Freaking out

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!

Freaking out

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:37 am

I am 27 and had a colonoscopy a little over a month ago. When I went in for the follow up the doctor was shocked when she said I had a tubular adnoma and said I might want to get genetic testing done. She also said that if I had any bleeding (the reason why I got the colonoscopy, they also found hemmroids) to go back in ASAP. Well, I had bleeding after a bowel movement yesturday and I am totally freaking out. It's been five weeks since my colonoscopy, could something serious be wrong? I am scared enough about the reaction to my polyp (she didn't say that it was cancerous) and I almost passed out when I saw the blood.

monkeyblam

Postby monkeyblam » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:19 am

I don't know anything about "tubular adnoma", so I can't offer any helpful information. But I can tell you this... A couple years ago, I had bloody stools (at 31 years of age) and I can completely relate to how freaked out you are. It's a very scary thing.

In my case, it turned out to be Crohn's disease, which hasn't been nearly as bad an experience as the literature/internet/doctors would have had me believe. In my experience, things are never as bad as you fear they will be.

I think Magnolia put it perfectly in another thread...
Magnolia wrote:Keep in mind colon cancer at such an early age IS unusual, although obviously not imposssible. Other causes of the symptoms are also quite possible. Getting EVERYTHING checked until there's an answer is important. You can't rule out what you never looked for. Keep plugging at it until you find out what you need to know. Here's hoping it IS something less serious, but if it's not, you need to know sooner rather than later.

If it's something serious, it's a blessing that you're catching it now.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”