Folfirinox plus Avastin

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
ilivebyfaith

Folfirinox plus Avastin

Postby ilivebyfaith » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:54 am

Hi everyone.

I would just like to know if anyone of you have experienced or have knowledge on this particular chemo cocktail.

It's what my husband is currently on.

There's only very limited studies in the net regarding folfirinox on colon cancer (as pancreatic cancer always pops whenever i type in folfirinox).

Any comments would be a great help.

Thank you.
Carer to DH 42, DX MCRC IV mets liver,lungs 9/9/14;Wild type, KRAS/NRAS nonmutant; Folfox 3x Folfox+Vectibix 3x CTscan, liver mets gone, colon tumor 12 to 15cm, lung mets inc (31-R, 19-L); Change: FOLFIRI + erbitux 6x, colon and liver clear, progress in lungs. Change: folfirinox + Avastin 12x, lung metastasectomy, molecular profiling, folfiri + erbitux, progression, will be switched to stivarga PRAISE GOD FOR HIS FAITHFULNESS!

jalusa

Re: Folfirinox plus Avastin

Postby jalusa » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:34 pm

I just finished 4 rounds of folfoxiri. No avastin. I am pretty sure it is the same thing. Google that and you find more colon cancer related posts. I did ok with it except for my white counts. I ended up needing neupagen shots to boost my counts.

I have scans this coming week. I don't know yet how well it worked.
Hoping to get to resection with HAI pump.
Failed PVE - Searching for options
Chemo for life

ilivebyfaith

Postby ilivebyfaith » Fri May 01, 2015 9:27 am

Hi Jalusa,

Thank you for your reply. My husband is currently on his 3rd round of Folfoxiri plus Avastin, and will have a ct scan after his 6th round.

I'm a little worried about the side effects, as this particular cocktail has almost everything combined. Praying for positive scans.
Carer to DH 42, DX MCRC IV mets liver,lungs 9/9/14;Wild type, KRAS/NRAS nonmutant; Folfox 3x Folfox+Vectibix 3x CTscan, liver mets gone, colon tumor 12 to 15cm, lung mets inc (31-R, 19-L); Change: FOLFIRI + erbitux 6x, colon and liver clear, progress in lungs. Change: folfirinox + Avastin 12x, lung metastasectomy, molecular profiling, folfiri + erbitux, progression, will be switched to stivarga PRAISE GOD FOR HIS FAITHFULNESS!

Rheaeliza

Postby Rheaeliza » Fri May 01, 2015 10:58 am

I did this exact regimen for several rounds, eventually the oxali was dropped. I had very good response, decreasing my tumor bourdon tremendously, enough to qualify me for hipec and liver resection and I have been NED for 18 months.
12/7/12: 30 yrs. old, Dx stage 4b.mets to liver, ovary, nodes, ommentum.
7 months chemo, shrinkage!
8/26/13 HIPEC, colon resection,hysterectomy, appndx, gallbladder out.
9/12/13:leak in colon, temp. loop ileost, home 9/18
11/3/13: liver resect.
1/2014 Ostomy reversal, one week later, abcess surg., fistula, tpn.
No more chemo, NED since 11/13

jalusa

Postby jalusa » Fri May 01, 2015 11:19 am

How many rounds?
Hoping to get to resection with HAI pump.
Failed PVE - Searching for options
Chemo for life

Ceebo

Postby Ceebo » Sat May 02, 2015 5:27 am

Rheaeliza: that's encouraging news. Where did you have your HIPEC done?
DH 64 Stage 4 on 4/14 ; cecal tumor; 5+ nodes ; mets to liver; colon resection
5/14 FOLFOX
9/14 - Liver surgery aborted; peri mets
10/14 CT mult.1-2 mm lung mets; FOLFIRI & Avastin
1/15 CT -liver & lung mets shrinking
3/15 PET - ? New met. site colon; CEA rising
7/15 Chemo has failed; looking for clinical trial
9/29/15 started TAS-102 trial
KRAS mutant; MSS

ilivebyfaith

Postby ilivebyfaith » Sat May 02, 2015 7:25 am

Rheaeliza wrote:I did this exact regimen for several rounds, eventually the oxali was dropped. I had very good response, decreasing my tumor bourdon tremendously, enough to qualify me for hipec and liver resection and I have been NED for 18 months.

Thank you for this very positive story. I pray that this will also eventually zap out the lung mets to be able to qualify my husband for a resectioning. My husband's mets are all very small but scattered all over the lungs.

If I may share, we are still in the hospital now though we will be discharged in a bit, and I'm so happy to see my husband very much excited for the big fight tomorrow. He is such in high spirits right now. I triumph whenever my husband is happy about something, and do whatever it takes to make him happy and comfortable. I love him so!

Regards to everyone in the board!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”