious diverticula. I suppose colonoscopy will follow after I go through the colon ct scan on Wednesday.

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:10 am

Make sure u get a colonoscopy either way.

Mattias

Postby Mattias » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:55 am

The colon CT luckily did not find any tumors. It did however confirm that there were several large diverticula, and it revealed that there were also several stenoses.

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:02 am

Mattias, like Ritz has said previously, you are going to need a colonoscopy. That is the only way to tell for sure what is going on in your colon. Make sure to get one, even if you have to persist and insist on one. Welcome to the club, by the way.
Best Wishes, peanut
female, diagnosed Jan 14, RC stage 2a, age 56
MSS
April 14, 28 chemo/rad with Xeloda
June 14 adjuvant Xeloda 6 rounds
currently NED

jhocno197

Postby jhocno197 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:05 pm

I second (third?) the suggestion that you get a colonoscopy anyway. My husband was told that he had diverticulitis; several months later we found out it was actually cancer that was now inoperable stage IV. If we had found out earlier, his prognosis might be better. Go get a colonoscopy!!!
DH - dx Dec 2014, stage IV with bladder & peritoneal involvement - non-resectable
Colostomy
FOLFOX failed
FOLFIRI failed
Tumor actually distending pelvic skin
Not a candidate for last-ditch pelvic exenteration
Stivarga finally begun 2/19/16
Tumor growing/fungating
Lonsurf started 11/18/16
Died 3/10/17

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”